[3.0] Cast on weapon swap

Well you reach CWDT level 20 in 2 swaps. Or with 1 swap and 1 mob hit, or just 1 mob hit sometimes. If you check my gear, my weapon ones stay at level 12 (acuity and belly have armor...).

If I remember my calculations, level 20 has better dps/damage taken than if you keep it at level 12.

Remember that mobs are also hitting you so you don't always have perfect chain :

swap -> cast -> cooldown -> reswap -> cast.

Having higher cwdt does less proc and therefore less cd where damage taken is not counted towards gem proc.

If a mob hit you for 4k you don't proc level 12 twice, but just once, so in those cases the dps of level 20 is far higher.

I tried quad essence crafted wand with 2 rings this weekend. Multimodded wands lol, 4+ex experiment. Triggers level 20 in 1 swap. Dps is better but it's rippy as fuck, problem is that everytime I click without target or if your target becomes untargetable I lose 2.5k hp which is not negligeable... Didn't get the level 20 gems all over the place though.

Also tried RF, works nice for bosses with a dousing flask to stop it, the degen is small compared to the additional leech. Issue is that I'm running out of flasks slots, I put it in my life flask but I need the worm pot for chimera and shaper.

Dps must be pretty nice with level 20 gems all over the place, 4 wands and RF going. But besides guardians and shaper, nothing really make it worth it, and stupid rips and lost portals are a bad idea against shaper.

I need to do a corruption spree to get some rings too, but man that's so boring to spend 1h to buy 30 rings...
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Oct 10, 2017, 8:03:34 AM
Hey mate, love the build!

We'll see what they'll do with Acuitys after they announced the VP change...

I see that you use cwdt lvl 20, so you have to swap weapons multiple times for it to proc?

Cheers

Edit: Oh yeah, since you listed other cwdt builds: Me and a buddy did a cast on curse (Scold's)
Here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026506
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Nov 18, 2017, 6:05:52 PM
If you can read I already explained the level 20 1 post above...

Not a big fan of your cast on curse setup. For the same reason i'm not a big fan of the balls in afk gone balls. One of the main perks of cwdt builds is to cast while moving wether it's cyclone flicker or just running. For bossing it's fine, for mapping I really enjoy casting while moving.

Martyr of innocence seems nice though, seems you get pretty high dps thanks to the flat added fire damage. Sadly not an option for my setup.

For 3.1 I'd bet acuity will get the same nerf as vaal pact, otherwise it will be bis in every build. Might still be bis for us as vaal pact is in a pretty shit position for us in 3.1.

We'll see what 3.1 brings. The new shield seems to be decent in a swap build. The tons of added links from shaper/elder items too. New ring might be useful also. Main issue will be the leech. I might try to work something with high regen instead of leech cause leech seems dead for spells.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Nov 21, 2017, 1:42:30 PM
Uploaded Atziri and uber Atziri vids to celebrate my first 40/40 challenges.
Requires a specific setup, but still, signifies the build is officially able to do anything.

I did a blade vortex in turmoil, felt nice on bosses, but slow as fuck for mapping after a few months of cows. So I'm probably gonna give cows another try in mayhem before it's destroyed by vaal pact changes. With soul tether and some auras instead of mom+acuity. Hope it's not gonna be too ugly on budget.

Then I'll see if I can manage to salvage the build for 3.1, but will probably require lots of changes.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Nov 21, 2017, 1:36:02 PM
Love these kinds of builds - the Atziri run was really good! Great dps. Thinking about what we can do about similar builds in next league...might have to use a Cherrubim's Maleficence?
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Thanks!

Cherrubim won't do enough. Unless maybe if we go slayer/scion with overleech. In legacy and legacy turmoil I had no acuity and I had serious issues in lab, so I sometimes specced out of VP. And it felt awfully slow to regen. Even if we get *2 or *3 I expect it to still be too slow. Also the added leech doesn't compensate the 1.2k armor drawback.

For now i'll just wait to see what's new.

There are still possibilities to run on regen if leech is super bad.

Also the new unique shield seems nice, and there might be new goodies to come.

For now i've cooked a 5khp + 3kES version for mayhem with hopefully low investment and enough dps for invasion/strongbox/breach maps.

For 3.1 I'll start worrying after the patch notes!
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Nov 23, 2017, 10:14:42 AM
Without VP, would it be theoreticallly possible to run this on ES? The base life pool is bigger so it seems more plausible.

Hope there are more forms of leech next league..
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Honestly I've never made any regen character besides RF.

I've seen something similar on ES regen. But it was in legacy or before when 15k ES was possible. Also with skeleton loop.

I do not expect to sustain 4 swaps per second, but it could be compensated by the fact that you could trigger spells with or without mobs to leech from. On leech vs solo bosses with resists current version becomes sometimes sketchy.

I'll have to check out guardian, occultist, inquisitor options. Maybe some others. So many things can change in 3.1 there's no point to do that now.

The main issue I see with ES is that it is hard to put points in ES and regen/zealot oath at the same time, given that most regen nodes are mixed with life nodes. Using ES recharge might be an idea maybe with occultist, but seems unreliable at first sight. I want to be able to dps too, so I can't put all the points in defense.

So not sure if ES is better than life.
I hope Atziri's won't get nerfed too hard. If they do however, there is a chance that it will work in concunction with the new VP, so Slayer/Ascendant will be an option.

Regarding the builds: While I agree that casting while moving is better while mapping, versus bosses cast on curse is much more reliable and offers a lot more DPS.

I tried a "hybrid" between your and my build, cast a curse every 4 seconds or if needed and while running swapping weapons. It seemed okay-ish but obviously requires too many uniques to work.

What shield are you referring to? The one that casts Ice Aegis? If so, I wonder what this will do and how it will interact with cwdt... I already have some ideas regarding that shield.
Spoiler
"Cold Aegis creates a protective bubble around the player and absorbs Cold damage up to a certain amount before it temporarily dissipates. This is particularly powerful for characters who, for whatever reason, tend to be more susceptible to Cold damage than anything else."

Is it this one?

Cheers!
"

Regarding the builds: While I agree that casting while moving is better while mapping, versus bosses cast on curse is much more reliable and offers a lot more DPS.

I kinda fail to see why. I mean if we talk cows vs scold + curse casting, not a particular setup.

You're forced into fevered mind, I could go with expensive spell/multi jewels, scold vs tempest, and I've got 2 wands you got a unique staff. That's basically the differences dps wise.

And cows can choose to use either mom for more defense, or auras when you have to keep your mana unused.

The setup I use doesn't have the most dps, you can totally go quad wand 2 ring for cwdt level 20 on every swap. And I prefer projectiles but for sure if you hug the boss with vortex, it does more damage. But I can dodge more while dps if I don't have to hug the boss.

Otherwise yes this is the shield i'm talking about, I just hope there will be stuff to transfer damage taken to cold cause there aren't many options a the moment.

And as a side note, soul tether is a bit bad. Tried it for mayhem, it just leech at regular non vaal pact rate, which kinda sucks. And it doesn't work with slayer so I don't really get it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info