What I know on how to manage elder & shaper presence (updated 12/14/17)

So what is the goal? Is it to let the elders expand? I am missing the big picture and what the benefits are of each side in the war. I'm not in maps yet in Abyss.

Even in standard, I see that there is a black cloud forming. Is that Elder influence?

Thanks.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
So basically if you continuously do a map that's on the border/edge of the Elder's influence it will bounce between Shaper and Elder influence?

Still running maps with Shaper Influence to get the Elder to activate.
"
ChanBalam wrote:
So what is the goal? Is it to let the elders expand? I am missing the big picture and what the benefits are of each side in the war. I'm not in maps yet in Abyss.

Even in standard, I see that there is a black cloud forming. Is that Elder influence?

Thanks.

- the only benefits is to acquire specific item bases...imagine shaper/elder steel rings, opals, two-tone boots (drool)

- black cloud with stars is shaper, elder is with the tendril.
first things first, thank you. GGG do we have to be data scientists to figure this out? I dont have a math degree for god's sake.
"
first things first, thank you. GGG do we have to be data scientists to figure this out? I dont have a math degree for god's sake.

Thanks, I want to share this information to everyone because why not? We can't have a few elite individuals to keep it a secret and farming elder/shaper maps do we :P
It never occurred to me that there would be a 'good way' of filling out the atlas. I will have to pay closer attention going forward... thanks for this!
"
Molochmane wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

Thanks.

- the only benefits is to acquire specific item bases...imagine shaper/elder steel rings, opals, two-tone boots (drool)

- black cloud with stars is shaper, elder is with the tendril.
Thanks very much.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Molochmane wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
So you can only get shaper orbs from elder controlled maps?

That's my conclusion so far, i was able to get a t13 and t14 orb respectively.

Yup. It takes so long to get the last T10 one, it's depressing and I still don't have it.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I guess some people like to complicate their fun.

as for me, I just do all maps I have access to, and/or feel like at any particular moment. How will that affect my fun? We shall see.
updated extra stuff
Last edited by Molochmane on Dec 11, 2017, 6:22:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info