[3.6] Inquisitor (Non-)Crit (MoM) Lightning Tendrils (cheap)

New thread, since you're unable to answer here anymore.
Hi,

With the rework of the skill and since i always liked it despite its relatively short range, i'll play with Lightning Tendrils for my first character in the upcoming Abyss league. Since there's not many threads about this skill i'll share my builds, if that can help someone. A non-crit version scalable w/ crit later*, and the crit one.
*The transition would require ~45 skill refund points, that's 21 more than the quests will give you. I'd recommend going crit directly. Even without crit gear, crit build is better. Though during leveling, you can still conciliate both versions of the build, like using the keystone Elemental Overload, etc.

Version history (3.1-3.6) :
3.6 Note : More damages from Lightning Tendrils o/. And Orb of Storms too. What's not to love? Note this build should be easily suitable for Divine Ire too with only a few adjustments depending on how you'll convert the remaining 50% physical damage (Hrimsorrow, Physical to Lightning Support gem, ...).
Spoiler
No changes in 3.4 & 3.5.
3.3 Note : Nothing major changed (Orb of Storms will deal more damages), still as good and viable as it was in 3.1.

Demo video of the build in a Shaped Vault Map (T14)

Non-crit version (260k+ shaper dps) :
Spoiler

Path of Building link (contains almost everything you want to know)
Passive Skill Tree (lvl 91) : On the official site - PoePlanner link
Ascendancy priorities : Since we're in the non-crit version, we'll get the most damages from Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Penitence. Sanctuary and Pious Path come last.
Bandits : Kill all.

Gems (64 dex, 163 str, 323 int from the tree ; you may require some dex on your gear) :
  • Main skill (6l) : Lightning Tendrils + Controlled Destruction + Lightning Penetration + Arcane Surge + Added Lightning Damage + Concentrated Effect / Efficacy / Increased Area of Effect. BBBBBB. Conc. Effect for bosses. Efficacy or Inc. AoE for the rest basically. With 3.6 we'll use Infused Channelling, waiting PoB updates to modify the main setup.
  • CwDT setup (4l) : Cast when Damage Taken + Summon Lightning Golem + Immortal Call + Molten Shell. RBRR. You've a lot of choices here like Increased Duration, a curse (Enfeeble or Temporal chains), etc. I just like Molten Shell.
  • Auras (no links needed) : Wrath + Herald of Thunder. BB. First i had Curse on Hit + Conductivity on Herald of Thunder. You can do that if you want, but on bosses it's not reliable enough imo. Enlighten would be the third link.
  • Movement skill (3l) : Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify. RGR. Fortify is a great defense (20% reduced damage taken from hits). Shield Charge requires a shield and no wand. Whirling Blades is an alternative (G, dagger / claw or 1h sword). Both will proc the ascendancy node Instruments of Virtue (for the +30% cast speed part). Flame Dash isn't really that good but can be used during leveling.
  • 4l Orb of Storms + Increased Critical Strikes + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark. BBBR. It'll curse the enemies, do some damages and proc our passive keystone Elemental Overload for 40% more damage. If you want more damages, Conductivity (B) will be great instead of Warlord's Mark.

There's some space left for other stuff. You could put Clarity, a Warcry (like Rallying cry), a Decoy totem, Frenzy, Vaal Spark, Vaal Lightning Trap (shock guaranteed, 3 charges), Vaal Haste, etc.

Gear :
As always, priority is to get some life and resistances, and 30% movement speed on the boots. When you'll start mapping 135% all elem resists is mandatory and i'd recommend to have 169% asap so you'll be capped even with an Elemental Weakness curse on you from a map mod or else. For the base type of armors, you'll not have much choices for the body armor with int. requirement due to sockets color (see this calculator). Otherwise i like to have a small amount of both evasion and armor. To mitigate small hits and potentially some bigger ones.
Since the non-crit version isn't the best version of the build i'll not say what is BiS as it'd not be interesting and you'd be advise to switch to the crit version. Plus, as i play mostly with cheap gear, i'd not be the best person to tell you what would be BiS.

