[3.6] Zombiemancer - High Survivability - End Game Viable

"
uthansta wrote:
Unless my math is wrong, we net lose 2 zombies. (I hope I am wrong)

So the 1200 strength break point will still be required for the 6th big zombie.

The gem itself gives 7 max zombies. We get 2 extra from the skill tree. Now with 1k+ strength we get another 3 (or 4 if you want to push for 1.2k strength for some reason). This gives us 6 big zombies.

What we do not yet know is if with higher levels of the gem we also get another zombie. If so, 1.2k strength makes sense again. If not, 1k strength should be the goal of future builds.
We really lost a zombie?... thats disheartening.....
We did not lose a zombie. Keep in mind that the Raise Zombie gem is 7 zombies at level 20. You get more zombies if you keep pushing it higher. Gem level 23, which is easy to reach, probably gets you an 8th zombie. Use an Empower can push you up to gem level 27. If you have an armor that grants +1, you can realistically reach gem level 28.

Factoring in Montregul, we will have at LEAST 7 huge zombies. Maybe even 8 if you push your gem high enough.

Don't worry lads. Zombies are aplenty.
Yes, Poe needs an Auction House.
I would not assume you can easily get another zombie. It should be possible, as we can easily reach gem lvl 26 with the build, but we do not know how the number of zombies scale with lvl. It might be that we only get the 7th zombie at lvl 20 and the 8th is far away for no reason other than GGG fucking with us. I just presume the worst and will be happily surprised if we do get to keep our 7 big zombies.
"
megagrunt wrote:
I would not assume you can easily get another zombie. It should be possible, as we can easily reach gem lvl 26 with the build, but we do not know how the number of zombies scale with lvl. It might be that we only get the 7th zombie at lvl 20 and the 8th is far away for no reason other than GGG fucking with us. I just presume the worst and will be happily surprised if we do get to keep our 7 big zombies.

You could very well be right. But considering the rise from 3 zombies to 7 from gem levels 1 to 20, I'm hopeful that we can get our 8th gem zombie in a reasonable time after 20. I'll be shocked if it's greater than level 25.
"
Aquatic26 wrote:
We did not lose a zombie. Keep in mind that the Raise Zombie gem is 7 zombies at level 20. You get more zombies if you keep pushing it higher. Gem level 23, which is easy to reach, probably gets you an 8th zombie. Use an Empower can push you up to gem level 27. If you have an armor that grants +1, you can realistically reach gem level 28.

Factoring in Montregul, we will have at LEAST 7 huge zombies. Maybe even 8 if you push your gem high enough.

How doy you know that?

It says:

"
Now allows you to raise additional Spectres as the gem levels, up to 2 maximum Raised Spectres at gem level 20 (and more at higher gem levels).

"
Now allows you to raise additional Zombies as the gem levels, up to 7 maximum raised Zombies at gem level 20 (previously set to 3 at all gem levels).

It doesnt say "more at higher gem levels" for zombie it says just for spectre
Last edited by pphnx on Sep 4, 2019, 9:27:42 PM
Violent Dead: Can no longer drop or be obtained from quests. So does this mean it is removed altogether or is there another way to get it? If it is gone, how big of an impact is that on the build?
"
bigun315 wrote:
Violent Dead: Can no longer drop or be obtained from quests. So does this mean it is removed altogether or is there another way to get it? If it is gone, how big of an impact is that on the build?

It is just removed. No way to obtain it anymore. This nerfs the dmg and clear speed of the build by quite a bit. Some math people did on reddit either said like a 33% nerf or up to 60%. What we do not know and probably will not know for a bit till after the patch, is how the stats of the zombies changed. They might have buffed the damage/attack speed/whatever of the zombies, but that does not get mentioned in the patch notes and will have to be found out later on.

Edit: "Zombies now have a base cooldown of 4 seconds for their slam attack (from 5)." That is a bit better at least, but still a nerf.

So before we had 5s cd with 200% increased cd recovery. Now we have 4s cd with 100% increased cd recovery (assuming gem lvl 26). Did I calculate that right that it was a 1.67s cd before and is 2s cd now?
Last edited by megagrunt on Sep 5, 2019, 5:20:50 AM
"
pphnx wrote:
"
Aquatic26 wrote:

How doy you know that?

It says:

"
Now allows you to raise additional Spectres as the gem levels, up to 2 maximum Raised Spectres at gem level 20 (and more at higher gem levels).

"
Now allows you to raise additional Zombies as the gem levels, up to 7 maximum raised Zombies at gem level 20 (previously set to 3 at all gem levels).

It doesnt say "more at higher gem levels" for zombie it says just for spectre

You have a good point and could be right. Though I personally believe the gem isn't likely to have a hard cap. Why go from 3 to 7 zombies and then just stop from then on? That wouldn't make sense to me. But truly none of us will know anything for sure until the data gets posted on the wiki.
Nope. I was totally wrong. Fortunately. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/czot6y/summoner_things_that_we_still_could_use_info_on/ez1nlb0/?context=3

"
The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.

Also +1 spec on 21 and 31

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info