Show of hands - your input requested

"
Aodui wrote:

PoE ruined easy partying by making the PoE end game leveling system tied to currency costing maps, so people generally don't just have open games where anyone can come and go as they please and start killing monsters for loot.

Instead of partying we have streamers, and people who would be having fun in groups are instead playing SSF alone while watching someone else play.

Maybe they will fix partying in the next patch (they will also have to optimize character effects...), but all I want them to do for PVP is make it last longer by reigning in the damage, because right now it is often not fun, it is harder and harder to get interesting matchups.

good point, totally agree. in ambush league, sarn was full of people who are looking to party and play tpgether. The more atziri became accessible to have killed for everyone, the lonelier people get. people became completely profit oriented. And now we have shaper. It's even worse. I met really amazing people, really interesting theorycrafters in ambush league.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 24, 2017, 7:23:04 PM
Now we have Harbinger Ladders. That's basically it. Next PvP "improvements" coming in 2019.
+1 I guess. There are obvious T-value things that really shouldn't be hard for ggg to address.. But at the same time how do they fix the bigger issues? It's a giant black hole from what i can tell. Blight is the devil but it stops ea zerphi atm. kill zerphi and scale back blight, what do they do for melee? Kill aoe so it can never hit for secondary overlaps. Yay melee can get to ranged chars. Ok what kills block? Nerf block again even though its already a weak layer in pve. Ok fine just scale block value down in PvP. We already have plenty of block pen that isn't it. How do you kill a fully dedicated tank then? It really does need a massive retuning for everyone to be happy, and that takes more than a little attention. The entire way dmg is scaled would just have to be gutted and redone. Im on board for that but it starts with getting more people to play. You been here since day one guys would have to come over to league show off a few builds and coach a bunch of nubbins up.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I'm just bummed that this game is made based on the love they had for Diablo 2 and that the only reason Diablo 2 lasted so long was the fact that PvP was a thing. That was the culmination of your PvE experience and your grind for items. The whole reason why you even got gear in the first place. You beat the game, got the sweet gear and then came the time to go slap the living shit out of some noobs and slam your e-cock around.

This is something Blizzard North never thought would happen and never supported officially (maybe a couple of tweaks from time to time). It's time to realize that the memories that you got of D2 pvp have more to do with nostalgia than proper pvp experience.

Despite the fact that it was very clunky (lol at the hostile button and the ears), the only reason it was successful is because there was nothing similar to battle.net at the time. Lobbies, friend list, private game, whispers,ect... This was non-existent and you had to coordinate with friends using AIM or MSN (or ICQ for the dinosaurs) to join the same server using custom IP address to play together. Now we have countless of better game, designed specifically with pvp in mind, who offer the same functions.

PvP was NOT D2 end game, it's the players who made it that way. And the only reason it can't happen here is because everyone (including me and most of you, be honest about it) is a massive douchebag who like to exploit whatever unfair advantage the game offer them to get a small ego boost instead of trying to work on fair rules. The fact that this game is also VERY RMT friendly for end game gearing (lol at the mirror crafting system) is also adding to the pile of crap that is PoE PvP.

Seriously, how long have we been knowing each others ? Years... And yet the community as not grown at all (maybe we got one or two regular member a year). Time to face the reality, the pvp side of this game is dead and it's not gonna change anytime soon (Lapiz explained extremely well why).

I'm gonna have to disagree about the nostalgia part. I didn't just play D2 as a kid, I played it throughout the vast majority of its active years. I was invited to private PvP realms for tournaments. The classic PvP was most active because of the better balance. The whole "ip address" thing was exclusively for open b.net and LAN.

It really did keep the game alive. It feels like those who merely tried out D2 as a kid missed out on that aspect of the game in its later years where the game became primarily PvP centric. It really was the end game that made you want to make new builds.

Now as for your comment concerning PoE's PvP community, I completely agree. Nothing really improved. And it won't. And the devs don't care. This part of the game is long dead. Some of us tried, but this shit ain't happening. Let's just please move on lol
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Oct 24, 2017, 10:21:56 PM
+1 if LLD is included I'm in. Imho it has more counter play, and much lower cost of entry. If the goal is capturing new players more are going to be willing to try LLD first.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
+ Imho it has more counter play, and much lower cost of entry.

That s urban legend, not in poe. LLD is way more expensive.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

It doesn't even matter which is more expensive, just the illusion that PvP costs $$$ is enough to drive most people away.
"
mimivirus wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
ripnburn69 wrote:

It doesn't even matter which is more expensive, just the illusion that PvP costs $$$ is enough to drive most people away.

It's not so much the fact that there is a cost to entry to get into PvP content, at least if you want to actually compete, but more that LLD gear is strictly useless outside of LLD. There are very few instances of items in high level PvP that are useless in PvE content, whereas low level is the contrary. Aside from jewels and flasks, I don't think I've ever really used any of my low level gear for anything but PvP and leveling new characters. There are exceptions, such as a +2 Skin of the Loyal, or a Lords with a good keystone, but they are very few.

You can jump right into high level PvP and have a bit of fun with a well built PvE character, you might now win a lot, but you can have some fun at the least. To jump into low level PvP you need to buy specific and often very expensive gear. And queuing into a fight against someone with dozens of exalts invested into a character versus your 20 chaos gear set is very frustrating. Can't really blame anyone either, since there's no reason to waste exalts on low level PvP when you could spend them on a high level PvP and PvE functioning character.

Low level has a far higher cost of entry, but has a far lower ceiling for what you need to invest in order to reach the top. Though I guess that's just expected since you don't see mirror low level items. That'd be retarded.

Back to the main topic though, I'd be willing to +1 if some of the shit gets dealt with. I seem to find myself coming back to high level Sarn every month or so, only to be driven away in less than a few hours. High level has at least a decent number of members, whereas low level is pretty much only one or two people online at a time. Hard to find a decently fun match in either nowadays.
"
To jump into low level PvP you need to buy specific and often very expensive gear.

You talking about standard or what?

I would hardly call goldrims, elreon rings, and 1 chaos unique's, hard or expensive to get, in a challenge league. I have put a 20 chaos LLD build in the top 10 in every challenge league since forever.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Oct 25, 2017, 9:19:50 PM
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
"
To jump into low level PvP you need to buy specific and often very expensive gear.

You talking about standard or what?

I would hardly call goldrims, elreon rings, and 1 chaos unique's, hard or expensive to get, in a challenge league. I have put a 20 chaos LLD build in the top 10 in every challenge league since forever.

Yes, I was referring to standard, however what I was talking about does generally apply to challenge leagues just to a lesser extent. Even if your build is only worth a small amount, 20 chaos or even an exalt, that's still currency spent on an area of the game that is for the most part irrelevant, and could be otherwise spent elsewhere. Even if it isn't a lot of currency for most, people will see it as a waste of investment as PvP has absolutely no returns.

Characters in standard will pretty much always be more powerful than characters in league when it comes to low level, especially when compared to a build with 20 chaos invested. I was talking about the absolute highest level, which is obviously not a build worth 20 chaos. I'm not trying to be arrogant, but a character with 20 chaos invested into it wouldn't last half a second against a standard-level PvP character.

And I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but top 10 in low level PvP, regardless of the league, isn't very impressive. When you're the in the top 10 out of maybe 20 people that isn't saying all that much. The ladder doesn't really matter that much for any category of PvP to be honest, except for maybe high level in standard, though all it really means there is who has the best cheese.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info