[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

I'm always overleveled with undercurrency and cant have the required gems and color sockets for build. Am I that retarded?

I am going to have 2 starter builds. One for collecting enough money to start a starter build and the other one is a starter build. I have a level 81 char on standard never saw higher than map tier 4.
Excellent guide! I especially appreciate the detailed leveling section as a newer player. Thanks.
Hello,
at first i have to say thank you for that amazing build, never had so much fun at PoE as now.

Can you please tell me why i can´t use sunder in ele resist maps without dying? Every unidentified map with ele reflect is a pain becaus i have to leapslam the mobs down ^^
Thanks for the guide. How about switching the stibnite flask to a basalt? Since we already blind the enemies with the Bringer of Rain, wouldnt it be better to get the Physical Damage Reduction from Basalt?

"
machettie86 wrote:
Hello,
at first i have to say thank you for that amazing build, never had so much fun at PoE as now.

Can you please tell me why i can´t use sunder in ele resist maps without dying? Every unidentified map with ele reflect is a pain becaus i have to leapslam the mobs down ^^

Turn off Hatred Aura.
"
machettie86 wrote:
Hello,

Hatred?
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
V4d_Sk1ff wrote:
Someone have made a lot of currency on this amulet speculation. Sad thing, impossible to buy less than 25c now

It will drop down in price over the coming days. The reason for the cost being up at the moment is because it's become an amulet many are using for their builds for the first 5-10 days of the new league, before they either get a BIS amulet, or obtain one of the new Shaper/Elder amulets. It's become a bit of a rarer drop and the demand for it is still high. If these were being price-fixed, you'd see them upwards of 60 chaos (it happened part way through the last league when a guild hoarded over 150 of them, then the price tumbled down to 5 chaos in a few days). I'd say it's only a matter of days though before the market is rapidly flooded with them and the price takes a nose dive, as they just wont be needed any more by many players.

Ultimately it makes little difference, as many builds have items upwards of 25c for each of their slots before they become viable. We can chuck 50 chaos at this build on day 3 of a new league and be creaming the Uber Lab and cruising through T12 maps with a fully geared character. Lot's of other popular builds will take more than twice that time to get to the same point and they'll need to pay for carries through Uber Lab and other content too, making it even more expensive for them - not to mention the cost of fancy rare and threshold jewels.

Thank you for your respond. Almost 70 now, Will aim for Bringer of rain... got WoE already.
Excellent guide! Uber lab farming and maps is really easy.
Do someone figured out what abyss jewels is best to use?
Currently i'm using this jewels:
Spoiler

also have these but can't slot them:

should i use %life normal jewels instead of abyss +life?
"To increase your DPS, the first and most obvious step is to 5-link or 6-link your Wings of Entropy Axe. You then swap out the Totem setup in the axe for the sunder setup in the helm. Putting Sunder, Conc Effect, Ruthless and Multistrike in a 5-link axe with Melee Phys Damage as the 5th link will just shy of double your un-buffed base DPS. Adding Maim as a 6th link will nearly triple the base DPS of what's in the 4-link version. This process will also give your Ancestral Warchief a base DPS boost of about 10-15% too, due to the free extra 2 skill links it get's by being in the helm now. The cost of a 5-link Wings of Entropy Axe is around 15-20 chaos, so it's a pretty good investment. A 6-link WoE axe will set you back about 2-5 Exalt's though, so that's not the cheapest of options. "

If a 5l is better than BoR then why are we even using BoR instead of a different helm and a chest?
"
kingzero753 wrote:
"
machettie86 wrote:
Hello,

Hatred?

Jupp Thank you, i´m an idiot ^^
"
emokantu wrote:
"To increase your DPS, the first and most obvious step is to 5-link or 6-link your Wings of Entropy Axe. You then swap out the Totem setup in the axe for the sunder setup in the helm. Putting Sunder, Conc Effect, Ruthless and Multistrike in a 5-link axe with Melee Phys Damage as the 5th link will just shy of double your un-buffed base DPS. Adding Maim as a 6th link will nearly triple the base DPS of what's in the 4-link version. This process will also give your Ancestral Warchief a base DPS boost of about 10-15% too, due to the free extra 2 skill links it get's by being in the helm now. The cost of a 5-link Wings of Entropy Axe is around 15-20 chaos, so it's a pretty good investment. A 6-link WoE axe will set you back about 2-5 Exalt's though, so that's not the cheapest of options. "

If a 5l is better than BoR then why are we even using BoR instead of a different helm and a chest?

Because as per the title of this build, it's a league starter - a point in time in which you have no currency or ability to 5/6-link a weapon.

Also because when we switch the sunder to a 5/6-link weapon, the Ancestral Warchief then get's the bonus 3-link in the helm for it's DPS, attack speed and ability to blind enemies.

Also because the helm grants 6% block chance, a 20% chance on block to generate endurance charges, up to +160 life and +300% evasion & armour - which makes this character the absolute beast it is in the Uber Lab and maps. How many helm and chest combo's are going to grant that, currently?

Also as per the build guide notes, one of the strengths of the build is that once geared and mapping in the new Abyss League, you have the flexibility to change the build around to whatever works best for you. You can even use the glove space for a glorified 7-link Attack Setup instead with the new Elder/Shaper types of gloves, putting the leap slam setup in the weapon sockets. It's flexible, so do what you want when you have the currency and gear drops/purchases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info