So whats the fate of all other ''non-stygian'' belts?

I agree with the "work=/=job" thing. Games need to be fun. But the items in the game need potential. Right now, they've eliminated the potential from a whole class of items that used to be interesting. Once the newness of these belts wears off, people will be back asking to buff the other belts. That leads deep into power creep, and we're back to needing a whole new round of nerfs to combat it.

These belts need moderation. They're too good in comparison to existing belts.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I agree with the "work=/=job" thing. Games need to be fun. But the items in the game need potential. Right now, they've eliminated the potential from a whole class of items that used to be interesting. Once the newness of these belts wears off, people will be back asking to buff the other belts. That leads deep into power creep, and we're back to needing a whole new round of nerfs to combat it.

These belts need moderation. They're too good in comparison to existing belts.

Well honestly at the rate they are dropping right now I would not expect them to make it into the core game. It feels like they are purposefully saturating the market.

On the other hand none of the belts I got actually had any good rolls so far and I really welcome someone to post their "godliest" stygian here because as of now I doubt they can roll the full mod tiers of normal belts.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
matt29234 wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
I
don't
care

I care about ''fun''

Not your restrictions.

Corrected that for you.

That you just want to be more powerful, we know that. I am not happy with this development.

we had it your way last league, look how that turned out

We also had it in breach league, look how that turned out. As far as I recall, there were no items in breach league that made other item bases completely irrelevant, were there?

Stygian vises make other belts more or less irrelevant (other than HH and other specific uniques of course).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Nobody guves a sh..., HH is still best belt in the game and everyone who can afford it will pick it. Are you mad that finally there is some good belt other than HH, but this time available for everyone, not for 0.001% of players?
"

People like you ruin gaming, like the actual act of playing games.

You know what I have where I do "work" to "earn" the items I use (in my life)? A fucking job.

You know what I want to do when I start PoE? To play a game.

I'm sorry mate, you don't seem to know where ARPGs like PoE put their founding roots.
Good items are to be earned (and by earning an item I mean just playing the game and "unlock" it as you progress), this is one of the very simple rules.

Every single ARPG that didn't follow this simple rule failed miserably in a short amount of time.

Having PoE literally throwing rare, uncorrupted, belts and jewels at me feels wrong.
That's my opinion.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Dec 10, 2017, 10:47:52 AM
The mod pool for them is vast. There's a bunch of new conditional mods... like X if you've been hit recently, or Y if you've killed recently. So getting the mods you want is going to be really hard.

That's not the problem though. The problem is that the implicit "can socket an Abyss Jewel" is far far better than the implicit on any other belt.
Could you tell me any ARPG that had their good items to easy to acces which was main reason why it died? I can't recall any of those myself (no, Diablo 3 doesnt count)
"
Aynix wrote:
Could you tell me any ARPG that had their good items to easy to acces which was main reason why it died? I can't recall any of those myself (no, Diablo 3 doesnt count)

Main reason? Hard to tell.
But I can easily tell you the amount of ARPGs (similiar to PoE) having easy to access items that became and remained popular for a considerable amount of time: 0.
Last edited by FrancescoV on Dec 10, 2017, 10:49:04 AM
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

But I can easily tell you the amount of ARPGs (similiar to PoE) having easy to access items that became and remained popular for a considerable amount of time: 0.

So what you are telling me is that in a niche game market that was first dominated by Blizzard and now by GGG there are no competitors willing to sink resources to compete with heavily established communities/games? Wow, those are some grade A deduction skills.

"
FrancescoV wrote:

I'm sorry mate, you don't seem to know where ARPGs like PoE put their founding roots.
Good items are to be earned (and by earning an item I mean just playing the game and "unlock" it as you progress), this is one of the very simple rules.

Every single ARPG that didn't follow this simple rule failed miserably in a short amount of time.

Having PoE literally throwing rare, uncorrupted, belts and jewels at me feels wrong.
That's my opinion.

Oh I understand completely, when you make ass of yourself by assuming things about people which you can't derive through the interaction you had with them so far its customary to apologize. Apology accepted.

Btw, I have played D1, D3 and games like Darkstone. I know their gearing progression perfectly well. I also know Paths' gearing progression perfectly well. This game is designed to be a full time job if you want the best gear in it. I do not want a full time job, I already have one. Besides that GGG has already presented you with the perfect solution, SSF. If you don't like how unhardcore the game is for you, please play either SSF or HSSF.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Ageless_Emperion on Dec 10, 2017, 11:43:36 AM
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

And how many games with not "easy acces to items" is still here? Let me guess: ZERO. PoE isn;t a game with "hard acces to items" because of how easy is to geat everything due to trade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info