[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
x0tzki wrote:
So, I absolutely love the build so far - it is everything I have wanted in a cyclone build, and more. I have played slayer cyclone before and it didn't feel very fluid to me.

The only complaint I have is that I seem to run out of mana and end up standing still waiting for mana to regen. Any suggestions on how to fix that other than running a mana flask (that I'd have to spam use)?

I am using a qotf currently, because I had one 6L'd with 3r2g1b. I plan on eventually switching to a bronn's.

Glad you're enjoying it!

As for the mana issue. I sometimes have this issue with mana when killing bosses with Inc AoE rather than conc effect. Using conc effect seems to fix it but for general mapping I haven't really found a good fix other than conc effect. I tried picking up a second mana leech node, but it still happens sometimes. You can actually see it happen a little bit in the first showcase video for the guide when I'm killing the Vault boss. Just use the downtime to shield charge for some more leech and to proc fortify. Bronn's should also help a bit since you'll be doing more damage = more mana leech.

Another possible solution (I haven't tried it myself) is using a jewel with Mana gain on hit. Cyclone hits often enough that it should help.

The mana issue never happens when I'm hitting many things at once though. I can cast cyclone for a loooong time if there are enough mobs to hit without running out of mana. Just make sure you're using blood magic for shield charge and conc effect for difficult bosses, you should be fine for the most part.
Last edited by Euploid on Nov 4, 2017, 2:45:04 PM
"
As for the mana issue. I sometimes have this issue with mana when killing bosses with Inc AoE rather than conc effect. Using conc effect seems to fix it but for general mapping I haven't really found a good fix other than conc effect. I tried picking up a second mana leech node, but it still happens sometimes. You can actually see it happen a little bit in the first showcase video for the guide when I'm killing the Vault boss. Just use the downtime to shield charge for some more leech and to proc fortify. Bronn's should also help a bit since you'll be doing more damage = more mana leech.

I'll give this a shot, thanks for the response.
oh man, next league ill be doing this bad boy after my starter build. thats for sure.
"+2 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks" on a jewel can also help.
I received this question in a PM.
"
Why Raider and not Trickster? is it the ascendancy skills?

The main benefit of trickster for Cyclone is "Movement skills cost no mana". This allows you to reserve close to 100% of your mana and keep Shield Charge in a 3-link, freeing up a gem slot. Mana sustain can be an issue with such high attack and movement speed, so the benefit of cyclone being free is substantial. Trickster also gets free frenzy+power charge generation while mapping and +1 to each charge's maximum, freeing up either a curse slot (doesn't need assassin's mark) or a jewel socket (doesn't need blue dream).

The main issue with Trickster is how weak the last 4 nodes are. Ghost Dance is okay at best and Shade Form is borderline useless for a melee build.

Raider gets more damage, much more movement speed, elemental ailment immunity and reliable single-target frenzy charge generation. The weakest node for Raider is Quartz Infusion and that node is still pretty decent.

Overall I think Raider is the best and Pathfinder should be stronger than Trickster as well. Trickster would still work and since I've already listed alternative Ascendancy options I will add a subsection on it to the guide.
Thanks for the reply.
I am currently playing a Shock Elemental Cyclone Trickster

Basically I can clear up to T15 but can't clear endgame content.. which is what I want and the movement speed on the Gif. looks absolutely ridiculous.

I think the most upsetting thing, however, is I am not able to clear Chayula Breach within the first 30 seconds I run out of time because I cannot seem to kill the yellows.. Have you ran Chayula with this build and if so was it pretty easy?

Thanks for this I will be switching over to Raider hopefully by the end of the weekend..
"
Thanks for the reply.
I am currently playing a Shock Elemental Cyclone Trickster

Basically I can clear up to T15 but can't clear endgame content.. which is what I want and the movement speed on the Gif. looks absolutely ridiculous.

I think the most upsetting thing, however, is I am not able to clear Chayula Breach within the first 30 seconds I run out of time because I cannot seem to kill the yellows.. Have you ran Chayula with this build and if so was it pretty easy?

Thanks for this I will be switching over to Raider hopefully by the end of the weekend..

Haven't done Chayula on this character yet but I've done it on weaker characters so I'm confident it would be easy. Chayula is much easier than Uber Atziri. Since I didn't have much trouble doing Uber, Chayula should be easy. I wouldn't attempt it without decent gear though, and I would definitely not use Bisco's even for the trash.

I'll record a Chayula run at some point but I'm busy playing Turmoil and I'm also having some trouble with recording at the moment.
Hi, already seen VP changes on reddit for 3.1?

Do u think it will be still viable without instant vaal pact?
"
Hydros80 wrote:
Hi, already seen VP changes on reddit for 3.1?

Do u think it will be still viable without instant vaal pact?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The VP that was shown is not necessarily final and even if it is it needs to be examined in the context of the rest of the changes.

Either way this build will be fine without instant VP. Atziri's Acuity will also be much better than they are now.
As requested, Chayula's Domain. Using Acuity, Daresso's Salute and Belt of the Deceiver. I'm at -60% chaos res in this recording as I'm too lazy to try to find chaos res gear while still keeping myself ele res balanced.

This was the third run, none of them were deathless; I'm pretty sure that if I had any chaos res gear at all I could have done it deathless fairly easily.

The trash was easy, but if I wanted to farm this thing I would get chaos res gear and link vaal haste to inc duration for the trash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info