New Boss Fight: Shakari

Nice :) Seeing how he slows the player down, I assume we're getting some movement related pantheon(?)
While it's somewhat cool that GGG are playing around with the idea of less trivial boss fights, it's a little late for this sort of thing now. Unless they completely reverse track and decide to allow us to deterministic-ally farm bosses for specific loot, no one in their right mind will ever do a boss fight more times than necessary. With bosses in their current state, whether they be storyline or maps- you basically just want to get your build to a point where you can ignore anything the boss throws at you and blow through the annoyance and waste of time as fast as humanly possible. This is of course unless you're like most players who map, in which case you're never doing a boss past Kitava anyway, and you likely paid someone to carry you through that as well.

I personally wouldn't mind more intense boss fights, if they actually required an organized party to fight properly, or only an extremely solid solo build that's built a specific way, and if there were a loot or exp-based reason for doing so. Right now, as GGG has implemented bosses in their game, they're merely an irritating break in your progress while you sit there and wait for phases to complete so you can finish trivializing the boss that someone put hours or weeks of dev time into, only for you to ignore it as much as you can.

Right now bosses are in a very weird place in POE. I just hope GGG realize this and have some plans to work on them in the future. I wouldn't mind re-learning how to create builds if there's a reason to build differently and the loot and the mechanics actually reward a playstyle that isn't just "mow through this content as fast as you can or be broke forever".
Is that a Tri-Element Trapper that I see? Well, he got no MoM, then again this looks like a early level build. Either way, I'm happy to see more Trappers getting used in these showcases!
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Just got my mistery box, does that mean i had bad luck with the other prizes? Or do i misunderstood that and those prices will be still awarded later?

Good question. I would like to know this aswell.
One I am looking forward to!!!
Grats on more boring content.

>No custom leagues = shit game.
I made level 90 and just got mystery box, uff i wanted the Carnage shield so much
what is the goal having boss in a game and they reward u nothing more than classic mobs ?
I like the design of the boss, reminds me a lot of the old mythology like with the Argonauts and Sindbad.

How long did it take to make the model and animations?
Is this new boss fight going to replace the end of act boss fight? Or is it going to be added to the oasis zone that currently has no quests or boss in it? I'm curious because I really like Act 9 as it currently exists, and it would be a shame to lose anything. I suspect it will be placed in the zone I mentioned, but has there been any confirmation of this yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info