[3.1] 9K ES CI Death Aura Occultist (updated for 3.1)

Blade Vortex in here makes a big difference
livejamie
Small update for 3.2 Occultist changes:

Vile Bastion:

- 150 flat ES => 450 to 600 additional ES.
- 1% ES regen on killing recently instead of 0.5% but capped at 30%/s.
- Stun immunity while we have ES.

Profane Bloom:

- Lost the 10% more damage on cursed enemies.
- Can apply curses to hexproof enemies.
- 5% increased effect of curses.

What does this change for us:

- More ES means even better and cheaper as a "Starter". We can reach 9-10k ES pretty easily and go for more damage with new uniques and MF gear or reach 11k ES with insane items.

- We can now go for a different major pantheon node(Solaris/Lunaris) because of stun immunity. We might even be able to go completly stupid and run blood rage for 12% more damage.

- We can now run every single map mod except for no regen.

This looks interesting this build. I think I'll try it.

A few questions:
1) Still good in 3.2?
2) How much does it cost to gear it up?
3) How is leveling with this build (what skills(s) do you use)?
4) At what level does this build "kick in"... as in, when can you switch to pure auras and run around killing stuff like in the video?

Thanks... hoping to get this going :)
"
brunowa wrote:
This looks interesting this build. I think I'll try it.

A few questions:
1) Still good in 3.2?
2) How much does it cost to gear it up?
3) How is leveling with this build (what skills(s) do you use)?
4) At what level does this build "kick in"... as in, when can you switch to pure auras and run around killing stuff like in the video?

Thanks... hoping to get this going :)

1) 3.2 buffs Occultist as mentioned above, there might be 1-4 new uniques to choose from but other than that nothing changes.

2) Self-quote from page 6 or something:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

https://pastebin.com/spWXE5eU

This Pastebin contains a super budget PoB setup for this build.

Item prices on poe.trade

Weapon - 1 Alch/Chisel

Shield - 3-7 Chaos

Body Armour - 1 C + 120 Chromes + 700-1000 Jewellers

Helmet - 5-10 Chaos + Haku5 mod

Gloves - 1-3 Chaos

Boots - 1 Chaos + Haku5 Mod

Belt - 1 Chaos

Rings - 1-3 Chaos each + Leo3 mod

Amulet - 2-5 Chaos + Elreon4 mod

Jewels - 1 Chaos each

Flasks - 1-5 Chaos each

Vaal Grace - 4 Chaos or gamble with 1-6 Vaal orbs on a Grace Gem from the vendor.

3 & 4) The skill tree is pretty basic when you start the character. You can use pretty much any spell and respec spell damage later. I used ED + Contagion in 3.1 which is fine but on the slower side of things, other people used freezing pulse, similar spells or totems. Level 62 + 2 labs are the minimum but I'd recommend you to finish A10 Kitava first.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Feb 26, 2018, 10:16:23 AM
Thanks Scarletsword.

Is it just me or do none of the pastebin links work? (yours and the original post)? It's just all random alphanumeric.
Brunowa, are you importing them to Path of Building?
Hey, loving your build! I just got a %30 vulnerabiltiy boost enchant on my helm in BSC. Was wondering how effective you think that is for the build? Thanks for posting the guide, really fun build. This is my first char ever in poe :)
"
cookiecake wrote:
Hey, loving your build! I just got a %30 vulnerabiltiy boost enchant on my helm in BSC. Was wondering how effective you think that is for the build? Thanks for posting the guide, really fun build. This is my first char ever in poe :)

Vulnerability was split into vulnerability and despair in abyss league (3.1). This build uses despair now, not vulnerability, so unfortunately the enchant doesn't do anything =/.

Glad you like the build though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info