[3.3 Raider] Muirey's 2h Freezing Cyclone - Raider Edition!

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Soo.. map tab hype anyone? Lol.. I was scared as hell when the first map that went in broke my game for about 10 minutes. I want to see a number for how many of those tabs have sold so far.. it was a cash cow waiting to happen and at $15 each, GGG is making hand over fist right now.

You know it. My only problem is it only does maps from a certain content era. Guess I should burn through every single pre-3.1 map to save space.... blech.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
@Muirey - Possibly add a rare ring/amulet/belt stat priority with screenshots for the guide? Pandemonius doesn't exist yet in trade and Daresso and Bisco are a bit too expensive for this early in league. HP and resists are an obvious must with the unique count. But other stats like flat dmg, WED, phys dmg, etc to keep an eye out for.

Like this beauty I got as a drop that will get a missing resist mod when I re-do gear next:

Done.
At the moment, I am also Somewhat Following the build. i'm going crit based and i seem to be doing a lot of damage. At the moment I'm doing close to 100k dmg, with 50% effective crit chance. Sitting at 2.3 k life, with VERY shitty jewels, boots, and armor, Im clearing all content just fine. Even killed kitava just fine, deathless with this.im thinking that I can rework some of the tree later on to get inspired learning for mapping. And at the moment im using terminus est, so there is room for improvment.
"
stitches3911 wrote:
At the moment, I am also Somewhat Following the build. i'm going crit based and i seem to be doing a lot of damage. At the moment I'm doing close to 100k dmg, with 50% effective crit chance. Sitting at 2.3 k life, with VERY shitty jewels, boots, and armor, Im clearing all content just fine. Even killed kitava just fine, deathless with this.im thinking that I can rework some of the tree later on to get inspired learning for mapping. And at the moment im using terminus est, so there is room for improvment.

On paper, that is good damage. I am at about the same now with 6 frenzy and flasks. But there are 2 big flaws with your build I can see coming soon:
1. Low accuracy from no Resolute on higher tiers. If you can't hit, you can't kill and you'll miss leech. T6 or T8 puts you around 80% hit chance I think and even lower for higher. Also a DPS loss for all of the misses.
2. Low life. 2.3k is very low HP imo. Especially with some of the more absurd mods, things are hitting me for 3k+ with just 1 swing. And the low life will also cripple your HP leech rate with VP's rework. I think even at level 85 with more HP on gear and getting more HP passives, you'll be around 3.2k I think?

I don't know how you can fix the low accuracy for higher tiers. You can trade 5 points in your tree between Finesse and Gladiator to 3 points below Destroyer. For the survivability, if that becomes an issue.. I'd recommend switching to 5L Bronn's for similar damage and some evasion from +2 Cyclone, dmg to movement skills, atk speed, etc. Heck, the 5L is probably cheaper than Tab atm and may come out to more damage. And I would trade some of the elemental damage for more life.. Blood Drinker, Blood Siphon, dmg/life jewels, etc.

Let us know if you run into any issues.
"
stitches3911 wrote:

Nice, glad to here you're having fun!

Funny enough, you are basically following the 3.0 path. Third post on first page has entire 3.0 guide archived on it, including tree's.

That aside, you have taken an odd path and if I were to make a suggestion without making to much change..

Poe Planner
www.poeurl.com/bF4O

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/usZsqb49

Still roughly the same dps but 110% max life instead of 80% and plenty more to take near by. Since you are crit unfortunately Kondo's won't work for you! Starforge doesn't allow elemental damage so I don't know what the end goal would be if you wished to continue using swords.

The tree's posted in the archived 3.0 guide are geared towards Axe use though and wouldn't be that huge of a change. I would definitely go for more life, new map bosses hit hard and will make life very frustrating for you at 2.3k!

Edit: What Blackdeath101 says is true and why I went back to the Resolute path over staying on the right side of the tree and trying to make crit work.

The higher you go the more accuracy you need and trying to manage that... resists... life pool... enough effective crit to make it noticeable, did not seem worth it when RT path gives same if not more damage, way more possible life and allows us to focus on only really balancing resists. Food for thought.
Last edited by Muirey on Dec 14, 2017, 10:24:26 AM
Hi, I'm following this build and having a lot of fun so thanks for that!

At the moment, I'm at lvl 71 and have some problems with survivability. Sitting on 3.4k life, resists capped and still I have so much problems with bosses in T3-4 (even merc Izaro one shot me :<). I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Damage looks good, clearing maps really fast but when it comes to boss I'm dying A LOT. I'll be very grateful if anyone can look at my profile and help me.

"
pioweg wrote:
Hi, I'm following this build and having a lot of fun so thanks for that!

At the moment, I'm at lvl 71 and have some problems with survivability. Sitting on 3.4k life, resists capped and still I have so much problems with bosses in T3-4 (even merc Izaro one shot me :<). I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Damage looks good, clearing maps really fast but when it comes to boss I'm dying A LOT. I'll be very grateful if anyone can look at my profile and help me.

May want to give Vaal Pact a try and see if it fixes your issues. A good Quartz flask and Basalt Flask can help survival. If you don't take VP you can also use a Sulphur Flask and try to cyclone in the tight area of the consecrated ground for the healing. Also gives more damage as a bonus.

Besides the one point into Two hand melee in Destroyer cluster your tree looks fine.
Last edited by Muirey on Dec 14, 2017, 8:36:32 PM
have been following this guide too, currently lvl 79, probably the only problem is the low hp pool
Spoiler
FIX SG SERVER
"
pioweg wrote:
I'll be very grateful if anyone can look at my profile and help me.

The only things I can add are to make sure you weave in Fortify and check the mods of maps. If you are using rare maps, drop back to magic until you get more levels. I got Lion's Roar as a drop and move bosses across the map when I pop it.

"
have been following this guide too, currently lvl 79, probably the only problem is the low hp pool

Looks like you upgraded your gear a bit since posting. Your left ring and boots need a craft. Your right ring could use more HP. If you can squeeze some more resists onto your boots or rings, then you'll want to upgrade your belt to almost double HP (90+) and tri resist for under 10c or double resist with WED/phys dmg. I think I got lucky and paid 2c for mine with phys, WED, life, and double resist.
there's no poeurl link for 92 points, are you not done with it yet?

Anyway been using your build for a while now and it's been a breeze while finishing the chapters, overall I have no problems yet. Also would recommend this build as a league starter to everyone!
"
_arcuz_ wrote:
there's no poeurl link for 92 points, are you not done with it yet?

Anyway been using your build for a while now and it's been a breeze while finishing the chapters, overall I have no problems yet. Also would recommend this build as a league starter to everyone!

There are 2 links below the 92 section.. 1 for using Kondo's Pride and 1 for using Hez axe.

Spoiler
"
Muirey wrote:
92 points(Updated)
(Ready to do Merc Lab)

Hezmana/Axe
www.poeurl.com/bFDy

Kondo's Pride/Sword
www.poeurl.com/bFDz

Swords has a bit more range and a good chunk more damage.. but will require refunds if you continue to using Disfavour axe. Hez gets Onslaught proc and has BM attacks, which means you can ignore mana. But BM attacks also means your HP will be off when using damage on full life. So I'd recommend using a different gem over damage on full life if using Hez axe.

If I didn't spend 10 chaos on Hez axe (at the time), I would have just done Kondo's. But it is all personal preference. I switched to Kondo's last night from Hez axe.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 15, 2017, 10:41:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info