[3.3 Raider] Muirey's 2h Freezing Cyclone - Raider Edition!

Hey, I'm really considering this build for next league, just wanted to ask some questions about Raider.

Why do you say it is a Av of Slaughter build? is anything that dependent on frenzy charges?
Do you think Av of Chase would be better (instead of Veil) now?

Cheers
"
akirio wrote:
Hey, I'm really considering this build for next league, just wanted to ask some questions about Raider.

Why do you say it is a Av of Slaughter build? is anything that dependent on frenzy charges?
Do you think Av of Chase would be better (instead of Veil) now?

Cheers

The only thing that is dependent on frenzy charges would be Avatar of Slaughter. If you wanted to do Slaughter/Chase or Chase/Veil that would be perfectly fine as well.

My reason for going Slaughter/Veil was I wanted certain things out of the build that I wasn't getting from Slayer. That mainly being elemental ailment immunity and being much faster. Slaughter gives 2% movement per frenzy charge and Veil branch, small nodes included, gives 18% total now.(Previously it was 28%)

My reason for not taking Chase is because we use the Slaughter node in the ax section by Marauder. With that we have onslaught basically 100% while clearing and I didn't feel that it was need to have the branch of the ascendancy that was devoted to it over picking up all the benefits of the Veil branch.

That being said it's my choice and what I built towards but all of the raider ascendancy nodes are good. If you wanted to use Chase over Slaughter you could move the nodes out of extra frenzy charges into other things.

I would say something similar to my slayer build tree would be good such as...

www.poeurl.com/bNsC

or for PoB

Chase/Veil
https://pastebin.com/YFk4rbvv

VS

Slaughter/Veil
https://pastebin.com/4UGvdA8f

or

Slaughter/Chase
https://pastebin.com/FUFR77uh

and then just use brute force solution in the jewel slot next to Golem's blood to pick up Int until you get it on gear.

Pathfinder is also fantastic as well if you prefer that play style.
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 2, 2018, 11:22:34 AM
Are you able to put in the jewels you use for your passive skill tree?
"
Jamception wrote:
Are you able to put in the jewels you use for your passive skill tree?

All the different jewels I've used are listed under the Jewel Spoiler.
"
Muirey wrote:
If what you're using works just keep at it. I had Kondo's drop and figured I'd try it out. It's 2 alch to buy so not that big a deal if you do want to use it. Don't feel ya need to follow what I'm doing exactly as I level up. However you get to the end goal of Disfavour(or some abyss weapon combo) is upto you.

I also used to use Iron reflexes and it worked fine... until reaching like.. t8 and beyond. Things just start hitting harder and harder the higher you go and armour unfortunately doesn't scale well.

We are using Kondo mostly for the damage? The chance to Bleed and Blind seems useless since we do not critical strike at all. Does this have a huge impact on the damage output with Kondo's?
"
SanguineSleet wrote:
We are using Kondo mostly for the damage? The chance to Bleed and Blind seems useless since we do not critical strike at all. Does this have a huge impact on the damage output with Kondo's?

Bingo, damage only. Kondo's is really good for the price and I buy one pretty much as soon as I hit RT because of how much of an upgrade it is over anything else for the price.

The on crit effects we miss out on with RT don't effect our damage in a negative way but does help us survive since kondo's also has 'cannot leech from critical strikes'. Not leeching would be a bad thing!
"
Muirey wrote:
"
SanguineSleet wrote:

Bingo, damage only. Kondo's is really good for the price and I buy one pretty much as soon as I hit RT because of how much of an upgrade it is over anything else for the price.

The on crit effects we miss out on with RT don't effect our damage in a negative way but does help us survive since kondo's also has 'cannot leech from critical strikes'. Not leeching would be a bad thing!

Sweet! currently at level 55 and running with two Terminus Est, although really only need one, the damage boost was massive over a random rare sword
Level 85 with 3.7k HP. :l
"
tomxlove wrote:
Level 85 with 3.7k HP. :l

I don't see any lvl 85 characters or ones with any gear so can't help.

If you mean in general or from my screenshots I still don't know what you mean.. in the 3.1 budget run at lvl89 I had 5k hp(5.7k with shrine). So you are probably missing a lot of either life nodes or life on gear but I can only guess because you have no gear on any of your high level characters.

lvl89 hp
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 17, 2018, 1:25:44 PM
Hi,

is it HC viable you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info