Let's talk about Abyss Jewels.

They are not corrupted, so you can craft them?

They can be socketed into normal Jewels slots and special Abysscal sockets in Abyssal items. I wonder if we would be able to add more Abyssal sockets on Abyssal items or if they can roll more. There is new belt which has Abyssal jewel socket as Implicit? Seems pretty sweet. There is no other non-unique variants of Abyssal items, so to use more Abyss Jewels we will have to wear unique Abyss items (who knows how they will turn out, but boots seems pretty interesting with % life and new skill we have no info about yet. Sounds like Abberath's Hooves type of thing) or Jewel sockets.

This Jewels will have different basetypes. Kinda like normal Jewels. So Ghastly Eye is specifically for minions, Hypnotic Eye for spells and Murderous Eye for attacks?

I am not sure about mods though. Cold damage to *sword* attacks? Minions deal additional fire damage? Why they should be so specific? Why it's so specific? 8% chance to avoid bleeding? What the *uck is that? Some mods are very interesting though. Added phys on Jewels? I wonder how that would affect Doomfletch. Finally a way to add Physical damage to spells. :o Conditional physical damage reduction?

Maybe we will see mods like duration, curse effectiveness, quantity or something like that? That would be really awesome. I always wanted new type of items that can roll such unique mods which are limited by few clusters on the Tree or few items.

Seems like Abyss jewels won't be able to roll normal mods. So incr. life, incr. damage, global multy and stuff like that. Seems like normal Jewels still will be BIS for the Tree for most builds.

Will they have tiers unlike normal jewels? Probably not. I hope not. They will probably have a lot of mods and I mean A LOT. I am worried about this "Cold damage to swords" mod. It means there is at least 3 for each element (or maybe 5 - phys and chaos) mods for each weapon class on this red jewel basetype...other jewel types have less specific mods (while using a shield for example), but still. Rolling them gonna be interesting, probably very tedious (at least when it comes to Murderous eye basetype).

Pretty sure wearing Stygian Vise belt will be Meta, because you can have some interesting extra mods on your belt instead of Life / Strength or % Phys.

What do you think? Did I miss something?

Update. Abyssal items can have more than one socket.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Nov 24, 2017, 4:04:44 AM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2017, 3:35:49 AM
It must be shortly before a new league, because someone is forum whoring like a pro again.

that physical damage to spell mod is gonna be sweet for the EK/BV build I'm planning to play
Avoid bleed mods are just "placeholders", "cards in the deck" to make it harder to find/craft good jewels. No sane person is stacking bleed avoidance, but running a bleed flask (unless you are Slayer or use certain uniques).

Personally, I may just enjoy the 3.1 expansion in Standard this time around. Abyss doesn't look "all that", but what the hell do I know? I thought Harbinger league looked awesome after the first teasers. If they tease some more uniques and unique jewels, I might give it a try.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Belts and boots and jewels are a clear no-brainer because they scale flat life and flat damage alot. Lol, these boots even have life and 30% ms.
"
tm10067 wrote:
Belts and boots and jewels are a clear no-brainer because they scale flat life and flat damage alot. Lol, these boots even have life and 30% ms.

This Jewels will most likely not have % Life though, so trading them for actual Jewels on the Tree might be not the optiomal course of action. Also we only seen one unique item so far, it will depend on what this skill does, but for now it seems pretty niche. 4% Life is like what? 1 nod on the tree. I would rather use IIQ boots or rare boots with lots of life. Belt slot is no brainer for GG Jewels.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Avoid bleed mods are just "placeholders", "cards in the deck" to make it harder to find/craft good jewels. No sane person is stacking bleed avoidance, but running a bleed flask (unless you are Slayer or use certain uniques).

Personally, I may just enjoy the 3.1 expansion in Standard this time around. Abyss doesn't look "all that", but what the hell do I know? I thought Harbinger league looked awesome after the first teasers. If they tease some more uniques and unique jewels, I might give it a try.

Yes, this mod is meh. I imagine there will be a bunch of them. Some might find certain niche use of course though.

I never thought I Harbinger League would be awesome :p

They can make it great League for sure. It's modified Breach afterall.
"
shaunika90 wrote:
that physical damage to spell mod is gonna be sweet for the EK/BV build I'm planning to play

Oh, yeah :)
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

This Jewels will most likely not have % Life though, so trading them for actual Jewels on the Tree might be not the optiomal course of action. Also we only seen one unique item so far, it will depend on what this skill does, but for now it seems pretty niche. 4% Life is like what? 1 nod on the tree. I would rather use IIQ boots or rare boots with lots of life. Belt slot is no brainer for GG Jewels.

In my opinion this boots are amazing. Yes, basic stats seems to be weak (we don't know yet how skill works) but there is this little jewel slot (at least 1, maybe more) and it's already huge boost.
I guess it is not going to be hard this league to have 10 abyss jewel slots (items and tree) so it's another 100% increased damage.

edit: ^ 30% ("each type" not "each jewel" :p)
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Nov 23, 2017, 4:34:38 AM
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

In my opinion this boots are amazing. Yes, basic stats seems to be weak (we don't know yet how skill works) but there is this little jewel slot (at least 1, maybe more) and it's already huge boost.
I guess it is not going to be hard this league to have 10 abyss jewel slots (items and tree) so it's another 100% increased damage.

edit: ^ 30% ("each type" not "each jewel" :p)

Will see about that. I wonder if we can add more Abyss jewels on items :o That would be so OP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info