Still, for the weapon you're mostly looking for : inc. Spell / Elemental / Lightning damage, cast speed, added lightning damage to spells. Mana regen / mana ideally too.

For the flasks : 1 or 2 life flasks, a quicksilver, a stibnite (great defense flask especially for a channeled skill) and an Atziri's Promise for a little dps boost. If you put only 1 life flask and you're comfortable with it you can add either a silver flask for another dps boost or a basalt flask for a defensive one.
NB : You want at least one immunity to curses / freezes / bleeding. I generally put anti freezes on an utility flask that lasts, and i tend to do the same now for bleeding. Anti-curses can be on a life flask. If you've the place, put adrenaline mod on your quicksilver but it may not be necessary to even have a quicksilver in the first place if you're using Whirling Blades / Shield Charge as movement skill.

Crit version (470k+ shaper dps) :
Spoiler

Passive Skill Tree (lvl 93) : On the official site - PoePlanner link
Ascendancy priorities : Depending on where you're in your stuff and crit nodes, it can change. Going Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgment first isn't the evident choice. I'd say Instruments of Virtue first, then Augury of Penitence as it'll be the best dps increases in any situation. Then Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgment.
Bandits : Kill all.

Gems (44 dex, 153 str, 333 int from the tree ; you may require some dex on your gear) :
  • Main skill (6l) : Lightning Tendrils + Controlled Destruction + Arcane Surge + Increased Critical Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Concentrated Effect / Added Lightning Damage / Increased Area of Effect. BBBBBB. Conc. Effect for bosses. Added Lightning Damage or Inc. AoE for the rest basically. With 3.6 we'll use Infused Channelling, waiting PoB updates to modify the main setup.
  • CwDT setup (4l) : Cast when Damage Taken + Summon Lightning Golem + Immortal Call + Molten Shell. RBRR. You've a lot of choices here like Increased Duration, a curse (Enfeeble or Temporal chains), etc. I just like Molten Shell
  • Auras (no links needed) : Wrath + Herald of Thunder. BB. Great damage increase.
  • Movement skill (3l) : Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify. RGR. Fortify is a great defense (20% reduced damage taken from hits). Shield Charge requires a shield and no wand. Whirling Blades is an alternative (G, dagger / claw or 1h sword). Both will proc the ascendancy node Instruments of Virtue (for the +30% cast speed part). Flame Dash isn't really that good but can be used during leveling.
  • 4l Orb of Storms + Power Charge on Critical + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark. BBBR. It'll curse the enemies to let us leech / get endurance charges on kill, generate our power charges and do some damages. Since we're Inquisitor, Conductivity is a waste and i find Warlord's Mark to suit us nicely here.

There's some space left for other stuff. You could put Clarity, a Warcry (like Rallying cry), a Decoy totem, Frenzy, Vaal Spark, Vaal Lightning Trap (shock guaranteed, 3 charges), Vaal Haste, etc.

Gear :
As always, priority is to get some life and resistances, and 30% movement speed on the boots. When you'll start mapping 135% all elem resists is mandatory and i'd recommend to have 169% asap so you'll be capped even with an Elemental Weakness curse on you from a map mod or else. For the base type of armors, you'll not have much choices for the body armor with int. requirement due to sockets color (see this calculator). Otherwise i like to have a small amount of both evasion and armor. To mitigate small hits and potentially some bigger ones.
As i play mostly with cheap gear, i'm not the best person to tell you what would be BiS. But i'll try to outline what i see as ideal :
  • Weapon : inc. crit chance for spells, inc. global crit multiplier, inc. Spell / Elemental / Lightning damage, cast speed, added lightning damage to spells.
  • Jewellery : Opal / Diamond Rings as base. Probably some mana regen (we may be in troubles on curse immune bosses otherwise, except with Clarity), you can get some cast speed / lightning damage but your priority is life and resistances before anything else as stated above. On the amulet, spell damage is a potential preffix and you've access to crit chance / multiplier suffixes.
  • Armors : Not much that hasn't been tell already. Fingerless Silk Gloves can give you some spell damage as implicit but that's an ES item only.
  • Flasks : 1 or 2 life flasks, a diamond flask (huge dps boost), a stibnite (great defense flask especially for a channeled skill) and an Atziri's Promise for a little dps boost. If you put only 1 life flask and you're comfortable with it (or by removing the Atziri's Promise) you can add either a quicksilver, a silver flask for another dps boost or a basalt flask for a defensive one.
    NB : You want at least one immunity to curses / freezes / bleeding. I generally put anti freezes on an utility flask that lasts, and i tend to do the same now for bleeding. Anti-curses can be on a life flask. If you've the place, put adrenaline mod on your quicksilver but it may not be necessary to even have a quicksilver in the first place if you're using Whirling Blades / Shield Charge as movement skill. Surgeon's prefix is extremely good as it gives us "20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike". You can +/- constantly use your flasks with only one.

