Frame rate stuttering since 3.1

"
fabregas88 wrote:
Hello, everyone.
Previously I did put GGG in blame but now I start to realize there is no only guilty "person".
And I will explain my thoughts below.

Actually I think it's not the GGG side of the medal.
So that is one more fact proving Win10 update seems to be absolutely in blame.

Cheers!

The thing is that is not the way software works. Microsoft is a platform for software that works with it's developers. A games developer doesn't just get an update on Tuesday, like the rest of us, and hope things don't break. The way it works is they are given advance notice of changes and then previews of OS releases. The same thing happens for any technology the games uses. It is simply part of being a developer to be aware of these changes that are coming and to do the work to update/maintain your code to work with them.

If things broke the way you described then all games would have ongoing issues all the time.
Got the same problem starting from 3.0-3.1, i guess. Playing on my laptop with i7-4710hq, gtx 860m 4gb, 8gb ram, good internet. Never got any troubles playing any other demanding games up to 2018 so i'm 100% sure, this problem is from GGG side. I've already tried to use different graphic settings, but it makes no difference at all and i dont really want to waste my time messing with some config files or looking for hundreds of possible solutions on forums. Just the fact that you need to reroll drivers or edit config files to be able to play a single game makes me sad, reminding about great and fun 2.6 times.
Thought I'd add what solved it for me. I am sure there are lots of different causes but maybe this helps someone.

After trying lots of things on the PC I simply restarted the router leaving it off for a minute. I know it sounds too easy but the difference is absolutely night ad day. It suddenly occurred to me because I was also having issues with adverts in streamed video and had solved that this way before. Routers are basically computers themselves and most have memory leaks with their software. Over time they get less available memory and with no memory free they can still function for most tasks but more complex tasks (for instance encrypted traffic) might be a problem.

As I say, not going to help everyone but worth a try.
Been having this issue for a while and it always seemed worst when first playing or when changing zone.

Tried the full screen swap but no dice, if anything it was worse and tabbing back to windows flipped the game to windowed mode!

Finally sorted it though - check your Direct X version... min had swapped back to 9. Now using DX 11 and it's unbelievably smooth.
Ya I'm having this issue now after updating my driver to 398.36, unfortunately. Even with Vsync off, I'm going 140-25fps every 2 seconds. The stutter is pretty bad.
my fps is going crazy...changing from dx11 to 9ex got performance A LOT better but still having occasional fps drop...like crazy drop...from constant 60-140fps to 14-25 when a lot of action on screen...not the best rig by todays standards but come on...should run a game like poe smooth at all times

8gb ddr4
ssd
i7 7700hq
gtx1050ti 4gb
"
pyres wrote:
Well I reinstalled the game, reinstalled my gfx drivers twice, ran multiple virus and malware/adware scans, tried DX9 and DX9ex versions and even turned the resolution WAY down with the other settings turned down as far as possible. Still get severe fps drops. For the last 3 leagues the game has run beautifully for me. The worst fps drops happen when monsters are casting spells but it happens anywhere in the game. I am convinced this is an issue with the game and not a hardware issue I am having. It is just bad enough for me to be thinking about quitting until the issue is fixed. I encourage anyone else having a similar issue to post a reply so maybe there will be some attention given to it. I have not seen a lot of people saying they are having an issue but there are enough that maybe GGG will acknowledge it. I was planning to buy Abyss supporter packs when they came out but if this issue is not resolved then I doubt I will be playing long enough to see them. Help us GGG.

I am also having stuttering issues. Just bought a new gaming PC specifically to play this game, so this is beyond disappointing.
my 2 cents...

i have a decent PC. i can play highly grafically intensive games at 120fps.

but when it comes to POE i hit 50-55 FPS in maps.

i dont know what the optomization team is doing but please do something.
delve instances seem to use allot more of the available system resources.
so it could just be that they need to do a Grafical overhall for the older textures.

this frustrates me allot aswell guys trust me.

lets see my dudes.
Last edited by Kenchucky on Sep 6, 2018, 6:18:43 PM
Brought my new Acer Predator Helios 300 with me on a work trip thinking it would play PoE perfectly fine since my desktop does. The predator has an i7-7700HQ @2.8ghz, 16gb RAM and a GTX 1060 on a 60hz screen. It is skipping (frame-dropping) every 2 seconds and is unplayable in any setting configuration. I've tried them all. Something needs to be done about this if the fault is not ours. I'm currently on Nvidia update 399.24. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Apparently all I had to do was change Networking Mode under the UI tab from Lockstep to Predictive. No more stutter.
Last edited by metalhedgear on Sep 11, 2018, 1:27:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info