[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

soooooooooo, VP nerf, wtf do we do now :/ i tried no VP and its hard to like yeah its hard hahaha
"
Lanzatron wrote:
Is this a viable choice to use as a league starter? or is it really only good for a second build
even with the recent nerfs

Read the FAQ.

"
Melfeitale wrote:
soooooooooo, VP nerf, wtf do we do now :/ i tried no VP and its hard to like yeah its hard hahaha

Waiting for all patch notes before I say anything conclusive. So far I think it will still be okay with VP+vitality void and enfeeble if you just run a life flask. Might have to invest more in defensive nodes and stuff.
Alright, VP was nerfed as expected, lycosidae is now more rare and Ruthless cannot be used with cyclone. Nothing else in patch notes affects this build.

I will have to do some testing on my character when the patch is launched but as I've said before I think the build will be fine with VP, vitality void and a life flask. Might not even need VP, but we'll have to wait for launch to see.

Using Wrath+HoI will probably not be advisable for mapping anymore, the lack of instant leech means other defensive layers become much more important.

I suspect the passive tree will remain very similar but Enfeeble blasphemy will probably be the way to go for mapping with Wrath as an optional substitute for bossing.

For now, if you want to do this build as a league starter, add white Rawhide Tower Shields to your loot filter for chancing and try to get some accuracy on your early mapping gear. No way to know exactly how expensive Lycosidae will be until the league starts so to be safe you should assume you won't get it early.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 5, 2017, 9:12:22 PM
hmmm, ill try to change the entire build to a physical damage set xD, cause why not? xD but ieh, i like this build <3 <3 <3

+1
"
Euploid wrote:
Alright, VP was nerfed as expected, lycosidae is now more rare and Ruthless cannot be used with cyclone. Nothing else in patch notes affects this build.

I will have to do some testing on my character when the patch is launched but as I've said before I think the build will be fine with VP, vitality void and a life flask. Might not even need VP, but we'll have to wait for launch to see.

Using Wrath+HoI will probably not be advisable for mapping anymore, the lack of instant leech means other defensive layers become much more important.

I suspect the passive tree will remain very similar but Enfeeble blasphemy will probably be the way to go for mapping with Wrath as an optional substitute for bossing.

For now, if you want to do this build as a league starter, add white Rawhide Tower Shields to your loot filter for chancing and try to get some accuracy on your early mapping gear. No way to know exactly how expensive Lycosidae will be until the league starts so to be safe you should assume you won't get it early.

Cyclone can no longer be supported by Ruthless Support.
Life is too short for soft options.
Ign : Spirituus
My chara is lvl 92 but i cant seem to hit similar amount of max life or dmg as u. I have 2 jewel with 7% max life.

These are my current gear, any advice on which one to upgrade and does bronn really add so much dmg? Without Belly my max life is only at around 4.3k.
IGN: POEnoob
Last edited by lnanosl_tAy on Dec 6, 2017, 8:38:43 AM
"
Spirituus wrote:
"
Euploid wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

"
lnanosl_tAy wrote:
My chara is lvl 92 but i cant seem to hit similar amount of max life or dmg as u. I have 2 jewel with 7% max life.

These are my current gear, any advice on which one to upgrade and does bronn really add so much dmg? Without Belly my max life is only at around 4.3k.

Make your characters public so I can look at your passive tree as well.
"
Melfeitale wrote:
hmmm, ill try to change the entire build to a physical damage set xD, cause why not? xD but ieh, i like this build <3 <3 <3

+1

If you want to try phys crit cyclone with foils I suggest you look into using a different ascendancy. Raider with Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil is probably fine but if you go phys other ascendancies become viable. This character is an attempt I made at making a phys gladiator version of basically the same build. Turmoil started when I got to lvl 81 so it never went any higher than that.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 6, 2017, 12:57:43 PM
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Spirituus wrote:
"
Euploid wrote:

Yes, that's exactly what I said.

"
lnanosl_tAy wrote:

Make your characters public so I can look at your passive tree as well.

Done.
IGN: POEnoob
"
lnanosl_tAy wrote:

Spoiler

You need two more 6-7% maximum life jewels and you should replace Daresso's Salute with a rare amulet with a high life roll + multi and/or flat damage. A nice rare amulet will give you a bunch of life and should either be equivalent or slightly better than Daresso's for damage.

Daresso's Salute is only good if the rest of your gear is very good. Range is nice, resists are good, melee damage and ms on full life is nice, but good rare amulets will still give you more damage and life. I was able to find one with +1 frenzy and needed resists after switching to Acuity, that's why I use it.

An average rolled Bronn's will add around 24% DPS for your character, the damage boost is quite significant.

For passives you should spec out of the Fencing cluster and take jewel sockets and life nodes instead.

Here is a PoB pastebin of your character with the above changes, it reaches 5k life with Bronn's.

As for gear upgrades; gloves are nice but could use more resists, the rings could use some EDWA and you should probably replace the Jade flask with a Quicksilver. If you still feel like life is low after you make the above changes you can replace Belt of the deceiver with a leather belt. A rare belt with max roll EDWA is only around 2-5% worse than Belt of the Deceiver for damage.

Your jewels are also not very good, try to get multi or attack speed on all of them.

If you struggle with int requirements you can try placing a Fertile Mind in the socket near Profane Chemistry and Studious Combatant, it should give you 104 int with a max roll jewel. This will of course remove one 7% life jewel but it can make the rest of your gearing much easier if you don't have to get int on all your accessories.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info