When are we getting better trading tools?

"
Heli0nix wrote:
My main concern by far, even before asking for improvements or anything else is mostly there are plenty of players exeperiencing trading in different ways because they have no idea (x) or (y) tool that give you a considerable advantage actualy exist.
I'm not offering a solution and don't consider that as a "better trading tool" like you are asking in your thread title, but at least it would temporary let GGG get a larger and more accurate sample of what players like / dislike with trading, and then doing some decision starting from a solid feedback basis.

I mean come on there are players level 80 that never heard about poe.trade ... I let you guess why.
Let's start to fix the issue from the begin.

There are more than enough players, trading in all kinds of ways, that gave and keep giving good feedback. GGG been sitting on it and stalling. Making promises and doing the bare minimum. The best part is that there have been no detailed responses from them on this subject, other than a sentence or two here and there, even though it's probably the most pressing issue at the moment.

The trading system is such an embarrassment that they don't even advertise it in-game. And they won't ever advertise it, because it's a joke. Can you imagine?

"
Hey guys, to sell your items, you'd have to buy a tab from us, or download this sketchy 3rd party software that asks you for your account information. To buy items, you'd have to go to this 3rd party site, that's full of adds; make sure to turn your add-blocker on. To make the whole thing a little less annoying, you should also download this other 3rd party software that will keep all of the trade offers organized, notify you when new one come in, and help you reply to people. Use at your own risk. We don't ban for it now, but that might change in the future. Oh, and, if you want to price check your items in-game, you can download this 3rd party script. Enjoy.
For shits and giggles I guess but I think this would work ok for both sides...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6tkvl4/my_take_on_beating_a_dead_horse_trading/
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Oct 12, 2017, 2:55:24 AM
"
X1Z1 wrote:

The trading system is such an embarrassment that they don't even advertise it in-game. And they won't ever advertise it, because it's a joke. Can you imagine?

Hey guys, to sell your items, you'd have to buy a tab from us, or download this sketchy 3rd party software that asks you for your account information. To buy items, you'd have to go to this 3rd party site, that's full of adds; make sure to turn your add-blocker on. To make the whole thing a little less annoying, you should also download this other 3rd party software that will keep all of the trade offers organized, notify you when new one come in, and help you reply to people. Use at your own risk. We don't ban for it now, but that might change in the future. Oh, and, if you want to price check your items in-game, you can download this 3rd party script. Enjoy.

This quote is exactly the reason nobody takes your posts seriously. Not only is it horribly inaccurate. You are flat out lying about trade to make it look worse. Do you really think GGG is gonna look at this childish attempt and give you even a second of their time?
Last edited by Miská on Oct 12, 2017, 3:48:12 AM
"
Miská wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

This quote is exactly the reason nobody takes your posts seriously. Not only is it horribly inaccurate. You are flat out lying about trade to make it look worse. Do you really think GGG is gonna look at this childish attempt and give you even a second of their time?

I lol'd at this for sure. Perfect and true (x1's comment that is).
"
"
Miská wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

I lol'd at this for sure. Perfect and true (x1's comment that is).

Oh really? Let me help you abit with that.

First of all you don't need any program to list your items. You can use the forum. Everything you list here will be picked up by API. Secondly, the programs we used to convenience this process never required account details besides an account name, wich is visible anyway. I'm not even sure what he refers to about keeping offers organized, I never needed any such program. Same goes for the price checking script.

Besides pretty much every inaccuracy in his post he forgets (Conveniently) that WE are the ones that made these tools. Not GGG. Are you also complaining about the steam workshop? About general mods in games? Omg, all that third party material every single game out there these days is relying on. The horrors are real. Seriously, get over yourself and your petty lies. It's not as simple as swithing a button to 'fix' the trading system WE!!! implemented in the last few years.
"
Oh really? Let me help you abit with that.

First of all you don't need any program to list your items. You can use the forum. Everything you list here will be picked up by API. Secondly, the programs we used to convenience this process never required account details besides an account name, wich is visible anyway. I'm not even sure what he refers to about keeping offers organized, I never needed any such program. Same goes for the price checking script.

I still use acquisition to look at my items but it was a huge time saver for listing lots of items in the shop threads. If we didn't have public stash tabs there is no way I would not use it to list my items. So, IMO, he's right on that.

Acquisition and the other one (name escapes me) both require you to enter your username and password at least once unless you are using the Steam version of POE which I don't. He's right again.

You don't need the auto reply and organising script(s??) whatever they are but I'm sure they are also big time savers. If you trade a lot, he's right again on that one too.

Price checking script is POE Trade Macro and is another huge time saver. So, once again, he gets my vote.

"
Besides pretty much every inaccuracy in his post he forgets (Conveniently) that WE are the ones that made these tools. Not GGG. Are you also complaining about the steam workshop? About general mods in games? Omg, all that third party material every single game out there these days is relying on. The horrors are real. Seriously, get over yourself and your petty lies. It's not as simple as swithing a button to 'fix' the trading system WE!!! implemented in the last few years.

Trade is integral to this game and without it it would fail miserably... you can't make a game this grand without actual supporters. His point is that GGG will not advertise those 3rd party tools anywhere for the reasons he stated. Without those tools (poe.trade at the very least) GGG wouldn't have a game this popular.

