[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

Hey, nice Build!
I played it in Mayhem and liked a lot. Tryin it in 3.1 surely.
Started as your build states but when i get a lucky 6L i started to do my own variation.
i have a lot of troubles with izaro last night and was thinking if there is a way to work out arround my idea. That was weird because i have 4500 life and 52k unbuffed Dps, that reach 130k buffed

I take off some charges and play with bleeding, Crimson Dance and the Haemophilia gloves.
I take off BoR and get some rares with life. i put in also a ToH free from a nice player who was dropping the race

if its not much to ask, could you give me your thought about this?

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
"
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48EuETTBQgFHEV7BfhGJEcdSFVIWAm-C_XMHc17zkOOlI67Tu2PC1AoEGHRJ5Fmka3R35OMlBHU7tZ_l4TXz9gQWFSY3BkUmVNZ5toZWjydO108XYrdqx673zZgIqBQYIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoZghrSHaorwj2CQbJd5ogCi6qU1qSeplK2Nrj6vbLKAtz65HbyfvTa-p8BmwKbBi8Gjxq7KkM9-02_Yvdlh2Xzawdwn3D3iYeRR6UbqGOsJ7w7vTvAf8931Yfcy90346_no_go=?accountName=IngenieroPeronista&characterName=LoqueSale
Last edited by IngenieroPeronista on Dec 3, 2017, 10:04:07 AM
Tremendous guide. I'm 100% new and I tried the guide a week or so ago.

My main hiccup, other than bad RNG to find my last Uberlab trial, is that I can't reliably gain Endurance charges while playing/mapping. This includes using Rumi's during large engagements to increase my Block%. Consequently, I feel squishy at times in Tier 9+ maps. I assume Endurance is important because many nodes on the passive tree are dedicated purely to Endurance.

I wonder what I am doing wrong? Here is my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BlueeGreg/characters

Also is there any rationale to spend some passive points on increasing Frenzy charges?
Last edited by BlueeGreg on Dec 3, 2017, 3:11:55 PM
"
BlueeGreg wrote:
Tremendous guide. I'm 100% new and I tried the guide a week or so ago.

My main hiccup, other than bad RNG to find my last Uberlab trial, is that I can't reliably gain Endurance charges while playing/mapping. This includes using Rumi's during large engagements to increase my Block%. Consequently, I feel squishy at times in Tier 9+ maps. I assume Endurance is important because many nodes on the passive tree are dedicated purely to Endurance.

I wonder what I am doing wrong? Here is my profile https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BlueeGreg/characters

Also is there any rationale to spend some passive points on increasing Frenzy charges?

Hi mate, by the look of it, you haven't taken the +1 endurance charge skill tree node that's directly to the right of all the big axe damage nodes, up near resolute technique. You took the first node where you get life regen per endurance charge, but then forgot to take the actual +1 endurance charges skill node right next to it.

Endurance charges are important as they are the strongest type of charge in the game. Each END charge grants a flat 4% Phys Damage reduction, 4% elemental resistance across the board and .2% life regen. They all stack with each charge you have. Frenxy on the other hand is just 4% increased attack speed, which is not really that much of a quality of life boost, even if you had 3-5 of them. You already attack quickly as it is and have 3 Frenzy charges regardless without any investment into Frenzy on the skill map at all.

Next issue is you don't have the Writhing Jar Flask as your health flask. That flask grants you endurance charges when you use the jar and kill the two worms that pop out of it on use.

The current health flasks you have don't have effective uses either, as you don't need the hybrid flask and your health flask is only instant recovery when on low life (get a "Seething" flask instead). You also need a flask with Bleed Removal on it as you haven't taken the final Ascendancy points yet which grant bleed immunity.

As for the Uber Lab access issue, just sit in the Global 820 community chat channel - players offer free completed Trials in there all day long. By the time you finish Act 1-10, it should only take 2 hours of playing the game and keeping the chat window open to find and complete all the 6 final trials for granting access to the Uber Lab. Otherwise there is a Prophecy you can buy on poe.trade for like 1 Alch each in cost called "The Dream Trial" that grants you a guaranteed Trial of Ascendancy in one of the next few maps you play (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Dream_Trial). It works on ANY map at all, so just play T1 maps to make the lab trial level easy and simple.

Hope some of that helped!
I tried this on my turmoil sunder now in standard and I find the build very tank at 4.5 or 5k life I will play this if I can get my hands on the required items next league
"
iamplay wrote:
I tried this on my turmoil sunder now in standard and I find the build very tank at 4.5 or 5k life I will play this if I can get my hands on the required items next league

I've taken this build to L91 in last week's Turmoil Race and I've taken it to 91 again in this week's Mayhem race. I'm just super impressed at how tanky it is. I've had 3 Death's in total for the whole week so far (all via Tier 8 maps with Breach boss "Tul" who would appear on top of me during intense lag and by the time the game started moving again, I was frozen on the spot and had to watch helplessly as Tul's minions stomped me) and I've pushed through to regular 8-mod+ T13 map's filled with Invasion bosses and still cleared those map's without feeling like I was in any real or significant danger. I just realised this afternoon as well that I'd forgotten to take any of the Pantheon power's for my character in this week's Mayhem race, too.
"
Hey, nice Build!
I played it in Mayhem and liked a lot. Tryin it in 3.1 surely.
Started as your build states but when i get a lucky 6L i started to do my own variation.
i have a lot of troubles with izaro last night and was thinking if there is a way to work out arround my idea. That was weird because i have 4500 life and 52k unbuffed Dps, that reach 130k buffed

I take off some charges and play with bleeding, Crimson Dance and the Haemophilia gloves.
I take off BoR and get some rares with life. i put in also a ToH free from a nice player who was dropping the race

if its not much to ask, could you give me your thought about this?

