Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

"
metalhedgear wrote:
Brought my new Acer Predator Helios 300 with me on a work trip thinking it would play PoE perfectly fine since my desktop does. The predator has an i7-7700HQ @2.8ghz, 16gb RAM and a GTX 1060 on a 60hz screen. It is skipping (frame-dropping) every 2 seconds and is unplayable in any setting configuration. I've tried them all. Something needs to be done about this if the fault is not ours. I'm currently on Nvidia update 399.24. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Apparently all I had to do was change Networking Mode under the UI tab from Lockstep to Predictive. No more stutter.

You sir deserve a medal and all the exalts this game has to offer! I was at my wit's end with this problem. Tried everything: reconfigured my router from scratch; almost broke my OS fiddling with it. And then I saw your post... I cannot believe it was so simple and why didn't I see it (maybe because it's in the UI section, go figure). But you have my eternal gratitude!

PS. And beer. Lots and lots of beer! Cheers
"
metalhedgear wrote:
Brought my new Acer Predator Helios 300 with me on a work trip thinking it would play PoE perfectly fine since my desktop does. The predator has an i7-7700HQ @2.8ghz, 16gb RAM and a GTX 1060 on a 60hz screen. It is skipping (frame-dropping) every 2 seconds and is unplayable in any setting configuration. I've tried them all. Something needs to be done about this if the fault is not ours. I'm currently on Nvidia update 399.24. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Apparently all I had to do was change Networking Mode under the UI tab from Lockstep to Predictive. No more stutter.

You sir, have the "touch of god" <3
Thanks mate
Win 10 reinstall, GTX 1060, PoE reinstalled via Steam. Somehow, my PoE would drop to ~20 fps for a moment every few seconds. My game was literally stuttering every 2 or 3 seconds.

I kept playing that way for a few weeks, but I finally fixed it by...following the Guru3D's nvidia driver uninstall instructions (including disconnecting from the internet + doing it all in safe mode). And then installing the most recent whql certified nvidia drivers (which I had pre-downloaded) + geforce experience (all defaults).
I forget if the stutter went away at that point, or if it went away after letting the Geforce Experience utility "optimize" my PoE settings (other than the display mode).

Anyways, just posting it here in case my experience helps anyone at all. Happy hunting!
"
metalhedgear wrote:

Great, you "fixed" the problem by going back to year 2010 where everyone (thousand of threads here) was complaining about dying to predictive network model. :)
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info