Don't know the user at all but his points are valid. Yours, not so much. Have a great day!

EDIT: BTW if you are looking for a decent suggestion to improve the trading experience for everyone except the botters have a look at my first post on this page.
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Oct 12, 2017, 4:52:30 AM
"

I still use acquisition to look at my items but it was a huge time saver for listing lots of items in the shop threads. If we didn't have public stash tabs there is no way I would not use it to list my items. So, IMO, he's right on that.

You choose to use a program to convenience yourself. That's on you, not GGG. So no not right. You can do it without with abit more effort. No programs required.

"

Acquisition and the other one (name escapes me) both require you to enter your username and password at least once unless you are using the Steam version of POE which I don't. He's right again.

Wrong again. No password is required to login to Aquisition. Never ever, not even once.

"

You don't need the auto reply and organising script(s??) whatever they are but I'm sure they are also big time savers. If you trade a lot, he's right again on that one too.

Price checking script is POE Trade Macro and is another huge time saver. So, once again, he gets my vote.

Again you choose to use those programs, they are certainly very very far from needed.

You can agree him all you want. But my facts are actual facts, not overdramatized nonsense. Atleast have the decence to come with facts before you start complaining.

"
You choose to use a program to convenience yourself. That's on you, not GGG. So no not right. You can do it without with abit more effort. No programs required.

Correct, it is used for one's CONVENIENCE. You seem to be repeating this word in some of your replies, which looks as though you were trying to imply that the current trade system is "okay", and we should not complain about it, as we have those, however impractical (or maybe INCONVENIENT in use), tools. Moreover, why does it have to take so much effort in simple trading? Despite what most of you think, trade plays a crucial part in this game. This is the reason SSF exists in the first place (so the people who are against, have the option to not trade at all).

"
Again you choose to use those programs, they are certainly very very far from needed.

You can agree him all you want. But my facts are actual facts, not overdramatized nonsense. Atleast have the decence to come with facts before you start complaining.

So you agreed with his (their) statement(s). The only difference is that you repeated again that it is not needed to play the game. By the same token, we don't need a stash, as it is made just for our convenience, aight? Here we go again, go ad hominem all you want, claiming that it is just an "overdramatized nonsense" does not give you any credibility. Glad you can trade via forum, but you know, some people do not want to make so much effort in order to do such a basic thing, which is trading.

Besides, referring to your previous post(s), you point out that all the tools we have for trading now are not made by GGG. It is true, but what of it? These are the trade channels we have to use if we want to trade somewhat efficiently. X1Z1's point still applies, as it is GGG who forces us to do so, as they did not provide us any better way of trading.

I dare to say that your actual "facts" are irrelevant to the discussion; you know, there would be no progress if the aspect of CONVENIENCE was not taken into account. Why change something, if we can deal with it anyway, crippling ourselves, yeah?
"
Danielskiv wrote:
"

Correct, it is used for one's CONVENIENCE. You seem to be repeating this word in some of your replies, which looks as though you were trying to imply that the current trade system is "okay", and we should not complain about it, as we have those, however impractical (or maybe INCONVENIENT in use), tools. Moreover, why does it have to take so much effort in simple trading? Despite what most of you think, trade plays a crucial part in this game. This is the reason SSF exists in the first place (so the people who are against, have the option to not trade at all).

"

So you agreed with his (their) statement(s). The only difference is that you repeated again that it is not needed to play the game. By the same token, we don't need a stash, as it is made just for our convenience, aight? Here we go again, go ad hominem all you want, claiming that it is just an "overdramatized nonsense" does not give you any credibility. Glad you can trade via forum, but you know, some people do not want to make so much effort in order to do such a basic thing, which is trading.

Besides, referring to your previous post(s), you point out that all the tools we have for trading now are not made by GGG. It is true, but what of it? These are the trade channels we have to use if we want to trade somewhat efficiently. X1Z1's point still applies, as it is GGG who forces us to do so, as they did not provide us any better way of trading.

I dare to say that your actual "facts" are irrelevant to the discussion; you know, there would be no progress if the aspect of CONVENIENCE was not taken into account. Why change something, if we can deal with it anyway, crippling ourselves, yeah?

You must be misunderunstanding me. I def don't think the current trade system is fine. I just can't stand people bloating stuff that is bad enough to begin with. Not to mention GGG is not gonna anything serious if it's someone just venting while being inaccurate at the same time.

Alot of the current trade issues are our own fault. We just went overboard to convenience ourselves, and now we are paying the price for it.

Mister x1z1 solution is to just go 100% efficiency and introduce an AH. I say we move backwards instead and make things less convenient. And honestly, at the current rate of complaints, I wouldn't be suprised they close down the API and put a big finger in our face. Because that's honestly what 90% of these people deserve.
While removing the API would be amusing to watch... the 3rd party websites creating item searches originally just scanned the forums for the items.

GGG just created the API stream to stop the constant forum crashes they were experiencing. If they wanted to disable the API thing effectively they would also have to remove the ability to link items in the forums.

If you think that would make for a better game I recommend playing on the Xbox. I think that is the exact trading situation they have now: no item linking or searching of any kind. Just the in-game trade boards.

I think it has not received much positive feedback in relation to trading so I suspect that it may change soon. Enjoy it while you can!

Spoiler
But to ask the main PC game to take a step back like that... really?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info