3.1: RIP Reflect. Long Live Clear Speed Meta.

-
Last edited by BizzaOSRS on Apr 11, 2023, 8:03:13 AM
Reflect removal is a great change. But without balancing insane monster burst damage, it really doesnt change anything. Game will be exactly like it was pre-3.1: kill them before they touch/kill you.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 29, 2017, 10:37:18 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Reflect removal is a great change. But without balancing insane monster burst damage, it really change anything. Game will be exactly like it was pre-3.1: kill them before they touch/kill you.

Except that now I can finally play the LA assassin without off-screen one-shotting myself :)
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
shaunika90 wrote:
the more telegraphed and reactive they make dangerous stuff, the better for the game.

Now that you put it like that... that is something I would definitely agree with. But they could still scale it off the damage.

BTW, I wonder if this means that totem / golem / summoner / chaos builds will also have to be aware about reflect...?

Why hell yeah they already do have to be very aware of reflect now.. Take your spectres in a reflect map and see how long they last without proper flasking and convo.. Same with totems never noticed when you run reflect maps with totems you constantly have to spawn totems to even kill anything? Thats because they destroy themselves the reflect.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
all this really means is path of range builds .. soo nothing really changed.

As many have pointed out. the only builds that died to mob based reflect were the ones so poorly put together that they would crumble to dust if one were to fart in their general direction.

you know your legacy abyssus starforge weight of the empire crit builds that do 2.5 million pure physical in one it.

the type of builds that really should only exist as a novelty

against any reasonably put together build reflect was a non issue as you could easily get enough damage to one shot trash while not killing yourself to your primary damage type.

and then switch to something more substantial in cases where you knew reflect would not exist.

This really only highlights the need to remove off screening from projectile builds because lets face it .. your average build probably wont even see these orbs , let alone be threatened by them .

until they normalize the aoe of everything to be capped to something everything can mostly get too with some investment there is just going to be a hilarious discrepancy between the builds that can offscreen (and avoid all of these ... "mechanics") and those that cant.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 29, 2017, 10:03:26 AM
Just pointing out because some people seem to have confused it. Normal reflect maps will still exist. The change only applies to the nemesis mod reflect.
GREAT CHANGE, i'm sure GGG is intelligent enough to punish glass canon players in some other ways than bullshit reflect.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Nov 29, 2017, 10:57:56 AM
"
Miská wrote:
Just pointing out because some people seem to have confused it. Normal reflect maps will still exist. The change only applies to the nemesis mod reflect.

normal maps can be rolled over though which is what everyone was already doing
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Nov 29, 2017, 10:59:55 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

normal maps can be rolled over though which is what everyone was already doing

unless they're unid :P
This is good change. I don't know how many people realise it, but e.g. with Heavy strike you can do 100K physical dmg in single hit. And that basically no way of mitigation armor, etc... helps you when reflected. So you are forced to play as slayer. Now it opens up space for more build diversity making hard hitting builds much more viable.
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info