What I know on how to manage elder & shaper presence (updated 12/14/17)

"

Same here.
I've gotten up to t9 maps.
Cleared every shaper map i can and gotten half a tab of shaper items but haven't seen any elder influence yet.
Maybe it's hidden under the fog of war but i can see shaper's stuff through that, no elder stuff.

"

Are you making sure you clear shaper influenced maps that are directly linked / the next map over from an elder influenced one?

There are no elder influenced maps on my atlas at all.
Last edited by Taliesin on Dec 14, 2017, 6:00:52 PM
"
Taliesin wrote:
"

Same here.
I've gotten up to t9 maps.
Cleared every shaper map i can and gotten half a tab of shaper items but haven't seen any elder influence yet.
Maybe it's hidden under the fog of war but i can see shaper's stuff through that, no elder stuff.

"

Are you making sure you clear shaper influenced maps that are directly linked / the next map over from an elder influenced one?

There are no elder influenced maps on my atlas at all.

Oh. Well then. Poo.
Has anyone been able to feed a shaper guardian to the elder? Even if all the maps around a guardian are under elder control, he doesn't want to expand to that guardian, running it also does nothing.
I don't quite understand the choke points, could you please explain further?
Good day!
You can see somthing similar or just know more about this situation, so i asking you..
Have a bug.
I have elder guard in shaped map (Vault), and after i beat him(have no loot), hes not dissapear from map and map still elder influented with that guard on my atlas

What should i do, for kicking the purifier out of my atlas?

Thank you
mark,still haven't see any elder map.
IGN:EYELVAUD
"
Molochmane wrote:
Can I run an regular map on an occupied guardian/elder shaped map?

yes you can trigger the boss, but it will not complete the map. The tier must be exactly the same..if that's an issue. You can unshape it

How does this work, will the guardian be still be there after and we can fight him over and over?
"
Molochmane wrote:
20) Dang, I found out my character can't complete the elder/guardian boss. Can I switch to my boss killer to finish them?
Spoiler
I wouldn't recommend it, because if you switch characters it will not complete the encounter.
But you can invite a trusted online player to defeat the boss.

Or before entering the arena/activating the boss, you can switch to your boss killer character to finish the job and still get the completion

Well that sucks.
BTW what counts as "activation" on maps like Dunes or Acis Lakes (no separate Arena)?
I have to damage him, or being near is enough?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
I was bad at mathematics in school and after reading OP, I feel like my maths became even worse.

I understand nothing about this system. I'll just do whatever map I feel like doing and if that messes up anything with shaper or elder, so be it.

All the planning with the skill tree is enough planning for me. If I have to plan about the maps too, then my fun will get spoiled I think.

But to each their own. I just hope GGG won't keep on overcomplicating things...
Does anyone know, or tried, if killing an Elder Guardian on a tier 11 Shaped Map, gives a memory fragment ? or do i have to let them invade red tier maps on the atlas?

Thanks in advance for the help, im just trying to let the elder reach the inner circle, invane tough, already destroyed my atlas twice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info