So whats the fate of all other ''non-stygian'' belts?

I haven't picked up one single non-stygian vise.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"

Oh I understand completely, when you make ass of yourself by assuming things about people which you can't derive through the interaction you had with them so far its customary to apologize. Apology accepted.

Btw, I have played D1, D3 and games like Darkstone. I know their gearing progression perfectly well. I also know Paths' gearing progression perfectly well. This game is designed to be a full time job if you want the best gear in it. I do not want a full time job, I already have one. Besides that GGG has already presented you with the perfect solution, SSF. If you don't like how unhardcore the game is for you, please play either SSF or HSSF.

PoE is designed the way it is because it's a free to play game that aims to stay in business for a long period of time (10 years originally). You have to make the ultimate goals as unreachable as possible to achive this. But we are going off topic.

Gearing is a very important aspect of the game... the faster you get the ultimate, nearly perfect, equipment the faster you will lose interest in loot... and start to slowly lose interest in the League.

Anything that makes gearing alarmingly fast shortens league's life.
A fun League like Abyss has the potential to live a little longer compared to other leagues... but easy loot can harm that, you have to find the right balance to have a rewarding League without not going overboard.

I'm quite sure that you can have a fun abyss League without having a rare belt dropping in every single chest, or a rare jewel dropping every 2 zones.

I'm already playing HC SSF by the way.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Dec 10, 2017, 12:12:52 PM
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"

Oh I understand completely, when you make ass of yourself by assuming things about people which you can't derive through the interaction you had with them so far its customary to apologize. Apology accepted.

Btw, I have played D1, D3 and games like Darkstone. I know their gearing progression perfectly well. I also know Paths' gearing progression perfectly well. This game is designed to be a full time job if you want the best gear in it. I do not want a full time job, I already have one. Besides that GGG has already presented you with the perfect solution, SSF. If you don't like how unhardcore the game is for you, please play either SSF or HSSF.

PoE is designed the way it is because it's a free to play game that aims to stay in business for a long period of time (10 years originally). You have to make the ultimate goals as unreachable as possible to achive this. But we are going off topic.

Gearing is a very important aspect of the game... the faster you get the ultimate, nearly perfect, equipment the faster you will lose interest in loot... and start to slowly lose interest in the League.

Anything that makes gearing alarmingly fast shortens league's life.
A fun League like Abyss has the potential to live a little longer compared to other leagues... but easy loot can harm that, you have to find the right balance to have a rewarding League without not going overboard.

I'm quite sure that you can have a fun abyss League without having a rare belt dropping in every single chest, or a rare jewel dropping every 2 zones.

I'm already playing HC SSF by the way.

Those design concepts are incredibly antiquated and we are getting off topic indeed.

What I can agree with you on is there needs to be a balance.

Unfortunately, when was the last time you have seen GGG execute balance in a meaningful fashion. What they hear when they see threads like this popping up is that it is ok to reduce the instances of this loot occurring in the environment by 75%. Then they will do it. People will complain that now they aren't getting anything. GGG will sit on their hands for most of the league and then grudgingly increase the drop rates by a meager amount to stop the forum flood.

I have seen this cycle with mechanics, league after league. You know what, I am tired of it. Given the power of these items I doubt they will be making it into the core game. Enjoy them while they are here. Remember if you feel its too easy you can always make it more difficult for yourself by simply not using the gear or selling it. However, I find that requires far more strength of will than most people are willing to exercise.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
have to agree that there are not many reasons to pick other belts, they keep rolling crap stats but sooner or later we will get the life + triple ress roll coupled with a good jewel

at this point i dont think there is a way to fix them without turning this into a legacy shitstorm so what about making stygian belts remove flask slots, heck may be even add "double stats but cant use flask", that should make them unique but not broken.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Corrupt for +endurance charge, anyone? Doesn't matter what base it is then.
"
rottenvenetic wrote:
Corrupt for +endurance charge, anyone? Doesn't matter what base it is then.
there are some jewels that are much better than +1 endurance charge for overwhelming majority of builds, even builds that stack EC's.

GGG made it so all other belt bases are pretty much irrelevant and corruptions are irrelevant too.
the stats you can get on abyssal jewels are too powerful
"
grepman wrote:
there are some jewels that are much better than +1 endurance charge for overwhelming majority of builds, even builds that stack EC's.

GGG made it so all other belt bases are pretty much irrelevant and corruptions are irrelevant too.

I've only noticed +2 physical resist on the eyeballs (except one that was +6 but against abyssals specifically), what have you been getting?
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Dec 11, 2017, 12:06:37 AM
I guess everyone is just taking for granted that Stygian Vice will be a permenant part of the game and not just exclusive to this league? Cool.

IMO, the most likely answer is that whatever form Abyss gets added to the base game, the Stygian Vice will not be part of it.
"
rottenvenetic wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

I've only noticed +2 physical resist on the eyeballs (except one that was +6 but against abyssals specifically), what have you been getting?
me or what Ive seen others get ? ;)
Im not at the endgame yet but Ive seen example of ridiculous jewels. ones with 4 mods and 50+ life as one of them
ok poeaffix apparently has all the affixes for these jewels

so stuff you can have on jewels:
up to 50 life
up to 3 mana regen/sec
chance to blind with attacks
chance to taunt with attacks
% life regen when moving

as well as a ton of flat damage to weapon type

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info