[3.1] 9K ES CI Death Aura Occultist (updated for 3.1)

"
julas90 wrote:
can i use this guide for a starter? can i run run with tabula rasa untill i collect for death oah?

Sure, just grab some cheap 1 alch caster uniques and everything will work until you reach 62 for Death's Oath.
Hi, i'm trying to build arround Blood Magic node.
Just leveled to 70 and is good for fast mapping i just have problems when i get hard hits.
I need to go out to stop aura degen (3seconds) then like 1.5 seconds to start regeneration.

I also use

as panic button to regen ES when i get some hits.

Any recommendations to start Wicked Ward faster (as im not immune with CI).
hi thx for the build ,

just one question , is that normal that i never see arcane surge proc?

thx
"
hyteria75 wrote:
hi thx for the build ,

just one question , is that normal that i never see arcane surge proc?

thx

Arcane Surge only procs when you use mana with supported skills. Death Aura doesn't use mana. The only reason for Arcane Surge is to give Death Aura the "Duration" tag which enables the use of Less Duration and Swift Affliction.
"
ivraie wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to build arround Blood Magic node.
Just leveled to 70 and is good for fast mapping i just have problems when i get hard hits.
I need to go out to stop aura degen (3seconds) then like 1.5 seconds to start regeneration.

I also use

as panic button to regen ES when i get some hits.

Any recommendations to start Wicked Ward faster (as im not immune with CI).

What kind of problems with hard hits? Is your chaos res 75? Also, are you using brine king or arakaali pantheon?

To start wicked ward faster get faster start of es recharge on your rings (you need someone with Leo 3 to craft that) and watcher's eye with faster start of es recharge.
Ideally on the bloodmagic version you would probably want a watcher's eye with - 10 mana cost and/or 1 -8 mana cost elreon ring also. With that you shouldn't drop to LL using skills and esh's visage's chaos mod should stay up all the time, so you could drop the elixir flask for something more useful like witchfire.

I've just hit 98 and tried most of the bosses because I'm pretty much done with the character.
All Guardians and Breachstones are farmable. I only died to Hydra, because I'm bad. Chayula is quite easy actually thanks to Profane Bloom. Shaper and Vaal Temple are killable but I wouldn't do it more than once. Uber Atziri on the other hand seems like a complete waste of time.

Gear for all bosses

Impresence allows the use of one additional Purity depending on the fight.

Currently leveling this character, having a blast. I was wondering if it matters if any of the gems are linked in Death's Oath?
"
Currently leveling this character, having a blast. I was wondering if it matters if any of the gems are linked in Death's Oath?

No. Links don't matter in Death's oath. I run a Death's oath with no links for example.

--------------

As an update, build worked out pretty well. Leveled to 89 with like a single death (from lvl 80) as it's extremely tanky. I went ahead and picked up an Enlighten lvl 4 and -10 mana watcher's eye; I needed to swap to an unset in order to run clarity without dropping other links. Picked up a belt with a high strength roll so I could drop most of my +str jewels. With the -10 mana watcher's eye I can run "no regen" without any problems (I save a few totem casts/shield charging for emergencies/boss since I only have a couple casts before mana runs out. Blight costs 0 mana w/ a -10 modifier). I also swap in a "purity of the elements" in place of Enfeeble if running a Ele weakness map.

I've taken out all four guardians without too much trouble. Here are my notes:

1) Hydra - If you know the fight you can do it without ever taking any damage. The slow from blight makes it even easier.

2) Phoenix - Not hard, but by far the longest fight. I did it on a temp chains map, so maybe that contributed. I couldn't tank his whirlwind so I was just hitting and running. Again, the blight slows his whirlwind down to a very slow amount so its extremely easy to dodge as long as you aren't constantly blighting. The adds instantly die from death's oath so you never have to worry about them. This fight is mostly just about dodging and slowly burning him down.

3) Minotaur - Very easy. Just avoid the burrowing hit and dodge out of the boulders. Tank the rest. The adds die on their own to death's oath.

4) Chimera - Very easy. You can probably get away with face tanking if the mods aren't bad. I did it with +fire dmg and tanked through most of it. Still helps to dash out of his circle AOE if you want to be safe.

Here was the equipment I did the four guardians in (its the same as my general mapping, I didn't change anything up):

Level 89 Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAA18DkgOXBB7EQ8RLxFQEZYVfhcvGGoZihqPGyUdFB2qHdki6iL0JLArCiy_L285UjsNPV9DVEV-RnFJE0lRSbFLrkyzUlNSr1XWWAdcQFxrXfJk52ZUZp5n_GnYavpsC20ZbWxwu3IPdZ52gnzwfqF_xoCkgwmESITFh8uIQongjHaPRo_6kQeSdJMfkyeUb5eVl_SboZu1oS-nK6ebrJi0DLVItzG7Tbv8vjq-isEAwcXDOsNtxvfIDMrTzxXQH9fP2RPZW9sa3V_fiuGI5ljndOkC6rrrY-wY74jv6_DV9HH1S_ba99f5N_rS-wn-SQ==?accountName=Aschere&characterName=AschereDeathsOath

As far as your comment on phasing, I feel I didn't need it with shield charge. I have a queen of the forest raider wander with constant phasing and I know how nice it feels, but for this build I think shield charging through packs felt just fine. I think its preference really.

I'd add that you really need three safety flasks - Dousing, Heat, and Staunching. Dousing is really important especially if you get a "all enemy hits ignite" map.

Thanks for the fun build!
Last edited by Aschere on Jan 14, 2018, 1:33:26 PM
Currently level 31. Using freezing pulse to level. Freezing pulse linked with: added lightning, faster casting, volley, controlled destr, and elemental focus. Need some leveling advice. At 31 should I still be using freezing pulse? Is there a better skill gem setup? I tried frostbolt totem, didnt really like it that much.

ATM freezing pulse just isnt hitting that hard. Trying to kill rares or bosses takes some time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
"
Kilmaurs wrote:
Currently level 31. Using freezing pulse to level. Freezing pulse linked with: added lightning, faster casting, volley, controlled destr, and elemental focus. Need some leveling advice. At 31 should I still be using freezing pulse? Is there a better skill gem setup? I tried frostbolt totem, didnt really like it that much.

ATM freezing pulse just isnt hitting that hard. Trying to kill rares or bosses takes some time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

If you have 2 freezing pulse jewels, you probably don't need the volley. I'd drop volley for added cold, cold pen, spell echo, or empower. Also, I'd probably drop ele focus for one of those gems as well, so you can still freeze stuff.

What gear are you using? In the path of building for the leveling tree, you can see the gear I used lvling in 3.0, but basically you need to get some added ele dmg from auras (anger, herald of ice, herald of thunder) and on your gear , like berek's rings, a tulborn wand + storm prison. Swap to heartbreaker + a crit dagger with ele dmg to spells on it around lvl 50, or just 2 crit + ele dmg to spell + spell dmg daggers. In 3.1 you could also get the darkness enthroned belt with some ele dmg to spell abyss jewels. You can use the same gear leveling with abberath's hooves also, if you just want to lvl with those instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info