3.1: RIP Reflect. Long Live Clear Speed Meta.

yay now lets just remove one-shots, bearers, etc from the game so we can play it with eyes closed (monsters already dont really fight back) stacking as much damage as possible without any possibility of dying until t16 content
Nerf global mob damage by 20-30% based on damage variance and call it a day.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 28, 2017, 9:51:58 PM
"
grepman wrote:
yay now lets just remove one-shots, bearers, etc from the game so we can play it with eyes closed (monsters already dont really fight back) stacking as much damage as possible without any possibility of dying until t16 content

*sigh*
reflect was literally in the game for sole purpose: limit dps output
new reflect is best handled by stacking damage and quickly one-shotting shit

seems legit
All they really needed to do was have the reflect damage based off your characters hp and have a cap per second (say 50% of your max hp per second so its not just a straight up ignore stat like most of the other mods on mobs) and have mitigation reduce this number instead. That way you CAN NOT 1 shot yourself, and you still need to build to counter it, just not to the same extent as before.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
reflect was literally in the game for sole purpose: limit dps output
new reflect is best handled by stacking damage and quickly one-shotting shit

seems legit

Just as long as you're not genuinely surprised about this. Because that would display an immense amount of ignorance regarding where the game has been heading for years now.
Im not too surprised after anything past ascendancy.

with that said, GGG still does moves that give me hope (3.0, removal of VP, etc) and then moves like this disappoint me. again, Im not surprised, but still disappointed.

I do like most of the new skills/supports though. I do like that rory acknowledged the new reflect doesnt really do what old reflect was designed to do. At least they're honest about it.
Considered what they did to aoe in 2.6 and the vast majority of meta builds in 3.0 it looks like GGG is playing both sides of the field fairly well.

The idea of gutting VP without compensation on reflect or global mob dmg is insane.
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 28, 2017, 10:41:37 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

The idea of gutting VP without compensation on reflect or global mob dmg is insane.
you know whats insane ? that people dont want to play around reflect, mouse over mobs, or pay attention.

you know what else is insane ? that people consider spending 7 seconds on a map boss instead of 2 seconds 'wasting time' and 'unrewarding', rather killing 150 white mobs that cannot by definition fight back and might as well be some goo than actual monsters.

what else is insane ? that people parrot shit that is untrue never willing to sacrifice dps or experiment themselves. that people consider a failed build in a video game 'wasting time' and would VOLUNTARILY remove choices just to follow like sheep.
"
grepman wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

you know whats insane ? that people dont want to play around reflect, mouse over mobs, or pay attention.

That is not the crowd GGG has catered to for last few years. The best players find ways to totally negate a mechanic rather than having to 'play' around it because its not enjoyable and sub optimal for racing exp/loot per hour.

Why does GGG force everyone to perma spam a staunching flask instead of thinking players will stack DOT mitigation, Alt-f4 or portal out?

Why does GGG force everyone to outleech

"
you know what else is insane ? that people consider spending 7 seconds on a map boss instead of 2 seconds 'wasting time' and 'unrewarding', rather killing 150 white mobs that cannot by definition fight back and might as well be some goo than actual monsters.
The issue is that bosses don't drop good loot and pose tremendous risk to both exp and loot per hour.

Is there some kind of notion anyone plays poe for the challenge or achievement factor as opposed to grinding as hard and as fast as they like?

Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 28, 2017, 10:57:43 PM
Making reflect more telegraphed, in a way similar to what they did to volatiles, is really good.
Lowering reflect's damage output (unless i understood wrong, that's gonna be the case) is ehhh, i don't see why.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info