Game legit dead?

"
Frankenberry wrote:
Nah. The game isn't dead but Harbinger league is a bit dead at the moment. It's the same thing with every league. After a while a lot of the playerbase reach their goals and take a break for a while.

If you want to play PoE at the moment you need to embrace the fact that trading is hard now. Maybe give SSF a go until the next league is coming out.

I personally cut down my trading dramatically this league, and because of it really like this game much less. I like trading and building currency for high end items. I think i am done with POE now unless they actually upgrade trade. It is pathetic they want to keep it hard or keep it outsourced to third parties.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
We are close to 3 months in, ofc the league is pretty much over.

The density change helped it to go down a little faster for me, spamming beachheads is only so fun.
Funny 8PM EST is basically when the league traffic picks up.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Nah. The game isn't dead but Harbinger league is a bit dead at the moment. It's the same thing with every league. After a while a lot of the playerbase reach their goals and take a break for a while.

If you want to play PoE at the moment you need to embrace the fact that trading is hard now. Maybe give SSF a go until the next league is coming out.

I personally cut down my trading dramatically this league, and because of it really like this game much less. I like trading and building currency for high end items. I think i am done with POE now unless they actually upgrade trade. It is pathetic they want to keep it hard or keep it outsourced to third parties.

There is a pretty damn good reason why they keep trading "hard". The smaller transaction cost (in PoE this is time) the more gear and wealth you gain from trading. You will end up in a situation where playing the game is not really bringing you any closer to the gear you want since trading becomes mandatory to a higher degree (because prices will be rising).

I get that people don't like whispering 20 players being afk when they want to buy a 1c-5c unique for leveling a new character but beyond that I think things are pretty good as they are.
Original Poster legit troll?
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

There is a pretty damn good reason why they keep trading "hard". The smaller transaction cost (in PoE this is time) the more gear and wealth you gain from trading. You will end up in a situation where playing the game is not really bringing you any closer to the gear you want since trading becomes mandatory to a higher degree (because prices will be rising).

I get that people don't like whispering 20 players being afk when they want to buy a 1c-5c unique for leveling a new character but beyond that I think things are pretty good as they are.

Well i am not spending any more time wasted not playing a game i want to play. That time they want people to waste is nothing but making people waste time. People want smooth trade interactions so they can play the game, or atleast i know i do.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
I'm betting it has more to do with 3.0 than the league.Certain people just can't admit 3.0 was terribly implemented. GGG had the chance to introduce so much more content into the core game. But no, they love their atlas. 3.0 so predictable, easy and boring. I'm simply never going to be able to convince myself to finish the game a second time around. Legit dead? Depends on how little money GGG is willing to continue on.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
I have absolutely no problems to trade. Not dead at all, at least in hc harbinger.
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Yup and if they dont bring back density in red tier maps or make it fun in another way, Ill quit again 1-2 weeks into the league and keep my wallet firmly closed.

+1
dunno tbh, I think I had 1 exalt to my name on standard at the start of harbinger and have managed to make and then spend about 500 exalts in that time on standard league. Today so far I seem to have accumulated 4 exalts and about 200 chaos from trade that I didnt have this morning when I woke up.

There does seem to be a quite dry patch each day thats oddly around the time youd expect peak traffic. I tend to put this down to the spread of traders, I feel like I make the most money off peak, presumably because theres less people on so Im more likely to be the guy whos online, maybe the dozens of people with lowball price tags that would soak up my customers are offline so ppl who want an item right now are stuck with me? There seems to be a particularly good period around 6-9 am gmt where I get bombarded for high price, potentially overpriced items.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info