[3.1] 9K ES CI Death Aura Occultist (updated for 3.1)

Since a lot of people are complaining about budgets and are even pming me about it for some reason:

https://pastebin.com/spWXE5eU

This Pastebin contains a super budget PoB setup for this build.

Item prices on poe.trade

Weapon - 1 Alch/Chisel

Shield - 3-7 Chaos

Body Armour - 1 C + 120 Chromes + 700-1000 Jewellers

Helmet - 5-10 Chaos + Haku5 mod

Gloves - 1-3 Chaos

Boots - 1 Chaos + Haku5 Mod

Belt - 1 Chaos

Rings - 1-3 Chaos each + Leo3 mod

Amulet - 2-5 Chaos + Elreon4 mod

Jewels - 1 Chaos each

Flasks - 1-5 Chaos each

Vaal Grace - 4 Chaos or gamble with 1-6 Vaal orbs on a Grace Gem from the vendor.

This is for level 90 with 8k ES and enough damage for T10-T12 and Oba's or semi-afking Coward's Trial. You can stay with a 5S Death's Oath if 6S is still too expensive and play T1-T9 just fine.
You can even selfcraft most of the gear or you'll be able to get way more ES on your helmet and shield by swapping more res to other slots like rings and jewels without paying more.
"
Kade_wolf wrote:
The build will clear maps faster than most.
The build's survival against harder hitting targets is when it becomes questionable.
It's not a boss build.
It really shines against maps.

My build on standard clears T16 maps without flinching.
Degen mods are the only one you can't do(if you're life based).

I was wondering why things you were saying about this build didn't make sense to me and I just saw you are playing it on scion. Were you trying to play it as ES on scion at first also? That would explain why you had a problem with stun. On occultist with brine king pantheon + vile bastion, stun isn't an issue at all. Hard hits aren't a problem either with the high ES pool and all the other defensive mechanisms on the build. In the main video I posted for the build I took a burrow from Mino and slam from shaper and still had at least 1k ES left if I remember correctly (which then recharges back up to full in like 2 seconds, whereas a life based version I'm guessing only regens back to maybe halfway and then gets hit by a second semi-hard hit that kills it or maybe doesn't even have a high enough life pool to take a burrow in the first place).

Scion seems like it could be interesting for mapping, but I can definitely see why it wouldn't be as good for bosses.
"
Kilmaurs wrote:
I wanna upgrade gems, but not sure which ones to upgrade. Can you tell me in order of importance which gems I should be upgrading first? Thanks

Just the main gems in the chest? And by upgrade do you mean quality?

20Q blasphemy and especially despair add more damage (~4.7k in PoB with both 20q), but just remember it's curse damage, so it's not as effective on bosses, just trash in maps. In that sense, it might be better to upgrade them first while leveling killing trash, then do the chest gems after.

The 4 chest gems you need to quality only add ~3k damage in PoB when all are 20q (arcane surge and less duration don't need quality). You can do those 4 in whatever order. They are all 10% mods when 20q, so they add the same dmg.
"
ukab wrote:
I tried Inspired Learning because I thought it's fun, but haven't seen much use of it.. Most of the mods aren't really fitting this char. What are some good mods you'd like to copy?

Is it actually good or just a meme?

Fun is an end in itself. =P

The haste and ES mods are nice when you get them, otherwise it's mostly a meme that lets you get to re-experience the awesomeness of what auras used to look like years ago before their appearance got nerfed on players to help improve performance.
Last edited by alester237 on Jan 20, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
I was wondering how you get so much Chaos Resist?
"
lfraphael wrote:
I was wondering how you get so much Chaos Resist?

You mean on the CI version? CI = immune to chaos dmg = 100 chaos res.
Does conc effect in Deaths Oath reduce the area of effect of the death aura?
Would Controlled Destruction be a good replacement if I want more AOE?
"
ukab wrote:
Does conc effect in Deaths Oath reduce the area of effect of the death aura?
Would Controlled Destruction be a good replacement if I want more AOE?

Yes, Conc Effect reduces the AoE and Controlled Destruction doesn't work because of the Death Aura missing the spell tag.

The wiki for Death's Oath lists every important thing about the aura.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Oath
Is that helmet a good choise if i got already all my resistance fine, it's look cool cuz it's got a nice enargy shield boost and for now on lvl 71 with 1 Energy from within and all auras i got only 3.3k ES and it's far far away from 9k xD But tree is not end soo i hope it will change on lvl 80, all my eq to check :

EDIT: i change some items and i see it's much better now cuz i got 4.5 ES and still im lvl 73 only

I like this boots cuz of phasing but maybe it will be better if i put some flat ES

EDIT2 :

Ohhh i need some answers :D
For now my tree is feel up and i dont see more options for more ES and i got 5.3k ES only maybe not full lvl gems but like i see its can boost me max to 6k. My items are good maybe not perfect but good and i dont see how i can get this 9k ES and i start think i do smth wrong. Here u have my items now( i know belt can be better like + 40 ES but it's not change much):
Last edited by MisFilemon on Jan 26, 2018, 10:18:44 PM
"
MisFilemon wrote:

EDIT2 :

Ohhh i need some answers :D
For now my tree is feel up and i dont see more options for more ES and i got 5.3k ES only maybe not full lvl gems but like i see its can boost me max to 6k. My items are good maybe not perfect but good and i dont see how i can get this 9k ES and i start think i do smth wrong. Here u have my items now( i know belt can be better like + 40 ES but it's not change much):

You're missing around 200-300 flatES from boots, helmet and shield and another 20-60 flatES from your belt. Your Ventor's Gamble is completely useless because it's missing quantity and quantity is the only reason for a Ventor's. Not a single rare item has int on it. Even your Death's Oath has a low attributes roll. You're overcapped on all ele res by 80% and are still not using a Moonstone Ring base for 25 flatES. All your flasks are missing quality and your Quicksilver Flask doesn't have prefix. And for some reason you decided to use a Wise Oak on a pure chaos build.

But after all of that you're just running 2 auras on an aura build. Your second curse doesn't get applied because you're missing Whispers of Doom.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Jan 27, 2018, 6:45:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info