[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

I'll dive into the thread, in case it's already been answered, but I didn't see it in my first read-through of the guide.

Why not go for the Onslaught Ascendancy nodes rather than Frenzy charges? It looks like it's similar damage and movement, but with additional Dodge chance.
I’m also wondering about the new changes to the raider. Would you now go for the onslaught on hit and that path? I’m not sure if the attack damage would be elemental damage or only physical.
"
bojaman1234 wrote:
I’m also wondering about the new changes to the raider. Would you now go for the onslaught on hit and that path? I’m not sure if the attack damage would be elemental damage or only physical.

The "Attack damage" modifier applies to any damage delivered with an Attack Skill, as opposed to a Spell Skill. Read below for the comparison between the phasing and onslaught branches.

"
resipsa wrote:
I'll dive into the thread, in case it's already been answered, but I didn't see it in my first read-through of the guide.

Why not go for the Onslaught Ascendancy nodes rather than Frenzy charges? It looks like it's similar damage and movement, but with additional Dodge chance.

First off, there is no Dodge chance in the Onslaught branch. There is some increased evasion but no dodge.

The onslaught branch compares to the phasing branch as follows for my PoB:

1. More DPS (around 12%)
2. Slightly more movement speed (4%)
3. 6% less attack dodge and 10% less spell dodge
4. 16% more evasion
5. No elemental ailment immunity.

Either branch is fine really but imo the dodge and ailment immunity outweigh the increased DPS. The increased evasion and ms are completely negligible.
i want to do your build with champion is it good sword to start with?
"
lesiooo wrote:
i want to do your build with champion is it good sword to start with?

Yes, that's an excellent starter weapon!
What about first so strike instead of inspirational as a champion? Im using it atm with my dual strike champion and its feels really nice to use.
"
What about first so strike instead of inspirational as a champion? Im using it atm with my dual strike champion and its feels really nice to use.

If you are okay with stopping to use a blood magic aura or something to put yourself at low life, then it is objectively better than Inspirational. If you've gotten used to that sort of playstyle then go for it.

For myself it's just something I wouldn't feel like bothering with so I imagine I would go with Inspirational.
Hey Euploid, its me once again. I started Abyss league with your build and ended up doing all content with it and with no hesitation i chose this build to start Beastiary league. The nerfs to Raider are hardly noticeable, I'm still speeding around maps with a shield charge speed of 0.18/s and its mad fun.

Anyway I would like to ask, would it be better to craft flat cold damage on my foil or would elemental damage with attack skills give more dps?

"
PL4Ymate wrote:
Hey Euploid, its me once again. I started Abyss league with your build and ended up doing all content with it and with no hesitation i chose this build to start Beastiary league. The nerfs to Raider are hardly noticeable, I'm still speeding around maps with a shield charge speed of 0.18/s and its mad fun.

Anyway I would like to ask, would it be better to craft flat cold damage on my foil or would elemental damage with attack skills give more dps?

EDWA is more DPS compared to cold damage for your character and it probably would be for most gear setups. Nice to see it's going well, your gear is already quite good for how long the league's been out :)
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 8, 2018, 5:09:43 PM

found this weapon today, could roll attack speed on it, it would have then 1.84 aps, but low crit chance. Good or bad?
Last edited by V4ldaran on Mar 8, 2018, 7:23:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info