Game legit dead?

If you only play leagues without touching standard and you don't consider you character getting "wiped" or "deleted" after the league ends, you really are delusional.

I am part of that minority that only play standard. And for the child of satan, i have no idea how the hell am i considered a minority.

It's like playing an MMO that gets wiped out every 4 months. Why the hell would anyone grind temporary loot and temporary experience and be OK with it. To hoard stuff in standard they will never ever use?

Even in Real Life i'm always considered "the weird one", but people's mindsets don't make any sense to me.
"
ShadyC wrote:
Once it's 8 PM EST, everything stops. Can't buy anything. Nothing sells.

Seems to pick back up at about... 10 AM, honestly. Like a legit 14 hour blackout period every day.

A semi-active game is not like this.

Exactly why we need the asynchronous trade function that Chris said would be coming soon and that was years ago. The sellers are AFK and with good reason. Harbinger is referred to as Garbinger by many players after the great Legacy challenge league we just had last spring. So going off to play other arpgs is the norm for this UNchallenging league.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
PayneK wrote:
If you only play leagues without touching standard and you don't consider you character getting "wiped" or "deleted" after the league ends, you really are delusional.

With respect, I thought it obvious that people who value their characters in Standard are people who play in Standard. You're assuming that I don't play Standard, then after putting words in my mouth, turning around and calling me delusional. If your assumptions about me don't seem to make sense, why not reconsider your assumptions instead of throwing insults around?

I'd assume most people actively play multiple characters - and want to differentiate them as much as possible so they don't burn out too quickly. One of the ways I try to make characters feel different is by playing different combinations of temp leagues, Standard, and SSF. My friends are the same, though they tend to play a lot of SSF and Hardcore challenge leagues, whereas I default to challenge leagues with a bit of Standard & small amounts of SSF thrown in.

Even though I sometimes play Standard, I mostly play during the first third to first half of a challenge league before losing interest. That's for a few reasons - ease / convenience of trading, how many of my friends are playing at the time, other games catching my interest, etc.

I play Standard, but I could never only play Standard. So when the challenge league experience is subpar I don't play either. I'm not sure how well I'm explaining it, but hopefully it makes sense.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Expecting rational thought in a "game is dead" thread? You should know better by now.
@sarno

then you are a minority like me and i'm not talking about you ....the majority never touch standard
Legacy League was excellent - thanks to Leaguestones.

Harbinger League is very boring...

I hope the next league will be much better than Harbinger.
"
PayneK wrote:
@sarno

then you are a minority like me and i'm not talking about you ....the majority never touch standard

Hmmm... If that's true then most that have played for years are ignoring the huge amount of uniques they should have now and thus are ignoring some very interesting build possibilities once the challenge league is "one and done".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Nothing stops GGG from giving all currently running league mechanics to standard, only without challenges/leaderboards and fresh start that league offers.

While all those that like fresh start and leagues could play and still disregard standard as it still wouldn't affect them. Shows only how standard is still perceived as dumpster by devs all these years.

I only play leagues to get all those new items for standard which i will never play cause there are always again new items to gain in league. And the cycle repeats.
Spreading salt since 2006
Nah. The game isn't dead but Harbinger league is a bit dead at the moment. It's the same thing with every league. After a while a lot of the playerbase reach their goals and take a break for a while.

If you want to play PoE at the moment you need to embrace the fact that trading is hard now. Maybe give SSF a go until the next league is coming out.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Nah. The game isn't dead but Harbinger league is a bit dead at the moment. It's the same thing with every league. After a while a lot of the playerbase reach their goals and take a break for a while.

If you want to play PoE at the moment you need to embrace the fact that trading is hard now. Maybe give SSF a go until the next league is coming out.

Yup and if they dont bring back density in red tier maps or make it fun in another way, Ill quit again 1-2 weeks into the league and keep my wallet firmly closed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info