A Four-year Release Retrospective

Wow 4 years already since I started playing POE. Initially I just felt like playing Titian Quest again on my new PC, and I saw POE. Well, that different combinations of fireball looked cool, and reminded me of FF7, and the skill tree looked amazingly complex, so I decided to give it a try. And here I am 4 years later.

Got my PhD degree, got a job of some sort, and got more free time now. Still no gf :(, but nah she and my wallet will leave me anyways.
Great inspiration post, thanks for your work and this awesome game GGG.

Sorry for my English, greetings from Ukraine :)
Not a native speaker, so...
Last edited by BananaShot on Oct 24, 2017, 11:45:56 AM
This has made me want to do nothing with the rest of my life except work at GGG :) Awesome collection of thoughts, I really enjoyed the read. Very happy for you guys in all the success you've earned.
4 years? Oh, yeah! I started playing with beta so... Much longer for me.
taiwan gateway plz
it's sad steam block the area ip
4 Years and I yet have to achieve to complete the endgame yet.. damn!

Thank you for a truly unique and awesome game!

Please pass on a couple of high fives to the next team members you see! and here's for the awesome experiences to come!
Nice job, keep it up.

You can start by fixing your nerfs to AoE, cast on crit, density, double-dipping, and making boss rewards match their HP.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Awesome read, thank you!
Can't wait to see where Path of Exile is going, still love the game very much even after all those years and changes.
Just want to say thanks for an awesome game! :)
Great write up! I know how rewarding it can be to write a thank-you note of this level =D

I joined PoE back when Garena was still hosting the game in the SEA region. Though I often hop between different games, playing for a couple weeks per game, I am proud to have PoE in my "list of games to play any time I feel like it". I have several in this list, and quite a few have already shut down since. PoE is still going strong (I had a bit of a scare when Garena stopped hosting it), and I sincerely hope it does for many more years to come!
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info