When and where to get the gems (with some additional info) :
Spoiler
Please note i'll list all the gems i've named at least once in crit or non-crit build, excluding Vaal skills. I'll put a "!" at the start of each most important gems.
Active skill gems :
  • ! Lightning Tendrils (B lvl 1) : After killing Hillock. Take 2 of them to level. That way you'll have a 20% quality to level while using the second gem level 20. That's something you can do for a lot of gems. But i'll only mention this for our main skill as it's the most important.
  • Decoy Totem (R lvl 4) : Quest Breaking Some Eggs (Act 1).
  • Molten Shell (R lvl 4) : Quest Breaking Some Eggs (Act 1). Can be used in our Cast when Damage Taken (CwDT) setup.
  • ! Orb of Storms (B lvl 4) : Quest Breaking Some Eggs (Act 1). Note : If some gems are from the same quest, you can buy the others to the npc selling gems in the act, here Nessa in her tab 2.
  • Clarity (B lvl 10) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1).
  • Flame Dash (B lvl 10) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1). Movement skill is your own choice. This one can be used with wands.
  • ! Shield Charge (R lvl 10) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1). This one requires a shield and in our case dagger or sceptre (only weapons others than wands that can roll spell affixes). You can get Fortify buff (20% reduced damage taken from hits) with it.
  • Whirling Blades (G lvl 10) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1). This one requires in our case a dagger. You can get Fortify buff with it.
  • Frenzy (G lvl 16) : Quest The Root of the Problem (Act 2). Don't feel forced to play with it. Skip if you don't like, and it's mainly useful on bosses.
  • ! Herald of Thunder (B lvl 16) : Quest The Root of the Problem (Act 2).
  • Conductivity (B lvl 24) : Quest Lost in Love (Act 3). Non-crit / leveling. Penetration is useless on the crit build due to Inevitable Judgment ascendancy node.
  • Warlord's Mark (R lvl 24) : Quest Lost in Love (Act 3). Crit / leveling. Great life / mana leech. I quickly used it over Conductivity, especially with these Abyssal monsters.
  • ! Wrath (B lvl 24) : Quest Lost in Love (Act 3).
  • ! Immortal Call (R lvl 34) : Quest Breaking the Seal (Act 4). Important in our CwDT setup.
  • ! Summon Lightning Golem (B lvl 34) : Quest Breaking the Seal (Act 4). Useful, and in our CwDT setup. Can be self-casted too.

