[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
bitbite11 wrote:
Holy crap thanks for the reply, you go so in depth its amazing. Did not expect such detail when I asked for crafting tips!

Thanks heaps, I think im going to craft my own one with alts (mainly because I love alt crafting and have so much fun doing it). And exalts are super cheap atm on mayhem so going to definitely slam a few.

Hopefully I can hit something good during this 10 day.

Only problem I have so far with the build is sometimes I have mana issues, mainly on single target. Level 79 atm running t5-6 maps (breach + double beyond mostly) and without vaal pact have no issue staying alive so thats great.

Thanks again.

Happy to help! I usually try to alt/regal-craft as much of my gear as possible, picked up the habit in Breach league and it has served me very well. Alteration crafting "rules" are basically just algorithms but they are fun to figure out.

Regarding mana issues, you're not the first one to mention them. As far as I can tell the best solution is more damage. Your gems are still low level and you don't have much EDWA or flat dmg on gear yet so it will get better as you play and improve the character. Make sure to switch to conc effect beforehand if you expect a boss encounter to be long. You could also try a mana gain on hit jewel.
So I have this foil so far, not sure how to proceed with it, mainly due to the lack of availability of high level vagans.

Spoiler

Do I craft multi and exalt? Finding a high level vagan or multi modding it ( how to multi mod weapons btw? never done it on a wep before, is it through elereon?) may be hard in the 10 day race.

Thanks in advance :D
Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 28, 2017, 11:21:22 AM
edit: somehow double posted my bad
Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 28, 2017, 8:14:12 AM
"
bitbite11 wrote:
So I have this foil so far, not sure how to proceed with it, mainly due to the lack of availability of high level vagans.

Spoiler

Do I craft multi and exalt? Finding a high level vagan or multi modding it ( how to multi mod weapons btw? never done it on a wep before, is it through elereon?) may be hard in the 10 day race.

Thanks in advance :D

That foil is a good base to exalt in 10-day. T3 attack speed and t2 crit, both max rolled. The flat fire has a low bottom roll but the top roll is high. I would just craft crit multi and exalt twice.

You won't be able to multimod in the 10-day leagues, no one will have any lvl 8 masters. Even if you could, ele foils are usually not worth multimodding. Multimod is a suffix so you'd be giving up crit multi only to gain two mastercrafted flat ele rolls. Ele weapons worth multimodding are usually rares found in the wild that have 3 t1 flat rolls or something like that with bad suffixes. Then you suffix scour and multimod if you intend to use the weapon - or if you have infinite exalts you suffix scour and exalt until you get 2 good suffixes.

Multimodded weapons are typically phys rolls. For that process you usually start with a base weapon that has t1-2 %IPD and either a high flat phys roll or no flat phys roll and an open prefix OR T1 hybrid IPD/accuracy with high flat phys + open prefix or two open prefixes. Assuming suffixes are bad you craft Prefixes cannot be changed and scour. Then you multimod and craft attack speed, crit chance, flat phys and/or %IPD if you started with hybrid IPD/accuracy.

This foil I bought for a gladiator cyclone character is an example of a bad multimod. This flat cold was not worth 2 exalts. Better choice by far for this base would be to just craft crit chance and exalt twice or simply leave it with the crit craft alone.
Last edited by Euploid on Nov 28, 2017, 9:03:49 PM
that's nice?
"
MaximWrynn wrote:
that's nice?

That foil is decent, but I probably wouldn't have multimodded it myself. I think you can usually get better ele foils than that for 4 ex.

That foil is actually a good example of why EDPS is not the number you should be looking at. Your Corruption Barb has 373 EDPS, which is very high. My Blood Song has 261 EDPS, and yet when I plug Corruption Barb into my PoB it's an 11% DPS loss compared to Blood Song.

Just goes to show that the suffixes are more important than the flat ele prefixes.
Spoiler

Sad times about my weapon.

Loving this build, been doing mostly shaped race courses, and it has handled everything so far. Double beyond breach maps I can just cyclone through like butter. And the invasion bosses are usually no threat. Raiders immune to ailments makes many of them not so obnoxious.

Mana seems to be solved for now, or atleast I just back off for a second and things are fine, not really a big issue.

The only other problem I have run into is res and HP. Taking the scion res nodes now just to make gearing a bit easier so I can hopefully squeeze in belt of the deceiver. Looking at opal rings its going to be hard to find something with decent dps and life (atleast in mayhem).

And life will always be an issue in a build that uses half its slots on uniques, however I am at just under 5k which is pretty impressive, and with decent enough play is mostly fine, the fast playstyle more than makes up for it.

Thanks for the response about crafting and whatnot, your a super helpful guy, and I love the in depth guide :)

Last edited by bitbite11 on Nov 29, 2017, 5:45:00 AM
Hey, Just hit 90 with this character on the 10 day. This was my 2nd character to hit 90 on Mayhem.
Awesome guide, loved the build. Moved almost TOO fast....My internet can't keep up, I just spin, flask, and hope for the best. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler
I exalted the flat cold damage onto the foil. :D

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 1, 2017, 8:46:30 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Hey, Just hit 90 with this character on the 10 day. This was my 2nd character to hit 90 on Mayhem.
Awesome guide, loved the build. Moved almost TOO fast....My internet can't keep up, I just spin, flask, and hope for the best. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler
I exalted the flat cold damage onto the foil. :D

That foil is pretty sick for a 10-day league! Thanks for sharing, glad you enjoyed the build :)
Is this a viable choice to use as a league starter? or is it really only good for a second build
even with the recent nerfs
Last edited by Lanzatron on Dec 4, 2017, 11:46:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info