[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Would you think this build is manageable with the new champion?
You wouldn't need lycosidae and you would have alot of defensives aswell, the damage is also there considering you could use another shield, and a way less expensive one, potentially being a league starter ^^
"
Kickfiz wrote:
You wouldn't need lycosidae and you would have alot of defensives aswell, the damage is also there considering you could use another shield, and a way less expensive one, potentially being a league starter ^^

Interesting suggestion. I'll take a look and see if I can simulate it in PoB with flasks or jewels or something. I'd have to redo the passive tree for duelist start as well.

If we're considering the Champion route I'm not entirely sure which 2 of Inspirational, First to Strike and Unstoppable Hero would be optimal. Conqueror -> Worthy Foe is a given, but the last 4 points I'm not too sure about. I don't think Fortitude is worth it for this build since you basically have permafortify while mapping anyway if you're moving around with shield charge.
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Kickfiz wrote:

Interesting suggestion. I'll take a look and see if I can simulate it in PoB with flasks or jewels or something. I'd have to redo the passive tree for duelist start as well.

If we're considering the Champion route I'm not entirely sure which 2 of Inspirational, First to Strike and Unstoppable Hero would be optimal. Conqueror -> Worthy Foe is a given, but the last 4 points I'm not too sure about. I don't think Fortitude is worth it for this build since you basically have permafortify while mapping anyway if you're moving around with shield charge.

I can send you a pastebin with a flask using Unstoppable Hero, Inspirational, Conqueror and Worthy Foe if you'd like because those were the ascendacies I was trying it with and yes I agree with all you said ^^
"
Kickfiz wrote:

I can send you a pastebin with a flask using Unstoppable Hero, Inspirational, Conqueror and Worthy Foe if you'd like because those were the ascendacies I was trying it with and yes I agree with all you said ^^

By all means, that would make things easier for me :)
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Kickfiz wrote:

By all means, that would make things easier for me :)

https://pastebin.com/irAnjzsz
Don't mind the rest just the 4th flask :p
Some things in the flask are changed because either it works better just giving damage than having a condition that doesn't even work with PoB yet like Conqueror etc or just because it doesn't give damage or something like that
Last edited by Kickfiz on Feb 27, 2018, 12:45:28 PM
"
Kickfiz wrote:

Some things in the flask are changed because either it works better just giving damage than having a condition that doesn't even work with PoB yet like Conqueror etc or just because it doesn't give damage or something like that

I've briefly compared Champion to Raider using that flask and basically my conclusion for now is that Champion is for sure worth pursuing as a league-starter if you're worried about the availability of lycosidae as a limiting factor.

I think the best nodes are probably the ones you've been trying out. First to strike doesn't have that much value considering this build already includes sources of intimidate in gear by default.

It will not be as fast as raider and the damage will probably be a little bit worse, but there's actually one thing you got wrong on the flask which is making the PoB display damage far less than it should be. Conqueror's "Enemies you taunt take 20% increased damage" is actually a multiplier, the same as Intimidate. So it stacks additively with Intimidate and other sources of increased damage taken by enemies, but it multiplies all of your own output. I tried a few different inputs to simulate this but I haven't found a way. 30% more damage and no intimidate isn't quite accurate but it's pretty close.

I'll keep this in mind as patch notes come in and I revise the build guide.
Last edited by Euploid on Feb 27, 2018, 1:41:35 PM
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Kickfiz wrote:

I've briefly compared Champion to Raider using that flask and basically my conclusion for now is that Champion is for sure worth pursuing as a league-starter if you're worried about the availability of lycosidae as a limiting factor.

I think the best nodes are probably the ones you've been trying out. First to strike doesn't have that much value considering this build already includes sources of intimidate in gear by default.

It will not be as fast as raider and the damage will probably be a little bit worse, but there's actually one thing you got wrong on the flask which is making the PoB display damage far less than it should be. Conqueror's "Enemies you taunt take 20% increased damage" is actually a multiplier, the same as Intimidate. So it stacks additively with Intimidate and other sources of increased damage taken by enemies, but it multiplies all of your own output. I tried a few different inputs to simulate this but I haven't found a way. 30% more damage and no intimidate isn't quite accurate but it's pretty close.

I'll keep this in mind as patch notes come in and I revise the build guide.

Oh, that's even better, I didn't even realize that thanks!!
Yeah I would love for you to include that in your thread or something and give alternatives to shields, problem is the only frenzy generator I could think of would be Blood Rage, which I really don't like comparing to the raider one.
So patch notes are out and they are quite uneventful apart from Ascendancy changes. I will have to review all of them to decide whether Raider is still the best option. The main contenders for now are:

Raider - 12% less MS, otherwise unchanged. Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Slaughter ->
Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil

Pathfinder Flask sustain buffed. Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Adrenaline

Champion - Substantial rework and buff, now offers "Hits can't be Evaded" without the need for Lycosidae. Conqueror -> Worthy Foe -> Inspirational -> Unstoppable Hero

Trickster - Substantial rework and buff. Still doesn't have the best synergy with Cyclone but it is worth considering. Most likely Swift Killer, Harness the Void, Weave the Arcane and Ghost Dance.
"
Euploid wrote:
So patch notes are out and they are quite uneventful apart from Ascendancy changes. I will have to review all of them to decide whether Raider is still the best option. The main contenders for now are:

Raider - 12% less MS, otherwise unchanged. Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Slaughter ->
Quartz Infusion -> Avatar of the Veil

Pathfinder Flask sustain buffed. Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Adrenaline

Champion - Substantial rework and buff, now offers "Hits can't be Evaded" without the need for Lycosidae. Conqueror -> Worthy Foe -> Inspirational -> Unstoppable Hero

Trickster - Substantial rework and buff. Still doesn't have the best synergy with Cyclone but it is worth considering. Most likely Swift Killer, Harness the Void, Weave the Arcane and Ghost Dance.

The idea of Champion is so tempting for league starter and I had so much fun with this build last league. The only thing I am hesitant on is frenzy generation, as another poster said. Any ideas on how to circumvent that?
Just use Blood Rage for frenzy generation while mapping, and for boss fights use frenzy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info