Path of Nerfs

"
harddaysnight wrote:

There is WAY too much attention being paid to what the top 0.1% of the player base is doing. They are only 0.1%, it doesn't matter what they are doing.

Pretty much this.

It's the same in every game. Tens of thousands playing but devs only focuses on the elite 0.1%. That same group that will reach max level before anyone else regardless cuz they invest more time and more money into it than anyone else.

This will not discourage me from playing the game but it will keep me away from trying to reach 100. Trying to reach the challenge goal per league is more than enough.
Never100, NeverMind
"
A7X89 wrote:
Every development manifesto/patch notes so many crying players. Get a life.

IT`S ONLY A GAME, NOTHING MORE!

I like these changes. They are very necessary imo. The game was way too easy. No real challenge. Facetank the biggest attacks by only press the attack button. So the vaal pact change for example is an absolutly right decision.

The XP nerf only affects a really small player base. How long took it for some players to level to 100 in the mayhem league? 5-6 days? Even player, who doesnt get support by their guild, reach level 100 in less than 2 weeks.

In the future we will still see player reaching level 100 in a few days, maybe took 2-3 days longer. We will still see OP builds, melting Uber Atziri/Shaper/etc.

I bet: The biggest whiner here, who say that they will never play the game, have a lvl 90+ char in a few hours/days after the abyss league starts. ;)

>3 chars, all standard, 1 lvl 90+ =)
"
harddaysnight wrote:

In Harbinger SSF there were 23 that made it to 100 out of 15,000 on the ladder. Plus however many didn't make the ladder.

23/15000 = 0.0015

Check your math dude... =D

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Experience changes for high-level characters (...)
  • 95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
  • 96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
  • 97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
  • 98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
  • 99 to 100: 40% more experience needed

You know, too many people in the world are getting successful before they die. So we're going to make it even more difficult to become rich once you've made it to middle class. Now owning your own home will cost 6.5% more in your mortgage payments. Starting your own company will cost 11.5% more. Becoming a millionaire will take you 28.25% longer, and becoming a billionaire will take you 40% longer. For the 99%, forget ever becoming part of the 1%, because f*** you.

why the hostility? in clsed beta it's been nearly impossible to level to 100, then ggg increased the base xp in maps to 2% which let more players level to 100 without nolifing a year of their life. it got easier and easier, doing beachhead rotations eventually trivialised it.

now it's been nerfed a bit because they don't want certain players reaching 100 in less than 10 days playtime.

be rest assured, the next "beachhead" will follow some league in the future and players (or player groups) will get to 100 in a week eventually.

it's always one direction for games: easier and easeier, power creep creep creepier and then death because of no challenges ... i really had hopes poe would be different because of the dogma of "not wanting to devaule player's efforts". well, it's been a promise they couldn't keep.

to the original point again: xp needed to level to 100 is just a temp league issue. for standard, players assume you did it on the easiest way possible when it comes to acknowledgement. temp leagues are just ... temporary.

where is your problem?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Dec 5, 2017, 2:34:54 PM
"
"
Toni_ACPC wrote:
"We receive overwhelming feedback (including from top racers)"

95 to 96: 6.5% more experience needed
96 to 97: 11.5% more experience needed
97 to 98: 18.7% more experience needed
98 to 99: 28.25% more experience needed
99 to 100: 40% more experience needed"

BULLSHIT! who who who??? maTHIL???? Elitist shitness change...

I found this completely unnecessary ...
Only very focused players OR Bots take lvl 100,
I'm a casual player, I like playing and I dreamed of getting 100 lvl, I feel very frustrated. Players like Alkaizerx or Zizarian will take 1 week longer to pick up 100 lvl. I'LL TAKE ... NEVER ...

Oh really? wtf GGG !?

Elitist change of shit ... Very demotivating.

#FeelsBad.
Mathil? Mathil has never reached level 100 nor does he ever plan to

agreed. Mathil are not elitist, nor taking Chars past 95. he dont give a fuck as he also stated in hes latest video. lets all enjoy the attempts by mathil in hc the last half year or so :D
Very much looking forward to the Path of Buffs.
Those Dark pact nerfs made me giggle.
As if anyone is ever going to self cast that skill again, without VaalPact.
I'm just hyped for the new(ish) builds people will make.
"
Ashriel wrote:
Guys, it's great that you're not afraid to nerf things. It shows. But you have gone way overboard so many times it's ridiculous. Like, it's not even funny - AoE, CoC, double-dipping, bosses not dropping anything good after the HP nerf, ES... You're more heavy-handed than Hearthstone's "balance" team and it doesn't make your game more fun, it makes it suck. I dreamed of getting a level 100 one day, and now you've nerfed not only red map XP, but made it longer overall. Your reasons why are flawed - you listened to the 5 players that wanted it longer? What about the other 99.999% of your player base?

Your other nerfs, like to Acuities, a chase unique that's already super rare and gated and been treated with nerfs before, are simply retarded. Stop making us play the way you want us to, and let us play however we want. You know, like you used to? Maybe you've already forgotten. It looks like you have.

I support this 100%
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info