[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

I'm so confused about your Pastebin haha (the first one) In your build on PoB your items doesn't match the colors of the gem link. Also in the guide you recommend using Ancestral call in the gem link, but later on you show your current gear (that doesn't match your PoB, you're not even using Belly of the Beast xD) and you don't use the gem links for Ancestral Warchief anymore, instead you use totem and a warcry.
Could you please update the PoB with your current character? items, Skill Links, etc. Don't mind updating the guide, I know it has suffered a lot of alterations and it's hard to remember to change everything accordingly. But at least updating the PoB link is easier as you only need to import your character to PoB and then updating the link.
Thanks btw, amazing build! ;)
Last edited by Tryintodraw on Jan 23, 2018, 11:04:31 PM
This is such a great build and one of my favorites because of how budget and great DPS it has.

I've been stacking Abyss Jewels and playing around with the setup with fun items like Yoke of Suffering and The Taming to shock nearly all bosses bar Shaper (40% Chance to Shock, 45% Freeze, 30% Burn). I'm around 1.3 Mil Shaper DPS and everything just melts (Not even counting the Yoke and Taming bonuses as they're not supported on PoB). The stuns and freeze on top of everything makes this one of the Safest builds as well as fast clears using Brightbeak and Prismatic Eclipse on weapon swap.

In fact, because the flat dmg stacking is so powerful, i'm using Brightbeak to clear all Maps in MF gear, even T15s! With MF gear I still have like 900K standard DPS with Brightbeak (1.6 Mil with Frostbreath) so its pretty nuts how fast I clear jumping around with Leap Slam.

If anyone is interested in my setup heres the pastebin :)

https://pastebin.com/GfLyX1ZQ

Enjoy!
Last edited by Skyte87 on Jan 24, 2018, 3:49:40 PM
when uber lab pays off
Hey Skyte87

I'm pretty new to this game and I have this character at level 84 currently. I was looking at The Taming as an option to work towards and love the additions you have made in your Pastebin. From what I understand of Freeze, Shock and Ignite doesn't Resolute Technique effectively make them never proc cause they only proc on crits? You say you still freeze and shock even with resolute technique...I'm just wondering if I'm misreading something.
"
Chorster wrote:
Hey Skyte87

I'm pretty new to this game and I have this character at level 84 currently. I was looking at The Taming as an option to work towards and love the additions you have made in your Pastebin. From what I understand of Freeze, Shock and Ignite doesn't Resolute Technique effectively make them never proc cause they only proc on crits? You say you still freeze and shock even with resolute technique...I'm just wondering if I'm misreading something.

Crit makes elemental damage inflict their respective ailments regardless of your 'chance to chill/ignite/shock' chance. If you don't crit, you need said stats on your items somewhere.

For example: if you have '10% chance to shock" your lightning damage (and only your lightning damage) can shock an enemy with a 10% chance even if you don't crit.
ign: PhrozenFlame
"
Skyte87 wrote:
This is such a great build and one of my favorites because of how budget and great DPS it has.

I've been stacking Abyss Jewels and playing around with the setup with fun items like Yoke of Suffering and The Taming to shock nearly all bosses bar Shaper (40% Chance to Shock, 45% Freeze, 30% Burn). I'm around 1.3 Mil Shaper DPS and everything just melts (Not even counting the Yoke and Taming bonuses as they're not supported on PoB). The stuns and freeze on top of everything makes this one of the Safest builds as well as fast clears using Brightbeak and Prismatic Eclipse on weapon swap.

In fact, because the flat dmg stacking is so powerful, i'm using Brightbeak to clear all Maps in MF gear, even T15s! With MF gear I still have like 900K standard DPS with Brightbeak (1.6 Mil with Frostbreath) so its pretty nuts how fast I clear jumping around with Leap Slam.

If anyone is interested in my setup heres the pastebin :)

https://pastebin.com/GfLyX1ZQ

Enjoy!

There is a problem with with the pastebin. PAth of building says "Invalid code"
Hi guys,

really like this build and started a similar one.

Also enjoying your high level discussions but I´m just a starter and do have only a 5L chest.

So my question is easy, which gem is the best one to leave out till i have a 6L one.

Sorry if i missed the answer in the complete thread, but just flew over and did not find something about my questions.

Thanks a lot.
Could I convert this to a 1h + shield build? Tried to make a 1h shield ice crash champion but this seems to gain more synergy with frost bomb and such.
"
HamartiaV wrote:
Could I convert this to a 1h + shield build? Tried to make a 1h shield ice crash champion but this seems to gain more synergy with frost bomb and such.

He started testing this build with 1h and shield and ditched it in favor of the dual wield. You just get so much more DPS potential with the Dual Wield setup.
hat jewelry should I use cold damage or speed attack?

Im using this pastebin https://pastebin.com/aHuPbpga
Last edited by Sefirotcler on Feb 2, 2018, 8:11:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info