Support skill gems :
  • ! Arcane Surge (B lvl 1) : Quest Mercy Mission (Act 1).
  • ! Added Lightning Damage (B lvl 8) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1).
  • ! Increased Critical Strikes (B lvl 8) : Quest The Caged Brute (Act 1). Used in non-crit build too for the Orb of Storms to proc more easily Elemental Overload keystone.
  • ! Concentrated Effect (B lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2). Useful on bosses as a switch gem. Not mandatory if you don't want to switch and consider having an already decent single target dps.
  • ! Controlled Destruction (B lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2).
  • Increased Critical Damage (B lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2). Used in crit build only and most of the time not worth during leveling.
  • Power Charge On Critical (B lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2). Used in crit build only, on the Orb of Storms.
  • ! Faster Attacks (G lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2). You may want between 0 and 2. Used on Frenzy, and mainly on Shield Charge or Whirling Blades.
  • Faster Casting (B lvl 18) : Quest Sharp and Cruel (Act 2). If you're using Flame Dash, you'll want one.
  • Lightning Penetration (B lvl 31) : Quest A Fixture of Fate (Act 3). Non-crit / leveling.
  • ! Fortify (R lvl 31) : Quest A Fixture of Fate (Act 3). Mandatory if you're using Shield Charge or Whirling Blades as your movement skill. It's just too good to pass by.
  • Increased Duration (R lvl 31) : Quest A Fixture of Fate (Act 3). Can be used in the CwDT if you've the place by either not using Molten Shell or self-casting the golem.
  • Efficacy (B lvl 31) : Quest A Fixture of Fate (Act 3). A middleground between Concentrated Effect and Increased Area of Effect. On the crit build, Added Lightning Damage is slightly better however.
  • ! Curse On Hit (B lvl 38) : Quest The Eternal Nightmare (Act 4), when Dialla activates the device. Used to automatically curse enemies with our Orb of Storms (OoS). Can also be used with Herald of Thunder but it has the issue to not work on bosses. I find using it with OoS is the most reliable setup.
  • Increased Area of Effect (B lvl 38) : Quest The Eternal Nightmare (Act 4), when Dialla activates the device. The opposite of Concentrated Effect, though by having the 2 AoE clusters the range gained isn't that great.
  • ! Cast when Damage Taken (R lvl 38) : Quest The Eternal Nightmare (Act 4), when Dialla activates the device. A great defensive trigger gem. Level of this gem and supported ones is your choice. I think supprting up to lvl 64 gems is a nice middleground when you're using Molten Shell in the setup. After this point, the damage threshold starts to get too high vs our life pool imo.

Some quest indications may be wrong as i don't remember if the wiki is up-to-date. I've ignored the class indications as i believe an update made the gems available no matter what is your class. If you can't get a gem from this list after completing the indicated quest, please tell me and i'll update the list.

For both versions, if you're comfortable enough with your mana and mana regen, you may want to take Mind over Matter. I guess i'd be comfortable with a mana regen equals to the cost of 4 channelled Lightning Tendrils regenerated in a quarter-second / third of a second. And at least 400/500 mana unreserved. Which we aren't too far from with the Crit version test stuff i put (in PoB) but there's already a lot of mana & mana regen there.

Crit MoM build (only contains the changes from the crit version above, be sure to check it)
Spoiler

Path of Building link
Only change is mostly the 4 MoM nodes taken. For a lvl 89 one you can cut Deep Thoughts and Lightning Walker for instance.

Gear-wise, we'll use Essence Worm ring with Wrath in it and Praxis ring with "-8 to mana cost of skills".

Alternative to Praxis (for anything except challenging content imo : T16+, ...) :

Gems setup
Here's what we'll change :
  • Lightning Tendrils setup : Switch Arcane Surge for Added Lightning Damage.
  • Orb of Storms : Switch Curse on Hit and Warlord's Mark for Arcane Surge (lvl 5/6) and Increase Critical Strikes.
  • Auras : Warlord's Mark + Blasphemy. Wrath in the Essence Worm ring and we're not using Herald of Thunder anymore.

You can see my 3.1 character over there, HaresTentrils (misspelled at the creation, gg).

Some cheap usable uniques (feel free to mention new ones) :
Spoiler

Available during your leveling / lower tier / worth mentioning :

My feedback :
Spoiler
At first the range felt a little small but we get used to it. It goes well with the radius of Singularity aura that hinder enemies (25m).
I saw some fears in the comments about survivability. I'd say i'm relatively good on that point atm. When i started mapping i had quite low hp vs what i had on my previous characters. I'm still relatively low because of some trash items i've still equipped. Hopefully i'll loot some better ones.
Playstyle-wise, i shield charge in the packs, put an orb of storms, use my 3 flasks : Diamond (curse immune), Quicksilver (bleeding immune) and Stibnite (freeze immune) and i kill everything with Lightning Tendrils.
I didn't take Inevitable Judgement yet as i don't have a 6l and Lightning Penetration seems better atm.
I still think MoM would really be great in there to really be safe. But for this i'd still need some more mana regen imo. I only have some on a ring. With a cast of Lightning Tendrils costing 19 mana, something like 230 mana regen would be nice (enough mana to cast 4 LT, regenerated in a third of a second).

