[3.0] Cast on weapon swap

I understand your point of view.I don't know any amulet that would increase seriously the damage of all the spells. If the price of xoph's Blood is an issue, I'have tried some setups with avatar of fire keystone or with fire/ice penetration and I got always better results.bonuses of physical damage as extra damage are awesome if we would cast only phys spell, but having 2/3 of the spells that does not benefit this bonus, the returned gain is actually low.
BV is the only good damage dealer of the group: EK and bladefall produce the lowest damage of all the spells.
Anyway, mine are just suggestions based on PoB analysis, I'll be curious to see your final build and compare it with mine! :)

I am starting to also believe that there needs to be a measure to increase the damage by a big margin. Otherwise boss fights will take long.

Xoph's Blood combined with completely focusing on fire damage worked wonders on our last build and I dont think it will be much different here. The only issue I see is the amount of hits/sec that would decrease by not taking stuff like ball lightning and BV.

On the plus side though there are dozens of mods on elder/shaper gear that can be utilized.
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Dec 15, 2017, 5:23:00 PM
Bladefall hits multiple times, pretty sure it's on the high end.

Then you forget glacial cascade, and unearth who are both initially physical.

And desecrate would do 0 damage with avatar of fire, it's a necessary spell for sustain at least until dying sun.

And finally there's no way to have decent sustain with avatar of fire, both leech pots won't work, at best you get like 0.5% leech. And don't tell me you go vitality when you're trying to maximize dps.

Only shaper was long on my marauder, and we got more tools with shaper mods now to compensate for the loss of 40% more. Just need to find the right setup. Fight shouldn't be longer than in 3.0.

Anyway sustain is not as good as in 3.0, facetank will be harder vs big hitters, so going full static with flame surge and ice nova/vortex tiny aoe is not an option. This builds allows manual dodging to compensate dps issues and has better clearspeed.

Just wait to get real wands/daggers that rivalize the multimodded ones + void batteries I had, and damage will be there.
Yes, perhaps. Though, ehe thing about Unearth is that is pretty much only targets and hits your feet. I am fairly confident that it behaves like this.

To my knowledge, there is no other projectile that behaves like Unearth but this has to be taken into consideration. Further testing on Unearth's behaviour is need though.

I also though about an approach with pure phys spells because those can be scaled to an extreme level.
Shaper Wands/Dagger.
Spoiler

so up to 120% more damage for:
- Glacial Cascade
- Bladefall
- Blade Vortex
- Etheral Knives

Also, there are countless ways to scale that as there now is a way to add flat phys to spells (!)

Also, there is a ring mod that gives 3 mana on hit for spells (!), so a MoM+corrputed energy is still on my list of testing stuff.

Cheerios
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Dec 16, 2017, 1:32:38 PM
Ok working nicely for me now.

Finished to level everything to use cwdt level 14.

I got a nice enchant in uberlab:

And last ascendency points gave me 21% chaos res.

So this with pots kinda solves all my life issues. Not sure if I should get some on gear.

For ES, I've delayed the 2nd curse to get more life, and I degen like 50ES on swap. Almost there for full sustain with 2k1 damage per swap. For packs, watchers just does the work I can rush through them, even in red maps, only need to be careful with abyss mobs. For bosses, watchers is not doing much sadly. But well running around and having ES to recharge once in a while is ok. Good practice for learning boss mechanics and dodging manually.

Spent 60c to buy maps i'm not at 132/157. Few mores and then i'll farm $$ to buy shaped items.

Will be tough to get the correct stats + shaped affixes, but man no need to reroll this league, will take weeks to get perfect gear with blind innervate cooldown, crit multi on spells, shitload of damage to spells...
How do you degen only 50 ES per swap? I have your same setup (actually casting more spells than you), 4.4k life and 2.9k ES / 3.9k ES with spirit offering active.
I lose 2k ES at my first swap ( it doesn't consume the produced corpse even if spirit offering is at the end of my cwdt chain) and the subsequents castings consume 20% of my ES per swap. you have 10% more life then me on the tree and some more life on gear and probably you are around 4.7k life, but this would not account the big difference on ES gain
DIVA explained me the piece I was missing - spirit offering is giving flat ES that is scaled by %inc ES. I skipped several ES nodes, thinking that it was just incresing our ehp - instead it is a foundamental part of our build.
after taken 30% increased ES and reached 5.1k life, double insanity weapong is more sustainable :)
wondering if it is more beneficial 5% life or 6% ES for increasing offering gain
The formula for the ES gain is something like:

base life * (1+%bonus life) * (1+%bonus ES) * constant.

Given that bonus ES is far easier to get (I have like 320 ES and 170 for life), 5% life beats 6% ES everytime.

I'm at 5018 life.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Dec 20, 2017, 4:29:42 PM
Ok giving up for now.

My level 90 can't do T13s without dying too often it's frustrating.

The sustain is ok, in theory. Too often spirit offering targets some weird pile of corpses and regens 300 instead of 2000. Watcher cannot compensate all the damage taken from mobs vs single target + the failed spirit offerings.

So i'm out of ideas, might see at the end of the league if I can do something but without the possibility to farm high tier maps I don't wanna spend a week to farm for a dying sun or 1 decent shaper item.

Will make some exalts with a gc miner for now.
Have you ever considered that running both Desecrate and Unearth is the root of your problems regarding spirirt offering? Spirirt Offering always targets the nearest corpse since it is triggered. Unearth always lands at your feet when triggered by yourself.

If in theory, you could prevent monsters from triggering your cwdt, because you were swapping almost exactly 4 times/sec, there is no way that you would miss a pile.

Taking into account all that you know about the league and its items now, can you think of a revival? I still have all that stuff and would like to give this another shot.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info