3.1: RIP Reflect. Long Live Clear Speed Meta.

Reflect was easily mitigated to begin with for most builds, and for the rest, it was just flat out impossible to deal with... A poor mechanic in its current iteration, glad it is being looked at.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

The idea of gutting VP without compensation on reflect or global mob dmg is insane.
you know whats insane ? that people dont want to play around reflect, mouse over mobs, or pay attention.

That is not the crowd GGG has catered to for last few years. The best players find ways to totally negate a mechanic rather than having to 'play' around it because its not enjoyable and sub optimal for racing exp/loot per hour.

yes the clear speed meta is the result to the catering to the brain dead style of play where negating a mechanic is 'better' than playing around it. exactly. so why dont we remove the remaining few things that make you pay attention to the game. reduce mob damage by 90% across the board. invest everything in offense. because its fun right ? fun is the goat justification for doing dumb shit to a niche game. which is what the game was originally. a niche game. a 'hardcore arpg you've been waiting for' with the developers stating they want to kill you. now instead they want the game to blow you under your desk while you're watching netflix as you kill hordes of white mobs that dont fight back.

"

Why does GGG force everyone to perma spam a staunching flask instead of thinking players will stack DOT mitigation, Alt-f4 or portal out?

nothing prevents players from stacking dot and phys mitigation, especially in this day and age. with no talisman mobs around, things like bonespire dont really exist anymore.

"

Why does GGG force everyone to outleech

huh. Im surprised you didnt resort to the whole 'you must have not attempted high content if you dont think the same way I do' shtick. you know what Im talking about. you can make dozens upon dozens of builds that have zero leech that can do all content. have you ever tried thinking outside the box and popular opinion ?

"
the issue is that bosses don't drop good loot and pose tremendous risk to both exp and loot per hour.

exactly. you just want to kill white mobs all day, have no risks doing it and get phat lootz. isnt there a problem somewhere ?

"

Is there some kind of notion anyone plays poe for the challenge or achievement factor as opposed to grinding as hard and as fast as they like?

you mean is there a notion that some people like poe to be an unforgiving, challenging, hardcore arpg like it originally was marketed and not a risk-free stomping of harmless ants with a BFG avoiding any mechanics that might impede this stomping? if you are seriously asking that question, forget it. you probabky will never leave the proverbial box. you poe experience will revolve clear speed, asking for player power and content nerfs until content is literally harmless.
More viable HC builds, YAY!
"
exactly. you just want to kill white mobs all day, have no risks doing it and get phat lootz. isnt there a problem somewhere ?

The problem is that GGG needs to add reward to risk. They railroaded players into the T11/T12 meta by making end game bosses exponentially less rewarding and simultaneously exponentially more challenging than fodder content.

"
grepman wrote:

you mean is there a notion that some people like poe to be an unforgiving, challenging, hardcore arpg like it originally was marketed and not a risk-free stomping of harmless ants with a BFG avoiding any mechanics that might impede this stomping? if you are seriously asking that question, forget it. you probabky will never leave the proverbial box. you poe experience will revolve clear speed, asking for player power and content nerfs until content is literally harmless.

Well, that's pretty damning. I've played PoE since open beta and witnessed the game's evolution since the start and around the time GGG created loot allocation was the point they realized they needed to break some of their idealism in order to have an actual player base.

Clearly you've already made up your mind about players who don't think poe is meant to be played like dark souls.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 29, 2017, 12:42:21 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Is there some kind of notion anyone plays poe for the challenge or achievement factor as opposed to grinding as hard and as fast as they like?

Incredible elitism. Tons of people play this game for the challenge and achievement of building a better character than they did last league, and getting farther than they did last league. Just because your first league happened many moons ago doesn't make your experience playing the game as you do now anywhere near the average experience.
"
Nephalim wrote:

Like in any *RPG character development.

Some have been treating aRPGs like nothing but slot machines though and never reflected on why they're chasing things to get more things.
Perception is reality.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Incredible elitism. Tons of people play this game for the challenge and achievement of building a better character than they did last league, and getting farther than they did last league. Just because your first league happened many moons ago doesn't make your experience playing the game as you do now anywhere near the average experience.

I do that too but I don't pretend it was some remarkable achievement of skill and innovation. The game is simply not that complex and challenge really only comes from being able to endure high repetitious and mindless play without dying.

I do temp leagues because min maxing and seeing how much I can gain in a finite amount of time is fun for me.

If I replace gain with achieve do I get to be in the group of players who looks down on others for wanting to hyper clear speed in a game where the developers have actively encouraged it? What I do and what I you do are exactly the same, you just see it as overcoming challenge, I just see it is number crunching and optimization but somehow I'm the elitist?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 29, 2017, 1:34:48 AM
My fav character is still low life ES crit freezing pulse... its my first character. 350kdps, with just shy of 12000 es with the nerf, and she evaporates to reflect. Pretty stoked that I can continue to level that one
Meh.

Might as well play that crit facebreaker berserker/abyssus shield charge build.

Melee hooo!
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Nov 29, 2017, 4:06:20 AM
Is there end game build that is not a speed build. Did I play a different game from you? The low diff cap ceiling is why every half decent build become a speed build in PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info