Something we might want too is a way to get Arcane Surge elsewhere, even if it's not lvl 20, it'll be a nice dps boost to put Added Lightning Damage instead in our main setup. Orb of Storms would be a good candidate but it'd require a 5l. Or using something else for the curse but the Herald for instance is far less reliable.
Edit : I forgot about Blasphemy... We could use this instead of the Herald of Thunder but that's 10% additional mana reserved, which is a big issue with MoM. So i don't think it can go in the cheap version of the build as Enlighten would be required.
----------------------
Here comes Essence Worm, problem solved. See the Crit MoM PoB link.
----------------------
Lvl 91 atm with the Crit MoM build. Not yet to the Shaper's guardians, i've looted up to t14 for now and it goes quite well. Killed 2 Elder guardians, trying to get the maps for the 2 others on my Atlas.
Overall the build is Shaper ready imo. Both decent dps and survivability. I don't think there's any problematic content the build can't do, except reflect elemental damages as a map mod ofc :p.
I wish i was able to play the game in good enough conditions performance-wise which is not the case at all atm. I'll still try to record a video at some point when i'll have some shaper's guardians maps.
----------------------
Lvl 92 for a while now, i didn't play much. I finally decide to do a video. Not on the map i wanted because i didn't play much recently and i don't have much luck. I killed the Elder in red (T12, area lvl 79) & yellow map tier. I got a Phoenix map but i underestimated the boss with a +3x% more damage. I got relatively well destroyed. Other than that, the build works well until you meet a reflect elemental damages on an unidentified map like i did earlier o/. It was on Belfry (uncompleted one). So after i noticed it by instantly killing myself on a pack, i took a Lightning Tendrils lvl 1, removed some support gems and did it. A little painful (boss is Kitava...).
Anyway, i really like the build so i'll try to push before rerolling. I hope the SSD i just got will help a little to have better conditions to play PoE (need to do all the reinstall on it before i can test that).
----------------------
Just leveled up 93, probably my last level. I'll focus on the challenges now (for the 36) and trying to loot all the maps i'm missing (only red ones ofc). Got another Forge of the Phoenix. After 1 stupid death at the start i went in patience mode and dodged everything to kill him smoothly.
I think this is my best build so far. But you need to play well for the latest encounters that shaper/elder guardians (in red tier) and Shaper/Elder themselves are, as well as Uber Atziri i guess (never had the 4 fragments to try it, i very rarely buy any map).

That's all, feel free to ask any question, post any remark.

Please note i'm nowhere near a master theorycrafter. I often followed builds, changed them in some ways and did a few builds since 2.5 (only 2 i published here, now 3 with this one).

