Black Friday

"
Are you gonna do something for Black Friday this time like you did before? Would be nice to have a BIG sale on Shop items to give the playerbase back some love.

A old post from Chris(2014):
"For this Black Friday weekend only (Friday-Sunday PST), we're discounting ALL microtransactions by 50%! Yes, this includes Stash Tabs!"

Lets do it like in the good old days GGG!

+1
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Since nobody answered widardd's query, for those people not living in the USA (I know Canada has a Thanksgiving too but that's a different story), you may not know what Black Friday is. It is the Friday after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November. The day after Thanksgiving is the traditional first big day for Christmas sales, Black Friday. The term is supposed to come from the day that retailers profit levels move into the black and they become profitable.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/932724141362356224
I guess something is coming after all
"
OArchAngelO wrote:
if only they did 50% off supporter packs lmao
4 years ago they did a 50% off all on black friday

they never did it again

i miss those and the special Rush weekends where a new thing is on sale every 30min
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
-
Last edited by BizzaOSRS on Apr 11, 2023, 8:04:40 AM
"
widardd wrote:
I don't even know what a black friday is.

Just another artificial "buy more shit now!"-day or does it go back 1192 when there was an eclipse and Liam Macalister fell drunk in a cesspit? ;)

Black Friday literally means it is a time of year when retailers get out of the red and move into the black. They make their profits around the holiday season but mostly lose/invest money for the rest of the year.

So when you say it mean 'buy more shit now', ironically enough, you knew exactly what it meant.

Black Friday is very important for all of the human race. Unlike Thanksgiving where you show appreciation for what you have, Black Friday is the engine that allows us to have it in the first place. It makes the world economy capable of growing and advancing and allows dreamers like Chris Wilson to exist in a society where they have the ability to make and sustain a game like PoE
Last edited by BearCares on Nov 21, 2017, 11:07:35 AM
"
widardd wrote:
I don't even know what a black friday is.

Just another artificial "buy more shit now!"-day or does it go back 1192 when there was an eclipse and Liam Macalister fell drunk in a cesspit? ;)

Made my day ;).

Thanks for the thread though, I won't buy MTX then until they announce what they do. Apart from that, also thanks to those that explained what black Friday means and where the term comes from.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
-
Last edited by BizzaOSRS on Apr 11, 2023, 8:04:13 AM
Heyyyy... 'Black Friday' is an American post thanksgiving stuff-your-face day tradition. Don't muddy it with your foreign (not USA) demands to profit from our holidaze... (yes, that was a joke).

I avoid the day like the absolute plague, as I do the one coming in the last week of December. Both are 'pile on moar debt!' marketing schemes and not even 'holy' days anymore. F* em.

Tho... yeah, it'd be nice if GGG put some decent offerings out there like 50% on tabs (especially the new one they hinted at but have not even teased).

I remember one c'mas when premium tabs were 50% off. I shoulda grabbed more then... *sigh*
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
every item they put on sale pisses off all the players who supported full price for them.

when they did that 50% sale on everything 2 years ago, they devalued all the reputational stuff players were really proud of like the lightning scorpion. crazy, i would have stopped supporting if i had bought that crazy expensive pet before, lol.

all they do now is damage control and trying to get back some of the trust so some whales are motivated to spend their points on the pricy things. i'm still sitting on 4k points not knowing what to buy. i will never use the tabs and mtx i bought and ggg isn't offering me anything permanently valuable either.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 21, 2017, 4:07:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info