When are we getting better trading tools?

"
Phrazz wrote:

"
MasterAxe wrote:
Have you not watched any of his videos talking on this subject? His basis is ignorant of real facts, and that in turn makes him a fool.

Seen them, and his philosophy is not ignorant - it's on point. His problem is action, or the lack thereof. The problem with trade is that it's controlled by a third party site, not the lack of instant trading. We all know Chris LOVES community involvement, but letting a few guys control such a huge part of the game isn't ignorant, but maybe a little foolish - I'll give you that.

It is indeed a very ignorant philosophy. Yes though a major part of his problem is lack of action, with letting trade be controlled by third party's, instead of having it in house. Moving everything that we have with POETRADE to ingame would be a huge step forwards. Though forcing players to interact as they call it is ludacris, give us a buyout platform, with our search functions. If they want to add limitations to it like time delay on trades, or limit number of item trades per hour/day, or whatever fine i think we can deal with that. However do not give us that crap they put on Xbox.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

"
MasterAxe wrote:
Have you not watched any of his videos talking on this subject? His basis is ignorant of real facts, and that in turn makes him a fool.

Seen them, and his philosophy is not ignorant - it's on point. His problem is action, or the lack thereof. The problem with trade is that it's controlled by a third party site, not the lack of instant trading. We all know Chris LOVES community involvement, but letting a few guys control such a huge part of the game isn't ignorant, but maybe a little foolish - I'll give you that.

It is indeed a very ignorant philosophy. Yes though a major part of his problem is lack of action, with letting trade be controlled by third party's, instead of having it in house. Moving everything that we have with POETRADE to ingame would be a huge step forwards. Though forcing players to interact as they call it is ludacris, give us a buyout platform, with our search functions. If they want to add limitations to it like time delay on trades, or limit number of item trades per hour/day, or whatever fine i think we can deal with that. However do not give us that crap they put on Xbox.

What would it really matter if Poe.trade would be indoor or not. The only thing it would do is put the costs on them. Trade is not controlled by a third party at all, we have xyz providing a service to the community, he never actually interfered whatsoever. If something happened to poe.trade for whatever reason, a replacement would be on within the week.

Your emotions are severely clouding your judgement. And for the record, I actually enjoy the player interaction....most of the time.
"
Miská wrote:

What would it really matter if Poe.trade would be indoor or not. The only thing it would do is put the costs on them. Trade is not controlled by a third party at all, we have xyz providing a service to the community, he never actually interfered whatsoever. If something happened to poe.trade for whatever reason, a replacement would be on within the week.

Your emotions are severely clouding your judgement. And for the record, I actually enjoy the player interaction....most of the time.

Well, it would remove private indexers and live search whoops for starters. They could also find ways to combat the other issues like AFKs and fixers at some point after that once it is in-house. They can't do anything about any of it right now.

But lets be honest. This game has been out for a long time now. If they were ever going to do anything they would have done it a long time ago. So all we are really doing is just debating and arguing over hypotheticals at this point.

I would at least settle for things that allows me to trade in areas where I cannot leave, like Lab.
Last edited by Destructodave on Oct 31, 2017, 10:54:45 PM
Poetrade is already an AH disguised to not look like one. Just because it does not allow afk/offline trading doesn't mean its primary objective is not to act as a middleman to facilitate transaction between a buyer and a seller, which is the core of what an AH is.

I finished the story content about 3-4 days ago. Look at my gear now. Do you think I farmed them in those 3 days? No! I bought them with currency I farmed from another character. I might not even see gear like this even if I were to play for a year. The first thing I did before mapping was to peruse poetrade until I found what I wanted. Did it take a while with price fixers/afkers/flippers? Sure. But the hour or two I spent there is nothing considering I one shot non boss packs in all maps and kill guardians in less than 30 seconds compared to dying repeatedly if I tried to farm my own gear.

What is my point? Guess I don't really know, but I think this is what Chris meant when he said this kills a lot of fun in the game. It would definitely have been more exciting to have these gear drop than buy them. Regardless, making trading more "difficult" by imposing these archaic systems don't deter people who really want to gear up. I'm not saying GGG should implement an AH, but don't sit on the fence. Take a stance, either make the game SSF or embrace trading in its entirety, and shift the difficulty from trading to gameplay mechanics.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Well, it would remove private indexers and live search whoops for starters. They could also find ways to combat the other issues like AFKs and fixers at some point after that once it is in-house. They can't do anything about any of it right now.

But lets be honest. This game has been out for a long time now. If they were ever going to do anything they would have done it a long time ago. So all we are really doing is just debating and arguing over hypotheticals at this point.

I would at least settle for things that allows me to trade in areas where I cannot leave, like Lab.

We both know people can do alot worse things to a game then that. Indoor or not they can. It's abit naive to believe that pulling poe.trade indoor would suddenly make it immune to any kind of tampering. People that want to cheat, will cheat. Not to mention that private indexers and live searches are not even a gray area yet.

They aren't doing anything because it's not as simple as you make it seem like. Chris, in multiple intervieuws reveals that making the choice about what to do is what's stopping them. Giving it time instead of potentially ruining the game. You can always pretend the current trade system sucks. But during month 1 of leagues it works pretty well. Barely anyone is AFK, is trying to price fix or is just generally douchy.

