[3.6] Inquisitor (Non-)Crit (MoM) Lightning Tendrils (cheap)

@Vulpix0r : Yeah i always play solo because of that (except at the very start of a league sometimes, just for the first levels). I may need to upgrade my config but there's a lot of stuff i don't like there, like this. Anyway, not the subject.

Inpulsa's Broken Heart seems indeed interesting. Even if cf. the wiki i believe you can't go above 50% of increased damage with shock. And if it can shock bosses, probably not past T10 though i don't know their maximum life to know until when it would be possible.

Regarding Mind of the Council, i don't have much opinion on it. It'd need to be tested. At least you can quite fastly get your mana pool back, why not. Dunno how the chance to be shocked works, if it's on every hit you take or not. That may be something to synergize with others uniques. Wiki is broken atm so hard to see that stuff.

@MooKitty : For the lack of defense feel, i can understand that. It's been a long time i didn't play a caster. And we're a close range one so... The build will probably improves with time on this defense point. I wish i could play to be able to do that. I may try to have a potato rendering and see how it goes. Last time it seems "texture_quality" changes didn't do anything.
Anyway, about Sanctify, Consecrated Ground is a powerful effect but i'm not sure it's worth as an ascendancy node. Dunno how the glove enchant is reliable for it. Augury of Penitence as well as giving us a nice boost of damages (16% more), gives 8% less elemental damage.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 11, 2017, 10:06:10 PM
"
Mookitty wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Awww, that's a shame. Was hoping to have someone else walk the path of Tendrils to maps with me. :( I just hit T3 maps yesterday and I've been surviving quite well as a crit build. And for my crit build, I went Sanctify as my Merc ascendancy. It made surviving boss fights much better even though I am a crit build, as well as trials! I'm using shield charge with a scepter/shield combo so it's nice.

Instruments of Virtue is my planned uber ascendancy. Hopefully I survive long enough to play uber.

I've been doing the LT thing and I really agree with that ascendancy choice. This build is good but I feel it lacks defense. I'm wondering whether I could possibly incorporate MoM at some point. When you're fighting abyss stuff and lag hits or just fighting in higher tier maps I'd rather have that extra bit of breathing room from Sanctity and/or MoM

What I really like about Sanctify is the ability to drop a Sulphur flask and use a Stibnite instead. Right now I'm still testing it out, it just feels safer to constantly have that healing field around the arena.
"
Harest wrote:
@Vulpix0r : Yeah i always play solo because of that (except at the very start of a league sometimes, just for the first levels). I may need to upgrade my config but there's a lot of stuff i don't like there, like this. Anyway, not the subject.

Inpulsa's Broken Heart seems indeed interesting. Even if cf. the wiki i believe you can't go above 50% of increased damage with shock. And if it can shock bosses, probably not past T10 though i don't know their maximum life to know until when it would be possible.

Regarding Mind of the Council, i don't have much opinion on it. It'd need to be tested. At least you can quite fastly get your mana pool back, why not. Dunno how the chance to be shocked works, if it's on every hit you take or not. That may be something to synergize with others uniques. Wiki is broken atm so hard to see that stuff.

@MooKitty : For the lack of defense feel, i can understand that. It's been a long time i didn't play a caster. And we're a close range one so... The build will probably improves with time on this defense point. I wish i could play to be able to do that. I may try to have a potato rendering and see how it goes. Last time it seems "texture_quality" changes didn't do anything.
Anyway, about Sanctify, Consecrated Ground is a powerful effect but i'm not sure it's worth as an ascendancy node. Dunno how the glove enchant is reliable for it. Augury of Penitence as well as giving us a nice boost of damages (16% more), gives 8% less elemental damage.

Inpulsa's negates the effect of shock. You still get shocked but you don't have to worry about getting wrecked.

Now that I think about it, that's some pretty good synergy.
@Vulpix0r : Indeed, they go well together. Inpulsa's Broken Heart good rolls don't seem cheap however ^^. Seems like the rolls can vary like that :
"
20-50% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
25-40% increased Effect of Shock
Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 6-10% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock
Last edited by Harest on Dec 12, 2017, 12:30:33 AM
"
Harest wrote:
@Vulpix0r : Indeed, they go well together. Inpulsa's Broken Heart good rolls don't seem cheap however ^^. Seemes like the rolls can vary like that :
"
20-50% increased Damage if you have Shocked an Enemy Recently
25-40% increased Effect of Shock
Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing 6-10% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock

Yeah, it's going to be tricky to get good rolls. My plan so far is to just get a decent piece for a low price, then get a good rolled one to try and 6L. Bought mine for 2c. The only rolls that seem to matter is the increased damage and the life roll.

