Show of hands - your input requested

"
biyte wrote:
lurker here, "+1", why not.

Also sometimes the same person views same thread multiple times there is a new post (the thread pin turns "green") which is why view count vs post count doesn't necessarily reflect number of people reading the thread vs not hoping for support. Maybe in reality only like 20 people read the thread, first guy read it 15 times since 10-15 post, second guy read it up to 14 times since 14 posts, etc.

That's good to know. It does change the mood considerably.
+1 I guess?

I'm just bummed that this game is made based on the love they had for Diablo 2 and that the only reason Diablo 2 lasted so long was the fact that PvP was a thing. That was the culmination of your PvE experience and your grind for items. The whole reason why you even got gear in the first place. You beat the game, got the sweet gear and then came the time to go slap the living shit out of some noobs and slam your e-cock around.

Somewhere along the way, people forgot that. PoE's PvE experience was so deep and compelling to people that they just dismissed PvP entirely here and it's never going to change. I've heard countless times people say "ARPGs aren't meant to have PvP". And I'm just like? What the fuck did you just say you god damn uneducated hillbilly? The ARPG that started it all would NEVER have survived without it's passionate PvP community.

Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I'm just bummed that this game is made based on the love they had for Diablo 2 and that the only reason Diablo 2 lasted so long was the fact that PvP was a thing. That was the culmination of your PvE experience and your grind for items. The whole reason why you even got gear in the first place. You beat the game, got the sweet gear and then came the time to go slap the living shit out of some noobs and slam your e-cock around.

This is something Blizzard North never thought would happen and never supported officially (maybe a couple of tweaks from time to time). It's time to realize that the memories that you got of D2 pvp have more to do with nostalgia than proper pvp experience.

Despite the fact that it was very clunky (lol at the hostile button and the ears), the only reason it was successful is because there was nothing similar to battle.net at the time. Lobbies, friend list, private game, whispers,ect... This was non-existent and you had to coordinate with friends using AIM or MSN (or ICQ for the dinosaurs) to join the same server using custom IP address to play together. Now we have countless of better game, designed specifically with pvp in mind, who offer the same functions.

PvP was NOT D2 end game, it's the players who made it that way. And the only reason it can't happen here is because everyone (including me and most of you, be honest about it) is a massive douchebag who like to exploit whatever unfair advantage the game offer them to get a small ego boost instead of trying to work on fair rules. The fact that this game is also VERY RMT friendly for end game gearing (lol at the mirror crafting system) is also adding to the pile of crap that is PoE PvP.

Seriously, how long have we been knowing each others ? Years... And yet the community as not grown at all (maybe we got one or two regular member a year). Time to face the reality, the pvp side of this game is dead and it's not gonna change anytime soon (Lapiz explained extremely well why).
Last edited by IceDeal on Oct 24, 2017, 11:36:20 AM
We just need Greendude 2.0.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
The pvp community will only get smaller as more games come out too. Most people waiting for pvp updates have quit and comeback for pve updates for a month or two and then quit again. The chance for pvp to boom has come and gone, imo it will never take off again. I wish we had the tools to organize and balance pvp as a community but we dont. Everyone will push for the most powerful build in the meta since there is nothing to stop them from doing so. Sadly I have been playing other pvp games and I find myself enjoying them much more than poe lately. I hope to see an evolution in PoE PvP but I am not very optimistic anymore.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
I'm just bummed that this game is made based on the love they had for Diablo 2 and that the only reason Diablo 2 lasted so long was the fact that PvP was a thing. That was the culmination of your PvE experience and your grind for items. The whole reason why you even got gear in the first place. You beat the game, got the sweet gear and then came the time to go slap the living shit out of some noobs and slam your e-cock around

times changed..... A LOOOOOOTTTTT.

people get bored very easily now, market is totally over saturated with pvp games. there is no possibility that GGG invest on pvp and that would make the game stay alive.

what we could ask is just that to assign some devs, 2 or 3, keep contact with us and fix the T values.
That'd be all, seriously.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Oct 24, 2017, 9:11:55 AM
+1

I really like pvp here in POE, and I only push to acquire currency for the sake of playing it. But I rarely login lately as I can't bear the abuse of skills in sarn (EA zerphi, winter enchant, AOE overlap, etc).

I only play melee, and yeah its dumb.. but i just cant stand playing an offscreener, id rather just not play at all.

"
MyPath017 wrote:
+1

I really like pvp here in POE, and I only push to acquire currency for the sake of playing it. But I rarely login lately as I can't bear the abuse of skills in sarn (EA zerphi, winter enchant, AOE overlap, etc).

I only play melee, and yeah its dumb.. but i just cant stand playing an offscreener, id rather just not play at all.

Mulla will like you.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Nov 4, 2017, 1:58:11 AM
Thats a very good point, I gotta say I am sick of solo PvE in poe. Its alright but I did really like grinding end game with a full party on DII. I never thought about it like that but I think you are absolutely right about maps isolating eachother because of the currency gain. I had a friend offer to party with me but he wanted multiple exalts for his time and maps, which is alright but that just proves Aodui's point. : (
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info