Black Friday

"
vio wrote:
every item they put on sale pisses off all the players who supported full price for them.

Well, maybe to the minority of folk like you, who somehow don't feel special and catered-to otherwise... And then forget that the "extra" you paid was, well, for being able to shove that stuff in others' faces for longer.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
vio wrote:
every item they put on sale pisses off all the players who supported full price for them.

Well, maybe to the minority of folk like you, who somehow don't feel special and catered-to otherwise... And then forget that the "extra" you paid was, well, for being able to shove that stuff in others' faces for longer.

usually, if you go for some high price item in real life and buy it full price, it has some good use for you and you kindof need it.

who needs the pricy decorational stuff in poe? players who want to brag about their whealth? i think they're in the minority.

it's players like me who aren't really rich irl but really like the game, want to show their support ingame and want to keep it alive because there are few games that survive "free to play" which got a synomym for "rip off your moneyz". i don't think it's a good idea to piss those poeple off.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 21, 2017, 4:46:19 PM
GGG should have already done enough studies of their own marketing to know what is financially the best decisions and moves for them to make in this regard. For myself, I'll probably buy a couple thousands points to spend on stuff I really don't need. So, bring it on GGG!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
k1rage wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Not really... it's more like "Debt Friday!"
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by Allen_GGG on Nov 22, 2017, 8:06:19 AM
"
vio wrote:
it's players like me who aren't really rich irl but really like the game, want to show their support ingame and want to keep it alive because there are few games that survive "free to play" which got a synomym for "rip off your moneyz". i don't think it's a good idea to piss those poeple off.

You buy an MTX for 150 points and 2 days later it gets discounted to 75 points.

- Did you support the game? Yes.
- Did you show the support ingame? Yes.
- Did you help keep it alive? Yes.

Why would you feel pissed off? You got exactly what you wanted. At least you got what you claim you wanted.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Nov 21, 2017, 9:51:00 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
vio wrote:

You buy an MTX for 150 points and 2 days later it gets discounted to 75 points.

- Did you support the game? Yes.
- Did you show the support ingame? Yes.
- Did you help keep it alive? Yes.

Why would you feel pissed off? You got exactly what you wanted. At least you got what you claim you wanted.

so they could just sell former race reward item skins in their mtx shop.

- Did the people who own the original items win the race? Yes.
- Did they were able to show the items ingame? Yes.
- Did they had their months of fame? Yes.

why would they be pissed? uhm, yea, other people now look like they won the race too and there is no need to do races if people can just buy the race rewards in the shop.

(i'm just ignoring the ingame value of items in the example but otherwise the example fits).

-----

it's a cultural thing, while anglosaxons totally fall for "sales", it's not that big of a thing in europe. we rather value the stuff we have and there is something like "damaging the brand" when certain things are sold for cheap. you ever got a porsche half price just for the lulz?

"
vio wrote:
so they could just sell former race reward item skins in their mtx shop.

- Did the people who own the original items win the race? Yes.
- Did they were able to show the items ingame? Yes.
- Did they had their months of fame? Yes.

No, because they stated at some point that race rewards cannot be bought. Also you cannot show that you won the race anymore once those MTX are getting sold, while you can still show that you support the game if the MTX you bought get discounted.

If they stated beforehand that you can purchase those MTX afterwards anyway, it would be a different story. BTW in some cases that even is the case, with mystery boxes earned as rewards, and I've not seen anyone complain about that. Also several MTX race rewards are purchasable MTX anyway.

"
vio wrote:
it's a cultural thing, while anglosaxons totally fall for "sales", it's not that big of a thing in europe. we rather value the stuff we have and there is something like "damaging the brand" when certain things are sold for cheap.

Interesting. Must be anglosaxon then.

*looks at his German passport*
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
MTX are getting sold, while you can still show that you support the game if the MTX you bought get discounted.

The issue is, when someone buys something only to see it the very next day at a steeply discounted price they feel cheated. Which is understandable.

IMO, when such sales come up, if someone had purchased said item in the 14 days prior they should get the difference back in 'points' (in game credit). That way the people who just happened to be a day or two early, in whose minds that purchase is still fresh, don't feel so cheated. But GGG has already received the payment, so offering up the difference in 'points' is no skin off of their back. No money lost at all. Said player would be all that much more likely to purchase more points again in future as well.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
MTX are getting sold, while you can still show that you support the game if the MTX you bought get discounted.

The issue is, when someone buys something only to see it the very next day at a steeply discounted price they feel cheated. Which is understandable.

IMO, when such sales come up, if someone had purchased said item in the 14 days prior they should get the difference back in 'points' (in game credit). That way the people who just happened to be a day or two early, in whose minds that purchase is still fresh, don't feel so cheated. But GGG has already received the payment, so offering up the difference in 'points' is no skin off of their back. No money lost at all. Said player would be all that much more likely to purchase more points again in future as well.

it's a pretty good idea although having another black friday sale which, say, discounts everything by 60% would result in ggg having compensate millions of points towards players cause every transaction they ever made would be affected.

---

what Char1983 saif is basically right, buying full price gets you the item early and you can enjoy it and brag around until others get it for cheaper.

how it really is: you buy an mtx full price and can show your amazing support until it gets on sale and everybody thinks you're a cheapskate who got lucky with boxes or used the sale to get it reduced.

sales only make sense in games where the purchasable items give you an advantage over other players, there you buy an temporary buff which let's you advance faster before everybody else is able to afford it during a sale.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Not really... it's more like "Debt Friday!"

ain't that the truth lol

love how they removed my completely innocent post lol
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type