[3.0] Cast on weapon swap

I tried testing out the spirit offering concept on my friend's witch, but I ran into the same problems you guys are currently facing (targeting the wrong corpses from time to time) as well as a damage gap for end game mapping.

Now that being said, I started to think about a few other tricks, such as Mind Over matter. With the Watcher's eye 10% MoM clarity mod, 30% MoM, and another 10% MoM from armour, you can get 50% of damage taken goes to mana. (55% if you get the helmet corruption).

With some 6% damage gained as mana mods, and possibly even 2 x spirited response/rallying cry, you could get 32% of damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds.

This has a very interesting interaction because damage dealt to your ES works with the mana gained when hit. Any damage that goes through your ES onto your life gets split onto your mana.

Other than thinking about this, I have not done any PoB. But maybe it is some food for thought.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
The problem with that concept is that MoM will not work as you are describing. MoM acts as a % "shield" for your life and only for your life. So, if you have sufficient ES, MoM will simply not trigger regardless of the % absorbed before life (!)

That being said, I tried some other related mechanics: (More food for thought)

1. Eldrich Battery
If we take Eldrich battery AND MoM (+ the stuff you described = 50%) we will take 50/50 life and ES at the same time. The problem is here of course, that we currently have no way of repleneshing 4k life/sec ;)

2. Corrputed Energy
If we take the jewel Corrupted Energy, 50% of phys will bypass ES and 50% of chaos will not. Still bad, since we cannot replenish that much life. I tried all sorts of combinations and other interactions like taking a phys as chaos on top etc... life is always too dominant.

The goal really is taking like 60% ES 30% mana and 10% life, but I don't know how. But if that ratio would be somehow possible, we could recah eHP of 15k+ with the appropriate gear.

Here is what Mark had to say about it:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
Lets see... Lets say you take a hit that does 100 phys and 100 chaos damage.

Since you have no ES on your life, you have 100 phys and 100 chaos incoming to your life pool.

So Mind over Matter should make 30% of the damage go to mana before life.

So your life pool takes 140 total damage.

The remaining 30 points of phys and 30 points of chaos would then use the corrupted energy interaction on the ES covered mana pool....

So your ES would take 15 damage and your mana would take 15 damage from chaos.
And your ES would take 15 damage and your mana would take 15 damage from phys.

End interaction:
100 phys, 100 chaos base hit
140 damage to life
30 damage to ES
30 damage to ES covered mana

That's how I think it would work.

-Savage
This is entirely correct.

Maybe corrputed Energy is not that bad. (This time without Eldrich Battery) If we for example take 40% of phys as lightning damage (Lightning Coil+Purity of Lightning Watcher's). Example: 1000 physcial damage from Heartbound Loop, 400 of which are taken as lightning > going to Energy Shield (No imteraction from Corrupted Energy here) the remaining 600 phys are split between life and ES and since we now don't have EB but still have MoM, the 300 damage "aiming" for life are split between life and Mana. Result: (Assuming zero light resists): ES takes 700 damage, Mana 15% and life 15%. This might just be enough to cut it, who knows.

Disclaimer: These are random ideas and are still subject to testing them ingame.
the idea of MoM is that any damage that makes it past your ES shield is then split between life and mana. Its an extra buffer once you have consumed your es, and it requires very little investment.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
The issue is not random big hits who go past the ES shield. This is fine if it does not happen too often we already have almost 5k hp as a buffer.

The issue is the basic mechanics vs random mobs. We need to be able to sustain the swap and more, otherwise the build is bad. And at the moment it only works smoothly with low cwdt spells meaning no damage.

Yes I have considered that desecrate may be part of the problem. But I don't even sustain 2k damage without it. Might be better with dying sun, but there's nothing in the build allowing to perma pot.

So yeah I could probably do something better now that I have some currency. But it's too much trouble for the reward. I can't even slot phaserun and frenzy charge generation. It's so bad compared to 3.0 version. I'm doing my gc miner then cutedog's bomber, then not sure if i'll have more time to revive this build.

If you want to go forward with this build i'll try to stay with unearth cwdt at low level, either spells at high level with double swap or low level too. Try to pump the dps with godly jewels + "xxx as extra yyy" mod maybe the best is the chaos one.

I don't think corrupted energy is promising.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Jan 12, 2018, 8:59:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info