Oh and to follow up on the Singularity comparison with rare weapons, when I used PoB, it's really hard to produce a cheap rare sceptre that will beat the 1c weapon.

I feel that if we need to stack crit, the best way is to get it from our shield instead of weapon.

One more tip for anyone new who wants a pseudo 5L for 1c, buy a

And put your Tendrils in there. I guarantee you that it will last you even through early maps.
Currently doing this as my starter in Abyss, working well so far, though defenses are a bit hit and miss. What helped a lot was getting leech, made a world of difference. I decided to use Essence worm with wrath and blapshemy+WM instead of heralds. I'm also using CWC+Shock nova which I'm liking a lot.

Current gear:
Last edited by Ollister on Dec 15, 2017, 11:11:50 PM
@Ollister : That's my issue with uniques, i don't know them enough. Essence worm is a great unique here and doesn't cost that much. Already heard its name but forgot it. With it we can liberate the curse on hit setup from Orb of Storms like you did for a Blasphemy one, and put Arcane Surge in it, just not fully leveled up. It already gives us 10% cast speed / more spell damage at lvl 1. We can probably up it to lvl 6/7, to reach the mana cost of the Orb.
That way we put Added Lightning Damage in the Lithning Tendrils setup instead of Arcana Surge and that's 20 to 40k additional shaper dps.

My main issue left with it is Mind of the Council is probably not reliable at all for bosses. So we still need a good regen.
Edit : I did a build that seems okay with MoM but no Mind of the Council as i don't feel it'll be good when it needs to be, on bosses. I'll edit the OP, but here's the PoB link. Note that it's a lvl 93 tree (4 MoM nodes), to get it before i think cutting Deep Thoughts and Lightning Walker is the way to go.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 16, 2017, 1:17:47 PM

Hi, is it possible to use this ring w/ "life gained on hit by spell" to replace one of the ring instead?

I'm having trouble to sustain through non-instant leeching whenever I took a savage hit from bosses.
I don't like quoting initially but since you can't get notifications otherwise i'll now do this. I'm sure some players didn't see i responded earlier :/.
"
Aseki2013 wrote:
(see above)

You'll not get much with this ring at all. 100 hp/s at best +/-, that's just not enough.
I don't know which build you're following atm ? We mostly use Warlord's Mark as a curse to get a decent leech both mana and life.
I recommend the MoM variant when you can. The only required ring is Essence Worm (costs 3c) to keep Wrath up and Warlord's Mark put with Blasphemy.

The only boss that caused me issues so far was the Guardian of the Phoenix cf. my feedback section because i almost never fought against him (same for the others guardians) and when i did it was with the previous Vaal Pact on a Berserker... Facetank here isn't an option, you've to properly dodge. It went well the second time.
Last edited by Harest on Jan 17, 2018, 11:24:46 AM
Well for reason I cannot tank while sustain w/ warlord's mark.
The leeching effect from Warlord's mark was quite slow for me even though I got 10k Lighting Tendril (in total) while 2.7k Lighting Tendril per hit.
From warlord's mark, I gained 54 life point from leeching, and I think I'm suppose to be able to out-tank compare to this ring

I also have MoM variant into the build as well, and I don't why my leeching (warlord's mark) is not helping me sustaining the damage.

Is it because I don't have enough physical mitigation? I do have at least 60% physical mitigation from flask...
Is it because I don't have a dodge-type variant? I had a dodge build w/ mana variant, and it somehow works better...
Is it because my damage is not high enough for leech to sustain? Probably my damage is not high enough...
Is it because leeching is not instant and it takes time for it to recover my life-point? Probably leeching is not instant compared to the ring that I used...

I tried the the essence worm ring, it's truly great (46% damage goes into mana before life!), but my hit-point fall off too fast than mana...

Anyway...I've to test out a bit more, and probably my build is not perfect yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info