Changelog :
Spoiler
  • 2019-03-07 1h24 GMT : Intensify isn't for channeling skills, Infused Channeling is good and will be in our main setup, not sure yet in place of which gem, probably Controlled Destruction.
  • 2019-03-06 17h51 GMT : More damages in 3.6 (not yet reflected in dps), maybe we'll use new support gems too for Lightning Tendrils (Intensify / Infused Channelling). Updated all build links (PoB & skill tree) to work for 3.6.
  • 2018-12-05 01h51 GMT : No changes in 3.5. Edited title and added a little note. Added "3.1.0" in official site passive skill tree links to avoid any broken link.
  • 2018-08-29 12h50 GMT : No changes in 3.4. Edited title and added a little note.
  • 2018-05-31 02h40 GMT : No major changes in 3.3. Edited title and added a little note.
  • 2018-03-08 13h35 GMT : Added Axiom Perpetuum mentioned by @MoxieB, and Lifesprig in the cheap/leveling unique items.
  • 2018-03-01 23h50 GMT : No changes in 3.2. Edited title and added a little note.
  • 2018-01-17 16h20 GMT : Added the ring Call of the Brotherhood as an alternative ring to Praxis for MoM, and in the cheap uniques section.
  • 2018-01-03 16h55 GMT : Vaal Lightning Trap = +15% damages taken not 20 é_è. Updated "My feedback" section.
  • 2018-01-01 02h20 GMT : Added a video in a T14 map and updated my feedback section (lvl 92). Vaal Lightning Trap = +20% damages taken only, fixed the wrong dps indications.
  • 2017-12-22 16h55 GMT : Updated my feedback section (lvl 91).
  • 2017-12-16 18h20 GMT : Added Essence Worm ring mentioned by @Ollister. Added a Crit MoM PoB link that i feel like being what i'll tend to soon. Updated my feedback section accordinly.
  • 2017-12-15 16h15 GMT : Added Inpulsa's Broken Heart and Mind of the Council (huge potential with MoM) as mentioned in the comments. Also added @Vulpix0r's build in the links.
  • 2017-12-14 15h35 GMT : Added Praxis unique ring (some potential with MoM).
  • 2017-12-14 14h30 GMT : Switched Shield Charge to be the main recommended movement skill and removed Frenzy as it's clunky with anything else than wands. Updated the PoB links to reflect that (we lose some dps but that's the price to pay to get more mobility and the fortify buff). Added a "my feedback" section. Made a few minor changes here and there (crit ascendancy priorities, bandits)
  • 2017-12-11 20h27 GMT : Added Cybil's Paw unique (mostly for leveling if you've a shield), mentioned by @CountVirgil.
  • 2017-12-11 16h20 GMT : Added a "When and where to get the gems" section, a "cheap usable uniques" section, and changed the Efficacy gem (crit build) to Added Lightning Damage. Also removed the "there's a 4l left" as it may not be the case until using Frenzy without support gems.
  • 2017-12-09 20h26 GMT : Added an useful link to always attack in place. Also added Vaal Spark as a potential skill to use in the free 4l we have.
  • 2017-12-09 14h52 GMT : Path of Building link for the Crit version is now the correct one, thanks to @DelightfulD. Also removed the sentence regarding Lightning Tendrils numbers that might be off since PoB has been updated.
  • 2017-12-09 03h40 GMT : Added a link of my character and changed a little the intro.
  • 2017-12-08 12h40 GMT : Added a paragraph on MoM possibility, and additional links section.

Removed Text :
Spoiler
  • 2019-03-06 17h51 GMT :
    Non-crit version (220k shaper dps, 250k w/ Vaal Lightning Trap) :
    [spoiler]
    Previous Path of Building link (280k shaper dps wands dual wielding)
    Passive Skill Tree (lvl 88) : On the official site - PoePlanner link
    Ascendancy priorities : [...] Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgment come last.

Crit version (400k shaper dps, 460k w/ Vaal Lightning Trap) :
    [spoiler]
    Previous Path of Building link (500k shaper dps wands dual wielding)
    Passive Skill Tree (lvl 89) : On the official site - PoePlanner link

Crit MoM build (only contains the changes from the crit version, substantial dps gained)
    [spoiler]
    Path of Building link

(links section, not useful anymore since latest QoL) How to always attack in place easily (especially useful for Flame Dash but not only)
  • 2017-12-14 13h00 GMT : Bandits : Either Kill all or Kraityn i'd say.
    Ascendancy priorities : Since we're in the crit version, we'll get the most damages from Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgment. Instruments of Virtue will be third and Augury of Penitence comes last.
    Movement skill + utility (2/3l) : Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Vaal Haste. Flame Dash isn't really that good. Ideally you'll want Shield Charge (R, shield required and no wand) or Whirling Blades (G, dagger / claw or 1h sword). Both would proc the ascendancy node Instruments of Virtue (for +30% cast speed and +30% spell damage). I don't know how reliable Flame Dash would be for the Shaper. Daggers / Shields are missing some nice (tiers of) affixes. Vaal Haste isn't required but is a nice burst.
    (Gems section, both builds) Frenzy charges generator (no link to 3l) : Frenzy + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike. GGG. That's new to me, but this skill gives you a frenzy charge on hit and doesn't require any specific weapon (i never knew this). That's +12% cast speed and +12% more damage almost free. And if you're using Flame Dash it'll proc the ascendancy node Instruments of Virtue (for +30% cast speed and +30% spell damage). 3l isn't required at all and Frenzy can be kept lvl 1.
  • 2017-12-11 16h20 GMT : There's a 4l left for other stuff. I generally don't have any place left. For a melee build the classic 4l would be an Ancestral Warchief to put somewhere. I didn't play caster for a while now. I'll edit the build if i find some nice stuff to add there.
  • 2017-12-09 14h52 GMT : We still don't know the new Lightning Tendrils gem so Path of Building numbers can be off (not too much according to the patch note). I didn't put Spell Echo in there for obvious reason.

