Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

The thing is it started recently ...i didnt had a problem with it only problem was long loading and im okay with that since i dont own SSD but now on killing packs id drops on 5 and less fps especialy when you open a breach.... and ive tried literaly everything ONLY THING that fixed fps for me was DX9 or 9ex BUUUUT there is a problem with theese dx it randomly crashed every time so its also unplayable i got strong pc and i cant even play on low with no fps drop change on killing.... its sad no fix ATM rip
Also getting this crazy stuttering as of the last few days but i don't understand what has chanced since i haven't updated my PC in any way or downloaded anything new to my PC WTH is happening to this game man it's so hard to play a support wihth HH guys now. #feelsbadman
"
kolonelkernel wrote:
I ran into the same problem since the latest update, I6600K + GTX 1060 GB, worked fine before the update, now major stuttering. Tried every solution presented here. Deleting the shader cache worked temporarily, but the real fix was to set the networking client mode to "Predictive". I've got a 70MB up/5MB down connection, so maybe something changed in the net code between the versions. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Networking_mode

When will this be fixed, GGG, or we will have to play predictive forever? It's really suicide to play predictive while leveling above 95+ and in HC.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Never had problems b4. Log in to play PoE .. every new zone insane lag.. any unique monsters casting spells for the first time.. insane stutter lag. ITs alwayhs like these mini stutters when loading into a new zone, or meeting monsters casting abilities.. then it goes away after abit. Untill... i nenter NEW zone.. same shit... so awful
FYI, I fixed my stuttering and laggy UI problems by rolling back to Nvidia driver 390.77 (January 29th release). I also found that I was getting weird system lag after playing certain games like PoE or Grim Dawn (Firefox, videos, etc.) which was a recent development. A restart or reset of the video driver would fix the problem.

Win 7 64: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130631

Win 10 64: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/130633
Its really frustrating that with good internet, a GTX1080, an OC'ed 7600K, 16GB of ram, and a 960EVO... this game plays like a slide show unless you roll back drivers and tinker with every setting and cfg files for hours, and it still might not fix your issues.
I love this game so far, but i can't play it either. When i go into mapping i have many little stutters, even if i am walking forward in the maps without monsters or fighting.

And in the fights my framerate sometimes goes to 8-30 frames. Its unplayable for me right now even with a desent computer.

Still no fix for that?
Been having the same problem.

i5 3570k, gtx 1060 3GB, 850 evo ssd, 16gb ram.

Just upgraded from gtx 760 1 month ago, and still the game stutters the same as before.

Especially when I did the uber elder encounter, the stuttering was OMG in there.
I died 4 consecutive times unable to even see what happened due to continuous stuttering.

I kept wasting portals (went into 2nd fragment set) trying GFX settings, and the only way I was able to finally play and finish the battle was when I changed the API to DX9, put every setting on the absolute minimum, and turned engine multithreading off.

Even then, the game was not completely stutter free (still happened every ~1-2 minutes).

The issue shouldn't be in the cpu,
since the utilization is rather low when it happens.

Edit: Gonna try the driver rollback people suggesting above.
Last edited by smichal52 on May 14, 2018, 6:15:25 AM
Hello, everyone.
I have the same issues you've described earlier - frame freezes when the zone loads monsters/textures and/or effects animations.

Conf:
Windows10 Pro x64
i7-7700k
32Gb DDR4-3000Mhz
nVidia GTX1060-3Gb
Intel SSD

And yes, I did all those operations people posted before me: turning on/off lots of graphical performance stuff.
Tried adding --nopreload and --noasync to the PoE shortcut: had a little positive influence but not for a long time, still continued to blow my fkin mind with the same frame spikes.
VSync, Multi-Threading, MSAA, AA/Trilinear, Fullscreen/Windowed Full, nVidia drivers rollback, graphic card power management (only lead to GPU temperature grew to a steady 55C+) and so on...
Nothing helped, nothing.
Previously I did put GGG in blame but now I start to realize there is no only guilty "person".
And I will explain my thoughts below.

Actually I think it's not the GGG side of the medal.
There is a big rumour that Microsoft ruined the gaming performance with Windows Creators Update release, versions are 1607 and 1709.
So one of the solutions atm is rolling back to 1511 version of W10.
Most of the gamers replied that they have no issues with latest nVidia drivers on W10-1511 version and on Windows7 system.

I will try my best to rollback W10 to the version mentioned above and drop the results here.
I think we are close to find the magic pill here and relief our pain and play POE with huge fun like we did before.

Also, from my side, I don't remember myself having any issues except ISP lags in POE while playing on Win7 system - but that was my side and my problem, no offense to GGG side here.
So that is one more fact proving Win10 update seems to be absolutely in blame.

Cheers!
Last edited by fabregas88 on Jun 15, 2018, 7:03:02 AM
"
fabregas88 wrote:

Just in case you forgot about it make sure to disable all of the windows xbox services and a dumb thing called windows game bar as it does more harm then good, also disable fullscreen optimizations individually for each game because even after getting rid of it by disabling windows game bar it still does its thingy and screws you over in a best way possible.
Cooperation is a silent form of conflict.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info