I agree with the allowing to trade cross instance. I think that would solve alot of annoyance already to begin with.

"
Cristil66 wrote:
Poetrade is already an AH disguised to not look like one. Just because it does not allow afk/offline trading doesn't mean its primary objective is not to act as a middleman to facilitate transaction between a buyer and a seller, which is the core of what an AH is.

I finished the story content about 3-4 days ago. Look at my gear now. Do you think I farmed them in those 3 days? No! I bought them with currency I farmed from another character. I might not even see gear like this even if I were to play for a year. The first thing I did before mapping was to peruse poetrade until I found what I wanted. Did it take a while with price fixers/afkers/flippers? Sure. But the hour or two I spent there is nothing considering I one shot non boss packs in all maps and kill guardians in less than 30 seconds compared to dying repeatedly if I tried to farm my own gear.

What is my point? Guess I don't really know, but I think this is what Chris meant when he said this kills a lot of fun in the game. It would definitely have been more exciting to have these gear drop than buy them. Regardless, making trading more "difficult" by imposing these archaic systems don't deter people who really want to gear up. I'm not saying GGG should implement an AH, but don't sit on the fence. Take a stance, either make the game SSF or embrace trading in its entirety, and shift the difficulty from trading to gameplay mechanics.

Buying stuff is part of Poe though. Nobody is claiming that you should be finding it all yourself. Although it's very doable to find everything yourself, the core of the game for most people will involve trading. And I don't think that's even a problem honestly.
Last edited by Miská on Nov 1, 2017, 6:22:40 AM
"
Cristil66 wrote:
I'm not saying GGG should implement an AH, but don't sit on the fence. Take a stance, either make the game SSF or embrace trading in its entirety, and shift the difficulty from trading to gameplay mechanics.

I disagree here. It isn't 'black and white' - either/or and it shouldn't be. Both farming for gear and trading should be "embraced", and the balance between those two is very difficult. Personally, I think the balance we have now is pretty good. If you put in some effort, time and skill, you can beat pretty much all there is without much trading, something that shows that the environment is at a pretty OK balance towards semi-self found play. We've already seen that other developers "comes out of the closet" and explains how an AH forced several drop rates and difficulty decisions. "Embracing" trade full-out, and balance the game thereafter, would mean "goodbye" to everyone that doesn't want to trade (for everything).
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Cristil66 wrote:
I'm not saying GGG should implement an AH, but don't sit on the fence. Take a stance, either make the game SSF or embrace trading in its entirety, and shift the difficulty from trading to gameplay mechanics.

I disagree here. It isn't 'black and white' - either/or and it shouldn't be. Both farming for gear and trading should be "embraced", and the balance between those two is very difficult. Personally, I think the balance we have now is pretty good. If you put in some effort, time and skill, you can beat pretty much all there is without much trading, something that shows that the environment is at a pretty OK balance towards semi-self found play. We've already seen that other developers "comes out of the closet" and explains how an AH forced several drop rates and difficulty decisions. "Embracing" trade full-out, and balance the game thereafter, would mean "goodbye" to everyone that doesn't want to trade (for everything).

Only problem is, drop rates do not need changed at all form what they are right now. Only a completely idiotic dev team would balance drop rates differently just because the improve trade QOL.
"
Miská wrote:

My thoughts exactly. And people really need to stop shitting on poe.trade. That guy had years and plenty of opportunity to screw the PoE community, but he has been completely above board and very transparent.

I think when people are complaining about trading, they mean the low value trades that people just dont bother to respond to, or when people are AFK/ignore you.

I dont think the system needs anything beyond fixing that. Giving the players access to an easy way to trade essences and shit, and including the AFK status in the datastream that is sent out to poe.trade. Voila.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
Only problem is, drop rates do not need changed at all form what they are right now. Only a completely idiotic dev team would balance drop rates differently just because the improve trade QOL.

It will be easier and cheaper to acquire certain gear, and it will be easier, safer and faster to get to X. I wouldn't call it "idiotic" to adjust certain things based on that, but you are welcome to your opinion. And no, I'm not saying it WILL happen, but there's a chance.

Anyhow, adjustment or not, an AH with instant trade is FAR more than a "QoL" change. If you're not able to see how an AH like that would change the progression and economy, then, well, we are on two completely different planets, and it's not worth debating at all.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:

It will be easier and cheaper to acquire certain gear, and it will be easier, safer and faster to get to X. I wouldn't call it "idiotic" to adjust certain things based on that, but you are welcome to your opinion. And no, I'm not saying it WILL happen, but there's a chance.

Anyhow, adjustment or not, an AH with instant trade is FAR more than a "QoL" change. If you're not able to see how an AH like that would change the progression and economy, then, well, we are on two completely different planets, and it's not worth debating at all.

It will be easier, yes, not faster per say. Anyone can already find and trade for the gear they need, it is just a major inconvenience "AT TIMES", and grows horribly bad the longer leagues run, as in after the first month. Which by then everyone has access to all the items they need, most actually already have what they want and have stopped playing until the next league.

So no, an AH would not have such devastating effects as you want to claim. People who want maxed gear in 2 weeks can easily achieve that already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info