Path of Nerfs

"
TechnoMulen wrote:
RIP righteous fire...
:(

Why? A lot of RF builds don't even use Rise of the Phoenix.

Losing the 3% max is irrelevant for non-users. Plus, with the added max life, those the were skipping the shield may now actually consider using it.
keep the SALT coming :)
Im not against nerfs when needed, but the VP/acuities and XP changes seems lazy.

You're taking leech away from many builds/ascendancies and now only making it viable for builds that invest heavily into leech, which is mostly in the southern part of the tree and slayer. Hopefully you enjoy playing a sunder slayer.

Balancing end game XP around people that nolife and play offscreening builds so rapidly that they dont pick up items in an item based game, genius. The same people that race to 100 then quit the league for 2.5 months, you want to cater to them? Maybe you should rethink balancing mob density off sextants or skills like TS and KB and not punish the majority of players with mindless xp penalties.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
MFJones wrote:
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

I agree with this guy.

Might be time to quit this game unless some of the bad changes gets reverted, like at least the AOE nerf and things like that. Less and less options every patch.

Was getting a little excited for 3.1, but forget monetary support, maybe it's not even worth to play more. Less fun and unique ways to do things, always the 1k hour expert nerf team nerfing everything. WHy keep getting disappointed?
Still hoping for good patch notes and a fun league. If this league blows I'm out.
Item loot before patch stay legacy?
I'm ok with most of the nerfs, except the Rise of the PHoenix one. I mean, yes, it's max resist bonus is clearly out of line with other max resist increase effects in the game.... but it was also clearly designed to enable Righteous Fire builds. Now, RF as a skill option is going to be far more restricted in the budgets that can make one work effectively. Now, you said there will be buffs that will be left as nice suprises, it would be nice if one of those suprises is a reduction to the self-inflicted RF damage to compensate for this nerf, in which case, fine is fine - for non-RF contexts, Rise of the Phoenix was overpowered (for general enemy fire damage mitigation).

My only other real complaint is that Barrage nerf was undertuned. Extra projectiles leading directly to added single target damage was always a bad thing. Extra projectiles should just affect Barrage like it's threshold jewel. Taking away 1 projectile from the Uber Lab enchant is still going to leave Barrage as a source of ludicrous and imbalanced single target dps.
>This made it far too easy to max out fire resistance on a Righteous Fire character.
LOLWUT? Too easy?! :D
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
"
ZodtheDefiler wrote:
Welcome to PoE, finally got a build that can end game? Let us fix that, NERFS FOR EVERYONE! Seriously, wtf GGG? STOP NERFING THINGS!

Every skill can get you to end game, theres plenty of videos on it, just because youre broken meta build actually has to struggle like the others now, doesnt mean GGG is doing anything wrong.
So wait, you are listening to the 0.001% of the players about making leveling far longer? That is just sad, very very sad.
Other than that though, thanks for not smashing melee with the nerf hammer.
Please reply to your whispers for items... Even if you are mapping, in a rotation, in uber lab, or if its sold. Thank you. :D
"
Chris wrote:

Atziri's Acuity
Atziri's Acuity has been changed to instead grant Vaal Pact if you've performed a critical strike recently, giving it a slightly different use when compared with the Vaal Pact keystone. It now fills a different role to its previous one and acts as a way for you to avoid some of the downsides of the Vaal Pact Keystone

What the fuck seriously? Will these be going legacy or no?

"
Chris wrote:

Doomfletch and Doomfletch's Prism
Doomfletch: Now adds 100% of Physical Damage as Damage of a random Element (down from 110%). It no longer has increased Critical Strike Chance, and instead has (12-16) to (20-24) added Physical Damage.

Doomfletch's Prism: Now adds 100% of Physical Damage as Damage of each Element (down from 110%). As Doomfletch has no Critical Strike Chance value now, none is inherited here.

Doomfletch's Prism was providing some of the highest damage numbers of any bow in the game, so has been reduced. It's likely still the best bow.

Legacy or no?

"
Chris wrote:

Queen of the Forest
Now has 200 to 240% increased Evasion Rating (down from 240 to 380%). The movement speed bonus this item can provide has been capped at 100% for all versions.

Changes to evasion basetypes in The Fall of Oriath both pushed the evasion rating of this item too high, and took the movement speed this item granted to an extreme. We never intended for a single item to be able to provide so much movement speed. Over time as more movement speed and evasion became available this item has become unreasonable. The movement speed players were attaining was not something that the game was designed to handle. This cap is unlikely to affect average use of this item.

Ok know i know you guys are on crack...WTF a QOTF nerf?

"
Chris wrote:

Rise of the Phoenix
Maximum Fire Resistance granted has been reduced to 5% (from 8%). Life regeneration has been increased to 15 to 20 per second (from 6). New versions now also grant 40 to 60 Life (this cannot be divined).

This item granted too much maximum fire resistance, more than any other shield provided for any other maximum resistance type. This made it far too easy to max out fire resistance on a Righteous Fire character. Other bonuses on the item have been added or increased to have the item remain useful for other builds.

Wow seriously? So what the hell? Are these going legacy as well?

"
Chris wrote:

Experience changes for high-level characters
Each league, the race to 100 is over more quickly than the previous one, as players become more efficient and the experience available gets larger. We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers) that this process should be made longer. We're going to be careful though, and just adjust it a bit at a time. In 3.1.0, this takes the form of small additional experience penalties at levels 95-99 that have the following effect:

• 95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
  • 96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
  • 97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
  • 98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
  • 99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL THIS GAME YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info