Additional links :
Last edited by Harest on Mar 6, 2019, 8:25:14 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2018, 5:53:00 PM
I am concerned about defense. What mitigation are you using?
- Stibnite flask (blind is really nice)
- Decent HP pool (5k5+), we don't have much regen going with it though.
- Some armor & evasion
- Classic CwDT setup w/ Immortal Call and Molten Shell
- Leech : Several possible sources here. We have the Atziri's Promise flask, we can have some lightning damage leech with Catarina, and there's also the Warlord's Mark curse in crit version.
- Fortify : If you go with shield charge / whirling blade as movement skill you can put fortify on it, very great defense.
- As mentioned, you can also put a Basalt flask if you can handle less than 2 life flasks (which are also defense).
- Enduring cry could allow you to get some extra phys mitigation (don't forget we've a 4l available and 1/2 potential extra slots)
- And of course the best defense is offense :p. But you could take a Stone Golem instead of the Lightning one for instance, +100 hp/s regen. Decoy totem is an option too, 10% less damage to enemies, just like that. You could equip a Doedre's Damning ring for an additional curse like Enfeeble or Temporal Chains. Really plenty options.

I forgot to mention MoM in there. I added it recently in the OP as a potential way to get even more defense. And either by dual wielding or having a shield, you'll have some block too.

Of course it's still an "on paper" build. I'll let you know how it goes but i don't have much fears for this build.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 8, 2017, 3:08:51 PM
I might be missing something, but your Path of Building link for the crit version seems to contain the non-crit version.
Damn, thanks. I generated this one 2 times, but i didn't double checked. Now it's the good one.
ok. interesting build..i will give a shot:) thanks!
Hey,

I'm using your crit build with some variations (using shield so did not take the upper crit dual welding for example) and it is working fine on my side, so thank you.

I had a dip in leveling around act 6 (especially with the abyss packs) as I did not setup any defense gems and now with the curse on hit/warlord et the usual CWDT it is great.

I'm also using the decoy totem. He's great for packing the mobs during the channeling.
@Exureris : For the "the upper crit dual welding" you meant the cast speed nodes ? They're only taken for the non-crit one. There's no crit for dual wielding only.

Yeah abyss packs hit pretty hard. Warlord's Mark is more than welcome and is probably the easiest leech to get at the beginning. I got an abyss jewel that helps too with +37% increased damage against abyssal monsters.

Just took the decoy totem too for the act 10, i had a red socket with immortal call unused (still have too many trash items not worth using more currencies on that i already did).
Last edited by Harest on Dec 9, 2017, 8:13:56 PM
I'm running tendrils in a cwc setup. Haven't landed on a definite setup, going between arc, shock nova and even at times storm call. However what I wanted to add is just how awesome Spell Barrier Support has been leveling up. Tendrils still mows down mobs like a bushhog on a golf course and since it's easy to generate power charges with it you're not giving up offense for defense, rather a little of both.
@ChadBishop : I never was a fan of this type of support gems, mainly because you generally need your 5 support gems to give you more damage to reach something that has the potential to clean the end-game, especially with "cheap" gear. Sure CwC can be fun to play with. For Spell Barrier, since i was (and i'm still) using Elemental Overload, it wasn't really useful. But i'm sure it can have its place as long as we're okay with our damages.
It's only a matter of personal preferences for these.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info