[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Yeah, what Scarraner said. Frenzy is pretty awkward to use for melee characters imo so I probably just wouldn't play a Champion version except for mapping or I would take the focus off Frenzy charges and just go with the standard 3. I'll have a suggested outline for a Champion version up before launch, I will most likely suggest Blood Rage and fewer or no extra frenzies.
Great, thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out for your outline and make my decision then. Super excited to run this build again regardless!
Pre-launch revision is complete. Patch notes were simpler this time around than in 3.1 so there are not many changes, just the addition of subsections with outlines for Champion and Trickster. Once we've seen all the uniques I might make another revision in a week or so. Gl hf in the new league everyone!
Ranger - Raider
Quartz Infusion: Small passive leading up to the notable now grants 3% increased Movement Speed (down from 4%).
Avatar of the Veil: Small passive leading up to the notable now grants 3% increased Movement Speed (down from 4%). Avatar of the Veil now increases movement speed by 10% while Phasing (down from 20%).
Rapid Assault: Now grants Onslaught for 10 seconds on Kill (up from 4 seconds) and 10% chance to gain Onslaught for 10 seconds when you hit a Rare or Unique Enemy.
Avatar of the Chase: now grants 25% more chance to Evade Projectile Attacks during Onslaught (up from 15%).

these changes affects to this build a lot (in my scarse knowdlege)
how we can procede with tree now¿

I just updated 2 days ago to 3.1 and bought new items you suggested :(

now i feel lost

"
tvm777 wrote:
Ranger - Raider
Quartz Infusion: Small passive leading up to the notable now grants 3% increased Movement Speed (down from 4%).
Avatar of the Veil: Small passive leading up to the notable now grants 3% increased Movement Speed (down from 4%). Avatar of the Veil now increases movement speed by 10% while Phasing (down from 20%).
Rapid Assault: Now grants Onslaught for 10 seconds on Kill (up from 4 seconds) and 10% chance to gain Onslaught for 10 seconds when you hit a Rare or Unique Enemy.
Avatar of the Chase: now grants 25% more chance to Evade Projectile Attacks during Onslaught (up from 15%).

these changes affects to this build a lot (in my scarse knowdlege)
how we can procede with tree now¿

I just updated 2 days ago to 3.1 and bought new items you suggested :(

now i feel lost

Read the last page or two in the thread and the updated main section... This has already been discussed, it's a minor nerf at most and only affects movement speed, reducing it by 12%. Considering the build still gets over 200% ms easily this isn't really anything to worry about.
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 2, 2018, 4:36:48 PM
Hey there,

I'm just starting the league with this build. First off, thank you for the detailed work here!

One thing is bothering me though. There are quite some differences in the passive skill trees - pob and pathofexile.com links. Which is the one to follow to high level right now?

Best regards.
"
noblahblemo wrote:
Hey there,

I'm just starting the league with this build. First off, thank you for the detailed work here!

One thing is bothering me though. There are quite some differences in the passive skill trees - pob and pathofexile.com links. Which is the one to follow to high level right now?

Best regards.

The passive tree section is what you should use, not any PoB links as those are filled with inconsistent changes to my high level character's passives which were made to fit my own specific preferences.

If your character is over lvl 90 you can use my character's passives for inspiration but I never post any standardized trees that are over lvl 90.

The trees in the passives section should be consistent, although I can't check right now as I'm on mobile. If anything is unclear please comment again.
Hello,

I saw that ice Bite got nerfed, dunno how much time ago... dont got the 20% more damage against frozen enemies.

is Ice bite better then Hypothermia?

ty for this build its Awesome :))
"
zeroburn90 wrote:
Hello,

I saw that ice Bite got nerfed, dunno how much time ago... dont got the 20% more damage against frozen enemies.

is Ice bite better then Hypothermia?

ty for this build its Awesome :))

Ice Bite was reworked in 3.0 and is now much better than it was before. Afaik this was the old version:

For the raider version of this build, Ice bite is one of the core gems.
The new fated upgrade of the Ignomon, The Effigon, introduces a third "Hits can't be evaded" option. Effigon is very cheap compared to Lycosidae but the tradeoff is a significant decrease in reliability, because its effect is dependent on the enenmy being Blinded.

There are only two options for consistent blinding which would work with this build that I know of:

1. Stibnite Flask. Already a strong utility option, Stibnites have high uptimes and if rolled with the Surgeon's prefix it should be possible to maintain near 100% uptime in single-target encounters

2. The Blind Support gem. This gem is really bad. It adds a flat 10% chance to blind on hit with supported skills and has no damage modifier. Adding this to the main cyclone links doesn't seem like it would be worth the tradeoff. It doesn't have any mana cost multiplier though, so adding it to Herald of Ice links seems like the best option.

I haven't tested this amulet myself but Effigon seems like it could be a nice option for restricted budgets. If you have a properly rolled Stibnite the uptime in single-target encounters should be decent. While the mapping uptime seems like it would probably be quite bad most of the time, the single-target uptime should be good enough to justify using the item as an inbetweener until you can get a Lycosidae.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info