All in favor of extinction of these BATS.

I am just curious as to why these mobs persist into a new instant of a map?

EX: made it to a way-point then ran over one of the triggers. When the 'bats' got too much, I way-pointed out and set a new instant. When I arrived in the new instant, ALL of the previous Abyss mobs were present AT the way-point.
spawn-mortars (spawnapults)
These guys are the real culprits.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Haha indeed those things with soul eater and quick are pretty funny.
One of them I can deal with, but three on a pile? PLEASEGODNOGETTHEMOFFMEGETTHEMOFF!!!!

Thankfully I haven't died to them yet, which surprises me considering I'm playing a rather squishy dodge/evasion Trickster. Come to think of it, not even Doedre murdered me. Did they change her damage output?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
U need huge DPS or u can forget it...
Weird idea, but I'm at the Point, where I can handle them
Well, as I pointed out in another thread... it seems their regen is tied to available corpses (which fits the theme of all the gems added this expansion pretty well). All three (four? I forget if there's a second variant of the bipedal hunch-bros or not) seem to have a similar mechanic.

The Pit Worms and their ability to spam Spawn_Grub in patently ridiculous amounts, and the rate at which the Pit Worms appear themselves (two of them can a quarter of a screen with grubs fairly fast - and they pop in groups of 2-4, and sometimes respawn on a new 'wave' at a chasm) is of course the compounding issue.

...but even without that, the bats are a bloody menace and out of the group of Abyssal rares, the absolute least favorite to run into. At least everyone else has a 'tell' on their huge damage attacks, and a cooldown. I've had those bloody bats spam it back-to-back for upwards of 30 seconds. They chunked me harder then what I hope was a max-stacked Soul Eater version of the scorpion-bugs.

I really don't want to see one of the bats with Soul Eater. :/
"
DoubleU wrote:

You mean the one with big green balls? I started using multistrike flicker, to GTFO of his balls. I always pop HP pot pre-emptively. Problem is, you can't sometimes see them, due to color (and my colourblindness).
Last edited by Sixtysan on Dec 10, 2017, 6:43:10 PM
"
Sixtysan wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:

You mean the one with big green balls? I started using multistrike flicker, to GTFO of his balls. I always pop HP pot pre-emptively. Problem is, you can't sometimes see them, due to color (and my colourblindness).

they are those stationary cocoons that spit 78687876 worms from 1-2 screens distance, they arent much of a problem themself but they provide with unlimited suply of corpses for the bats to do their bat thing
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I've started slowing down during an abyss event. I take out those stupid spitting totem like things and that stops the regen. Once you take those guys out it's fairly simple.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We won't be making them extinct but we do have some information regarding an update to them coming in today's news post.

Please don't cater to the scrubs who can only hold down one button and aren't interested in gaming there way past encounters like this. You guys are just caving in to this "POE has no skill" Bakedchicken mindset and making it come true. Chris Wilson of old would have asked what tactics these "players" tried to deal with the hard encounters. Guess Chris is too happy with casual dollars these days to have hard fights in the game any more.

And there's the basic problem, if you can't lose ANY abyss fights, then the winning is meaningless and unsatisfying. The Bats should stay as they are, totally manageable if you're not a scrub who can't push more than 1 button. if anything the other rare types need to be buffed to need some similar mitigation strategy.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Dec 10, 2017, 8:38:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info