3.1 Theorycraft tendrils 2.5m shaper damage totem inquisitor!

The skill range what needs to be fixed, the damage is awesome according to pob even tho its untested
https://pastebin.com/k5rcj5wf

PS: critics and thoughts are welcome
Last edited by kamdion on Nov 28, 2017, 7:19:06 AM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2018, 5:31:18 AM
Hi,

Nice build there, i mentioned it in mine (cheap selft-cast lightning tendrils).

I just wanted to thank you. Mainly because with your build i saw Frenzy skill despite having "bow" as a keyword isn't locked to any specific weapon, and 3 frenzy charges isn't "little" damages as i'd have imagine.
And also because i was going for Elementalist but i reconsidered it seeing your build.

Otherwise, i see you'll self cast your curse, i never liked doing so but that's a personal choice ^^. I also never really liked playing totems so... Maybe with them it's not too much of an issue. Any reason it's Conductivity ? On the crit version of Lightning Tendrils i switched it to Warlord's Mark. Not applicable in a totem build but maybe an Enfeeble would have more utility there ?
One thing i'd note is Arcane Surge being on Lightning Warp and Conductivity. Do you intend to "spam" them to keep the buff ? Since it lasts only 4 seconds and is a major buff.
PoB says "invalid protocol".
@harvest: I picked conductivity for a lot of shock on bosses.
@FadeXF: I chose 2 wands bcz of higher damage ( 150k damage on pob is actually 450k damage bcz of 3 totems ) also daggers with frenzy (to generate frenzy mean you need to melee hit) while with wands you just range attack and gain frenzy charges. However its a matter of taste you can lose bunch of dmg for some life and move skill
"
FadeXF wrote:
Hey guys

I have picked up this build and some of the alterations I've made to the gem lay out:

3L RRG CWDT(Lvl5) + Summon Ice Golem(Lvl5) + Imm Call(Lvl?)
3L BBB Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Enlighten
5/6L BBBBBB Light Tend + Conc Eff + Inc Crit Str + Add Light + Inc Crit Dam + Cont Dest
4L BBBG Light Warp + Fast Cast + Less Duration + Swift Afflication(Lvl1)
4L BBBR Orb Of Storms + Inc Dur + Power Charge on Crit + Arcane Surge(Lvl1)
4L BBRG Power Siphon + Chain(Lvl1) + Curse on Hit + Conduct

I thought about Frenzy vs Power Siphon and I opted for Culling strike. Power Siphon + Chain works a ton better than GMP in this example (tested).

To be honest I haven't played totems in a LONG TIME and I'm dying a lot... I think I play far too aggressively. I am going to keep playing the build though and try to find a better way to use it.

So far I'm level 72 Inquis:

GEAR:
Spoiler

TREE:

I have a 6Soc Soul Mantle I'm working on 5 or 6Linking too - and I've beaten the main story on a 4 link Soul Mantle and I'm in T3 mapping.

Comments about the gem lay out I've chosen?

I considered 2x Divinarus so that I could do Whirling Blades + Attack Speed + Fortify... but it drops roughly 150k DPS (vs the wands set up in the POB - which don't seem too unreasonable).
. That definitly could work! Good to know you are enjoying it!
"
FadeXF wrote:
Hey guys

I have picked up this build and some of the alterations I've made to the gem lay out:

3L RRG CWDT(Lvl5) + Summon Ice Golem(Lvl5) + Imm Call(Lvl?)
3L BBB Wrath + Herald of Thunder + Enlighten
5/6L BBBBBB Light Tend + Conc Eff + Inc Crit Str + Add Light + Inc Crit Dam + Cont Dest
4L BBBG Light Warp + Fast Cast + Less Duration + Swift Afflication(Lvl1)
4L BBBR Orb Of Storms + Inc Dur + Power Charge on Crit + Arcane Surge(Lvl1)
4L BBRG Power Siphon + Chain(Lvl1) + Curse on Hit + Conduct

I thought about Frenzy vs Power Siphon and I opted for Culling strike. Power Siphon + Chain works a ton better than GMP in this example (tested).

To be honest I haven't played totems in a LONG TIME and I'm dying a lot... I think I play far too aggressively. I am going to keep playing the build though and try to find a better way to use it.

So far I'm level 72 Inquis:

GEAR:
Spoiler

TREE:

I have a 6Soc Soul Mantle I'm working on 5 or 6Linking too - and I've beaten the main story on a 4 link Soul Mantle and I'm in T3 mapping.

Comments about the gem lay out I've chosen?

I considered 2x Divinarus so that I could do Whirling Blades + Attack Speed + Fortify... but it drops roughly 150k DPS (vs the wands set up in the POB - which don't seem too unreasonable).

I answered your question about daggers above but doing things on phone is painful xd
Currently level 83 with this build in ssf, dps is quite decent even without a Soul Mantle, with power, frenzy, surge and a flask i'm just around 100k totem damage, still quite squishy but that's as expected lol.

4L CWDT + Ice Golem + Imm Call + molten shell (more useful then duration support)
3s Wrath + Clarity (could use herald of thunder instead of clarity, but low mana without clarity).
5L Light Tend + Conc Eff + Inc Crit Str + Cont Dest + Spell totem
4L Light Warp + random skills for leveling, don't use lightning warp much.
4L Orb of storms + Inc Dur + Power Charge on Crit + Arcane Surge
2L Conductivity + Surge - Frenzy

4300 life, 600 energy shield, and 800 unreserved mana.

Any ideas on how to further improve my build ?

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqC2EMUg5IEMwRLRGWFr8dgx8CJpUqCyoTLJwtHzBbMtE2xTpYOuE8LUGWRUdFnUlPSVFMs06uU1JVS1XGWOVaK13yXl1fKmHiZlRmnmjyakNwUnIPeyB8g3_GgpuDX4PMg9uD84UyhXuJ04uMjDaP-pJulG-VIJUuly2aO5rgn9-iAKKjo_KnlKi5rJeuEq6zr2yxNrc-uZO8VryqvOrAZsCawfPDCcau0PXR_dJ82L3Z_OFz6-Tr7uv17DjvfPAf8NXyHfJF-JP53f4K_oc=?accountName=Vlammenzee2190&characterName=VIammenzee
Last edited by Vlammenzee2190 on Jan 4, 2018, 3:14:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info