Hi mate,

I put your character and it's gear into Path of Building for a bit of a look over for you.

The main reason why you are feeling squishy, is because using your gear instead of what's recommend in the build guide, you now only have half the total evasion of the base build, then you have less block chance, less spell block chance and less spell dodge chance too.

The gloves you have chosen to wear are also a problem, because every time you drop out of Rampage, you lose all your Endurance charges and have to start from scratch. Losing the endurance charges is dropping 20% elemental resistance and 20% phys damage mitigation. Because you don't have the Writhing Jar flask equipped either, you aren't maintaining or gaining quick charges (That's what the flask does - it pops out two worms when you use the flask and killing the two worms grants you charges - it's how you can keep charges up all the time, which is especially good against bosses that take a while to kill).

That's just the main problems I could identify at least anyway. I'm sure more experienced players are going to pick up on many other smaller issues. For the most part though, if you veer too far away from the main build and the items required for it, I really can't offer too much advice for you. The big issue really is the Helmet selection. The boost to evasion, armour and phys damage it gives is an important part of this build and short of coming across a really good new Shaper/Abyss Helm from the new 3.1 league, I would not suggest playing this build without it.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 4, 2017, 4:24:49 AM
"
Kurnis wrote:
Awesome guide, and I can't wait to try this build in the upcoming league.

One question...why not get Vitality Void? You're right next to it and more life leech can't be bad right? Does it just become unnecessary?

Yeah, it's just not necessary. The #1 function for this build is obliterating the Uber Lab in the fastest time possible, while remaining tanky. The build is therefore based around damage mitigation and a big supply of straight up life-regen, so we can just wonder through lab traps. This had the unexpected bonus though that with constantly leap-slamming when doing normal mapping, the character is ridiculously tanky even at low health levels. So it's speed, life regen and mitigation makes it a really good mapper, as well as acceptable boss killer up until about T14 level map bosses.

Since we don't do much killing in the lab, life leech is not of much value. Life leech really isn't that good or effective anyway unless you go full bore Vaal Pact in the skill tree - but then that makes you useless in the Uber Lab because you can't sustain or get any life leech from long Lab traps and trap labyrinth sequences in the lab. The point's invested into life-leech for this build are really just for complimentary purposes for the build against bosses and to give a bit of extra defence while mapping.
Does this build scale good with currency? Or should I just continue the league with another character and spend my saving on that character?
"
Mutasyon wrote:
Does this build scale good with currency? Or should I just continue the league with another character and spend my saving on that character?

It scales up reasonably well with investment, but there's really not much need to, because as a low-mid/upper tier mapper and Uber-Lab stomper - it does both those amazingly well and amazingly safely, as it is already, with all the base items and your resistances capped by 15 or more.

The point of this character is that you can easily spend just 20-50 chaos on it all up and literally do everything that's advertised about it with ease. You could invest a heap more in it and take it to Guardians/Shaper, but there's not much point since yould invest the same in other specific better purpose-built Shaper/Guardian stomping builds instead.

My plan for 3.1 and the new season barring any major last minute huge changes to this character/ascendancy or it's gear is:
- Use this build as a league starter, Uber-Lab stomper and mid/upper-tier mapper.
- Rush to maps and finish Uber Lab by day 2 or 3.
- Make more than 20 Exalt's in currency by the end of weeks 1 via sales of Uber-Lab drops like Quality Gems, Unique Items, Crafted Jewels, Unique Maps, Div Cards & Enchanting Starkonja’s / Abyssus / The Barron / Rat’s Nest & new +3 link Shaper/Abyss helm’s. All of this is stuff that drops in absolutely amazing volumes through any Uber Lab run, too. There is literally no other area in the game that will net you anywhere near close the amount of filthy disgusting obscene poles of loot and currency that the Uber Lab grants.
- Use those funds to make and take 3 specific builds to 95 or higher that are a Magic Find Ranger or Scion buld of some description, an end-game boss stomping build of some description and a Hall of Grandmasters farmer character for the rest of the league.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 4, 2017, 5:58:28 PM
So how did everyone go in the 10-Day Mayhem race? I used this build and finished up the rank #81 Slayer / #186 Duelist / #807 Overall. I fell just a bit short of reaching L92 in the end. I thought it was a good result given the circumstances and not playing the final 2 days of the race again. I realised right at the end of the week too that I hadn't taken any of the Pantheon powers, LOL. I had 3 deaths total for the week, which was about 50 less than I was expecting considering each zone right from L1 of the Act 1 when leveling contained up to 20 Invasion/Exile bosses and all that level of insanity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info