[3.0] Cast on weapon swap

Small help in the new affixes with 11% physical taken as fire damage, could work well with the new shields. Reduction by elemental resistances might be an issue though.

I checked regen possibilities.

Life + regen seems to be bad, ~15% at best with heavy investment. Even if I reach 7k5 life, it will be super low regen < 1 cast per second. And I can't really use a kaom.

Life + leech and vaal pact is 40% probably lower than 7k, gives like 1.5 cast per sec with shitty tree.

Life + ES recharge on occultist might be the best option:
- with full ES rare gear besides loops and weapon one can probably get 12k ES, more with very expensive gear and jewels
- Recharge is almost 60% per second, so 6k/s, far better than the other options
- vile bastion provides good regen for trash
- free +1 curse, ele weakness + enfeeble + temp chain should be niiice
- ~1.5s for recharge to start... gonna have to get some dodging skills when it's not up!
- no acuity, no expensive unique
Might be a nightmare though to spam fast enough to keep ES below max to stay on recharge, and also to deal with the 4s duration of "if recharge started recently"...

28h to decide if I start with that or if I do cyclone slayer to secure the atlas, and a bit of currency to start with, while we discover the new uniques and elder/shaper items...
Hmmm... These options are not very convincing tbh.
With the new VP, perhaps a hybrid leecher could be a thing. From the top of my head:
- Be Beserker as usual
- Get life / ES gear
- GEt Sould Tether
- Have 5 corrpted items equipped
- Equip Corrupted energy jewel (50% phys bypasses ES)

So now, you could have a lot of simultanious leeching going. Not sure if VP will work on SOul Tether though. And also I am assuming that with this setup, you can leech your health to 100% so your ES actually startes leeching...

This requires testing.

I am also very curious about the shield. If it works like I hope it will ("consume" xxxx fire/cold damage), then the rapid swap will render fire/cold resist as not so important (besides one-shots)

Lastly I want to cry, because I panic-sold my Acuities for 50 ex :(

Best I could come up with for an hybrid build when I was theorycrafting for mayhem was 5.5k life and 3k ES. Hard to do better unless you want to invest all your points in defense and do 0 damage (which is also a problem if you leech). Getting life costs lots of points, getting ES too.

Also soul tether has no good stat, and comes with a degen.

Even if you manage to get perfect leech it's not gonna help at all to go hybrid... You'll go at 40% total life until you're on full life, then 40% total ES (if it works), which means something like 2k/s then 1.2k/s.

I'd much rather have 6k/s with ES, bigger ehp pool and perfect position on the tree, with the only downside being to have to manage recharge timings.
Allright.

I have done my homework and did extensive testing on the new skills and my ideas with them involving heartbound.

It works like I want it to. So the basic idea is this:
- cwdt+unearth+max projectiles
- cwdt-spirit offering
- be Necromancer
- take Mistress of Sacrifice
- Have high enough life and (ideally) 10 corpses, so spirirt offering gives you more ES than heartbound loop costs (this has to be adjusted on my build, I need an armor flask atm, but this can be solved with gear)
- spam.

Did I win, mate? I wonder what you will come up with and since I always checked your builds, at least this time I wanted to contribute.

Here is the earliest version:
Spoiler
https://streamable.com/3st80
Ok I think my occultist is not gonna work...

ES recharge on occultist works in a weird way. I doesn't stop on reaching full life. You can go down and up again after reaching full for exactly 4s because of the "not interrupted if recharge started recently". Kinda good cause then you don't care about reaching full, but also kinda fucked up, cause there's no way to maintain the regen forever. Anyway given how fast it is, would have been hard to stay in the recharge zone.

I'll swap to necro and try your necro version whenever I have the tree/gear figured out and have the necessary $$$.

Damn screwed so hard my abyss start lol. Have to refund 2 lab, redo a lot of my tree and rethink my gear.

Too bad I like volatile dead, not gonna be able to use the new corpses spells if I need to keep corpses for spirit offering.
Well, leveling that spirit offering spammer is a nightmare atm. I picked up "poet's pen" wand, which can be used as a starting point to start spamming spells etc.

Btw: Have you tested the new shields (Aegis)? It appears to block 1k fire/cold damage and replenishes once you stop taking that damage for some time. I wonder if swapping weapons could renwew it anyways.

Oh yeah: New shield that combines both, so it works with lightning damage as well. (did someone say Lightning Coil?)

Too bad your Occulist doesnt work out. But NEcro still seems promising.
Well occultist wasn't that bad, I could do 6-7 swaps for each regen cycle, for 1k damage each, with barely a third to half the lategame ES. Just the downtime was a pain in the ass to manage,especially vs dots.

I swapped to necro. At least it provides tons of resistances and some damage, instead of being just ES regen.

Not working great so far, I have like 2k life and +300% ES at level 70, totally not sustaining, although in perfect conditions I should gain 300ES per swap. Unearth is hard to see. I guess the main issue is that spirit offering is a bit random, if it targets a 1 corpse pile instead of the big one unearth just created, it sucks.
Don't have enough regrets to redo all the tree, but I should be able to gain 1k life easily. My gear was focused more on ES than life and I didn't have many life nodes either. I'll probably use some armor until it sustains better.

Magna eclipsis has too much armor. Also way too expensive i'm really broke, starting the league with some experimental shit wasn't the best idea :p. I'm in T3 when I should have been close to T10 with a good league starter.
Swapping should renew it, but 1k isn't that big :/. Armor might be ok to reduce the damage taken if it's not possible to sustain fully with the offering, otherwise it's not worth it, an ES or evasion shield with life crit and spell damage would be better. Granit isn't really great either...

The thing i'm looking for is the elder jewel, the discipline one gives a ton of ES on hit which should be huge for this build.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Dec 10, 2017, 7:32:16 PM
Ok so update on my side.

I have now 3.3k hp and 3.5k ES with +300%.

I gain like 1.2-1.3k per swap when spirit offering is targeting the correct pile of corpses.
ES even goes up to 4.8k after spirit offering.

So works nice, I can perma spam.

Damage is still ugly but so is my gear, tankiness is not great yet.

Looking very promising though.

Still have +50% life to take very close, 30% ES, a 2 point jewel, and the 2nd curse.

With a watcher's eye i'll bet it will have sick sustain at level 90. Sick ehp too, probably possible to reach 5.5k hp and 7k+ ES with offering up. And then all the possible 6l with shaper/elder items!

Will probably be end up at least as good as zerker 3.0.

So budget too! We might be more than 3 people playing it this time, :p .
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Dec 12, 2017, 4:17:52 AM
Hello! I' a friend of DIVA and I contributed to the Avatar of Martyr build in harbinger, a nice Cwdt scold build that no one really cared about it seems :p
Anyway, I'm interested into experimenting this weapon swap Cwdt build, with the necro version. Do you think that going hybrid is the right thing to do? Would it be too much squishy if going CI? I do not like wasting so many points in defence around the tree, especially with the necromancer ascendancy that does not give any damage bonus to ourselves beside 30% Inc damage
Last edited by engharat on Dec 13, 2017, 2:27:34 PM
Spirit offering gives 2% of life into ES, so yes it's mandatory to go hybrid.

And as you're constantly casting an offering, you get 70% increase not 30%.

Ask your friend he has it working just as well as mine so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info