A Four-year Release Retrospective

...4 years... For some one from beta or alfa it is even more than 4. Time flies quickly, especially for older. Good luck for everyone. Play games you like, support ppl who do these games. Have a good time being.
Last edited by Aera on Oct 25, 2017, 4:14:57 PM
Congratulations, hoping for great Leagues and more Content in the future while staying true to the core of the game :)
Spoiler
Fuggin love you guys

GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
I remember when you started doing the videos for BOTW instead of Chris. It was, without a doubt, weird! But you were a great community manager (always have been) and quickly warmed us all up, especially with how often you seem to be on top of things in the community on Reddit.
A Cautionary Tale, and a second chance.....

For over two years I was enthralled with this game.
When times were tough, I logged many happy hours in Wraeclast.
I tried Hardcore, and kept a journal of over 50 deaths : where? when? who? how? how-to-survive?
The only thing I regret is I was never Griefed by ProfessorPlum on the BrokenBridge with a letter-opener.

Then the fateful day, my wife, rightly feeling upset, wrongly took the garden shears to every cable (inside and out) of my Dual SLI bearing 8-Core Tower.....it was, alas, no more.....not all of Voll's Men and Knitted Horrors could put it together again.

I lived half a life in the wilderness for nearly a year, until patch 3.0 provided the efficiency to run PoE on my Cheezy Laptop.

So from the ashes and orange puffy crunchy litter I have arisen, restored, albeit with much lower FPS, and the odd "Death By Screen Freeze". I reappeared to my GuildMates, I mentor, I level, I craft, I find Loot, and I kill Bosses.....

Thanks for your constant improvements.....and pray for my marriage ;))

Really well written, congratz to you guys and grills, you did a wonderful job, respect!
Lonewolf
The way you've described your experiences within the post made me jealous while reading it (since kid, I've always desired to be a part of a videogame development team). But as the time passes, I'm gathering more and more questions such as "Is this what I really want to do?" or "Will be worth the effort, knowing how strict are becoming the industry and playerbase?"; these sort of questions are making me thinking twice about it. At this point (and knowing myself) I'll work on something else, but I'm still looking about what I could do in case of working in the industry. We'll see, I suppose...

Anyway, in the other hand... I'm glad to know that your game has grown this tall. I played the beta and I recall it like if it was yesterday, along with the endless number of changes and additions you've implemented across these 4 years. And trust me when I say something like this, because I'm the type of person that doesn't shut up about the truth (either positive or negative criticism, but always constructive). Path of Exile is probably one of the best MMOs I've ever played, but not only because of its gameplay and mechanics, but especially because the humbleness you guys have. It's simply amazing.

This being said, I'm looking forward for the live patch (and nope, I don't wanna play beta because that would kill the first impression, I rather prefer to patiently wait instead). Keep it up the good work, and cheers!
So Bex are we celebrating these 4 years of success with some in game event or what?
Boy I'm late to this thread. I remember being the very last Diamond supporter (confirmed by Chris). I remember my son barely being able to walk when I started playing, and now he has (successfully) begged for me to open him a PoE account so he can play (and of course, to get him a bunch of points so he can play his character with more "flare").

My best description of Path of Exile is the famous Godfather quote, "Every time I get out, they pull me back in!". I keep flirting with other games but keep coming back. Love this game. Love you guys for continuing to "grind".
This game is incredibly great, thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info