What I know on how to manage elder & shaper presence (updated 12/14/17)

"
Hatstick wrote:
I am now Lvl 87 in the Abyss HC League, cleared all Maps up to T8 and want to start the Shaped Strats, but nothing happens...

Cleared the Maps around the Shaper Influence, no Elder Ground Spawns. Cleared out a few Shaper Influence Maps, nothing happens.
There is such a good Content in this Season, but i cant get Access to it... Try out tommorow a few more Maps, then quit this League.

New and fresh Atlas Mechanic are very nice, but no Info about the new Mechanics are awful... i play actually around the new Season Content. :(

I'm sorry if I can't provide the information you need :(. Hopefully someone else who has an idea can share his/her input on the new atlas mechanics.
So I played again and now I could go Spider Lair -> Jungle Valley -> Coral Ruins. When I tried it yesterday going from T6 to T7 it pushed me back to T5, maybe because Fields (T6) wasn't occupied and this time it was? Not shure, though.
Now the next part I want to take on but don't want to ruin everything again.
This is my Atlas now:
Spoiler

Which map can I take to advance the Elder presence and why or why not? So I would say only T7 Arachnid Nest, because last time I left one lower tier map out it ruined everything. But now T5 Ivory Temple is also "connected", should I do it first?

And why can't it be just "do Shaper maps, incraese Elder presence. Do Elder maps, increase Shaper presence"...

E: Turns out T7 was ok, guess it's T8 then.
Last edited by Firestorm666 on Dec 13, 2017, 6:16:24 AM
OK, this is nice info.
But IMO lacks one important things (for WotA newbies like me).
What are profits from running Elder maps, and what are profits from running Shaper maps. Possible Shaped/Elder loot?
Also which are more profitable?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Im really confused by this system.
i try to expand elder influence but when i complete shaper map connected to elder area shaper may take some maps on the other side.
does it mean that there there should be a connected area that is unoccupied by shaper for elder to expand the territory and if all ways for elder are blocked, shaper will retake some territory?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Dec 14, 2017, 4:16:34 AM
I'm beginning to feel desperated !! I got the 4 elder guardians and elder on my atlas, tried to kill Eradicator first, I died, came back to the arena and the boss was not there (known bug!!! :( ).

Then I killed Enslaver , killed him and he dissapeared from map (no longer says "occupied by the ...) , then I tried the same with the Constrictor and the Purifier , I killed them both with my SLAYER yet when I culled them the Elder came, he did like some sort of animation , they died but didnt drop any loot and the map remained unchanged (it still says "Occupied by the Purifier/Constrictor" ), even after killing them twice...
This is so frustrating.....
"
Molochmane wrote:

- Tentacle/octopi mobs spawn at random and becomes part of the pack

thanks bro, awesome guide, but there is a hint, hypercorrect in gramatic
Octopus noun is latin/greek derived, but 2nd not 3rd declension, so plural nominative would be octōpodēs
But practice shows form "octopuses" is most common
"Je sens que je suis libre,
mais je sais que je ne le suis pas”
―Emil Mihai Cioran
Last edited by skrecu on Dec 14, 2017, 2:41:48 PM
Have you been able to get past 13/15 for the quest? I've been farming elder in std since the patch but I've been stuck on 13/15 for the last two days and I cant find the last two memory fragments/shaper orbs. I'm starting to think it cant be completed atm.

Also, have you seen elder infect a t16 map yet? He wont infect mine.
"
Hatstick wrote:
I am now Lvl 87 in the Abyss HC League, cleared all Maps up to T8 and want to start the Shaped Strats, but nothing happens...

Cleared the Maps around the Shaper Influence, no Elder Ground Spawns. Cleared out a few Shaper Influence Maps, nothing happens.
There is such a good Content in this Season, but i cant get Access to it... Try out tommorow a few more Maps, then quit this League.

New and fresh Atlas Mechanic are very nice, but no Info about the new Mechanics are awful... i play actually around the new Season Content. :(

Same here.
I've gotten up to t9 maps.
Cleared every shaper map i can and gotten half a tab of shaper items but haven't seen any elder influence yet.
Maybe it's hidden under the fog of war but i can see shaper's stuff through that, no elder stuff.
"
Taliesin wrote:
"
Hatstick wrote:

Same here.
I've gotten up to t9 maps.
Cleared every shaper map i can and gotten half a tab of shaper items but haven't seen any elder influence yet.
Maybe it's hidden under the fog of war but i can see shaper's stuff through that, no elder stuff.

Are you making sure you clear shaper influenced maps that are directly linked / the next map over from an elder influenced one?
"
mezmery wrote:
Im really confused by this system.
i try to expand elder influence but when i complete shaper map connected to elder area shaper may take some maps on the other side.
does it mean that there there should be a connected area that is unoccupied by shaper for elder to expand the territory and if all ways for elder are blocked, shaper will retake some territory?

- Yes that is true, the shaper will take over maps. As long you expand your elder influence..it wont be much of an issue. Sometimes as you make the elder area much larger,he may take over maps that is connected to the shaper. This works the other way around as well.

"
Chronnoisseur wrote:
Have you been able to get past 13/15 for the quest? I've been farming elder in std since the patch but I've been stuck on 13/15 for the last two days and I cant find the last two memory fragments/shaper orbs. I'm starting to think it cant be completed atm.

Also, have you seen elder infect a t16 map yet? He wont infect mine.

I'm stuck at fragment at fragment # 13. Haven't tried to push to T16 zone though, i'm keeping my atlas modified for now. Hopefully someone who had success can share his/her experience.

"
Nishrek wrote:
OK, this is nice info.
But IMO lacks one important things (for WotA newbies like me).
What are profits from running Elder maps, and what are profits from running Shaper maps. Possible Shaped/Elder loot?
Also which are more profitable?

- High Ilvl bases (titan boots, spiked gloves, gripped gloves, steel rings, opals ... etc), but having them enchanted by the elder and shaper is rare.
Last edited by Molochmane on Dec 14, 2017, 5:59:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info