[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Notes on non-instant leech

Instant leech allowed crit builds to get away with relatively low EHP pools as they could just leech back any life lost instantly.

With normie leech rules an important thing to understand is that the higher your life pool, the faster you leech.

I'm currently trying to iterate the passive tree to include more life nodes and I've added several suggestions of item choices resulting in a higher total life pool. Just be aware that high maximum life is now much more important than it used to be. This is also why I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a blasphemy enfeeble with PC generation that doesn't require the Blue Dream.
New and improved passive trees added, including leveling section. The old tree had 5 sockets and 182% life, new one has 4 sockets and 200% inc life. There are three sockets within 3 points each if you want more of them, there is also easy access to a few more life and resist nodes. The new tree does not include VP for now but I've added an alternate version which does include it.

For now aura recommendation remains Wrath+HoI with curse on hit assassin's mark until you can get the Blue Dream, at which point you should switch to blasphemy enfeeble with HoI and HoT.

If you want to be extra defensive from the get-go you can use blasphemy enfeeble, HoI, HoT and an automated PC generation setup with either CWDT-Blade vortex-PCoC or Vengeance-PCoC-Inc Crit. These methods of PC generation are not nearly as reliable as the HoI curse on hit method, especially since this is an evasion/dodge based build, but they do work.

Added notes on Fertile Mind to alleviate int burden while gearing.

Added notes on flasks, Vinktar is not nearly as good anymore so Wise Oak is now viable, needing a life flask takes up a slot so now curse flask should be swapped in as needed rather than kept equipped at all times.
Thanks for all the work on this, can't wait to try this out! Really glad you took the time to update.
Thanks for the update!! XD
Hey do you think that dual foils is a valid alternartive to lycosidae?
"
claydbp wrote:
Hey do you think that dual foils is a valid alternartive to lycosidae?

The answer to this question is a bit complicated so bear with me here.

The problem with dual wield cyclone is that cyclone has no weapon restrictions, so you can't use a stat-stick dual wield setup like you can with sunder, blade flurry etc. This means that the one of your weapons that is worse will be dragging your DPS down. You do gain 10% more attack speed, which is significant for a flat ele build like this one.

The passive tree isn't favorable for dual wield with elemental damage either; most of the dual wield nodes increase physical damage and block, which are useless stats for this build. There is one cluster (Twin terrors) that gives a lot of crit chance, though.

Also, if you dual wield you will need to use whirling blades, which is slower than shield charge for this build since it has so much movement speed.

Can dual wield increase DPS compared to lycosidae? Yes, but it requires very heavy investment. If you have two good foils (ideally two copies of the same item, one or both mirrored) and high accuracy rolls on accessories and gloves, it could be a DPS increase to one good foil + lycosidae.

Is dual wield a valid alternative to a rare shield if you can't afford lycosidae just yet? Definitely. The 10% more attack speed is very strong for an ele build like this one. Rare shields offer strong defensive stats but if your damage is lacking DW is worth trying out. You should use Path of Building to test it for your character.

I will admit that I haven't actually explored DW too much for this particular build but I will add it to the list of things I want to test. I hope my reply answered your question.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 10, 2017, 5:44:26 PM
"
I will admit that I haven't actually explored DW too much for this particular build but I will add it to the list of things I want to test. I hope my reply answered your question

Hey thank you for the answer Euploid, i will give it a go until i can get the currency to buy a lycosidae, i will try twin terros too.
Added the following note on blood rage:
Blood Rage
- If you're using VP I wouldn't recommend using Blood Rage, but if you just have Vitality Void there's no reason not to use it just for the attack speed. Furthermore, if you use Blood Rage there is a strong synergistic effect with CWDT-Immortal Call and Soul of Arakaali's first secondary benefit: "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently". Blood rage's degen is physical, IC makes you immune to physical and triggers the 50% increased recovery, which then applies to leech, making you leech much faster.

Reworked Pantheon section:
Pantheon

Major
Lunaris has strong benefits for mapping.

Solaris is good for single-target encounters.

Arakaali's first secondary effect has strong synergy with Blood rage and CWDT-Immortal Call. "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently". Blood rage's degen is physical, IC makes you immune to physical and triggers the 50% increased recovery, which then applies to leech, making you leech much faster.

Minor

Yugul used to be the default choice but with the reflect rework it's only good if you're actually doing a reflect map.

Ryslatha is fantastic for lab.

Shakari is probably the best "default" choice at the moment, since there's not much chaos res available for this build.

Garukhan is nice for movement speed if you have the secondary effect and the evasion is also good.

Added notes on DW, both to gearing section and to last "extra info" section.
One of the new uniques could be very useful for this build: Tombfist gloves intimidate on hit with a murderous eye jewel socketed, which frees up the belt slot from Belt of the Deceiver, letting you use a rare leather belt or a stygian vise with resists and EDWA. Worth exploring.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 11, 2017, 10:08:04 AM
Hello, seems like rly fun build. Im interested in trying it out. How's the defence of the build? Seems like its not totally glasscannon. How about viability without acuity? Also if you got path of building pastebin would be nice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info