[3.1] BUDGET! Frostbreath + Ice Crash - 1 Million Shaper DPS

"
MaxGor31 wrote:
What about using Doryani's Catalyst instead of Frostbreath?

All the interest of the build is using ice crash and Frostbreath to *2 all damages done to chilled ennemies.

Look at the 1rst page, Dongaldo post, weapon explanation.

I Have done Phoenix map deathless with my rich version, and shaper yellow tier easly. I am working the get the 2 other guardians map and shaper red tier.
I didnt succed to Uber atziri, have trouble with the trio atm.I tried like a dumb to face tank, wrong idea.

Dib
Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 10, 2018, 9:51:49 AM
Hello everyone

Got some questions..

1 - Cold Steel worths yet? Should we replace that?

2 - What about change "berserking" dot for "Duality"?

3 - And what if we swap "Hypothermia" by "Ice bite"?

4 - When CWDT actives vortex/immortal call does it active "Instruments of Virtue"?
"
dibdib2 wrote:

All the interest of the build is using ice crash and Frostbreath to *2 all damages done to chilled ennemies.

I mean Doryani would do more damage (perhaps, needs calculating due to amounts of flat damage) than Frostbreath to chilled enemies, and you wouldn't have to deal weak first hit.
For my L85 character imported to Path of Building, a max-attack speed Catalyst does 21% less damage than Frostbreath to chilled enemies. Obviously Catalyst will do more to enemies which are not chilled, however in practice for me, that's very rare.
"
dibdib2 wrote:
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

I Have done Phoenix map deathless with my rich version, and shaper yellow tier easly. I am working the get the 2 other guardians map and shaper red tier.
I didnt succed to Uber atziri, have trouble with the trio atm.I tried like a dumb to face tank, wrong idea.

Dib

Did you manage to freeze shaper/elder or any guardian?

"
reezagent wrote:
"
dibdib2 wrote:
"
MaxGor31 wrote:

Dib

Did you manage to freeze shaper/elder or any guardian?

Hello,not at all, I freeze bosses until T12/T13 but I didnt see any kind of freezing animation for T15 and guardians. That means I have to avoid massives attacks and follow the strat, I cant facetank them or permafreeze. But it's not the purpose of the build so it's ok.
I may freeze them but for a really short duration , short enough to not see that on the screen.
I have done the 4 guardians so far, and T15 map without reflecting/ temp chain are really easy and fast, T15 map bosses too. But I fail the Trio uber atziri at the moment and never try shaper (even before) until now. I will try it this weekend. I tried to get a red elder too, but last time he appeared in one of the 4 only yellow map of my elder zone (all the other ones were red...) so no luck, an other yellow elder hahaha. And yellow elder is easy too.

"
rdnc wrote:
Hello everyone

Got some questions..

1 - Cold Steel worths yet? Should we replace that?

2 - What about change "berserking" dot for "Duality"?

3 - And what if we swap "Hypothermia" by "Ice bite"?

4 - When CWDT actives vortex/immortal call does it active "Instruments of Virtue"?

Here my point of view :

1- Not in my opinion, since abyss jewell with flat cold damages and life/attack speed is better, and you can use the free points not invested in that shield path of the tree to get other juicy jewel slots xD

2 - Not a good plan at all, you increase your damages by adding flat cold damages and up attack speed. physical damage is a waste comparate to that. I'd like to show you with some stats from path of building but i never try it.

3 - One of the most important question in poe support skill. Always prefer a "More" than an "Add" or an "increased", since "More" is multiplicative and "add" and "increased" are additive. So even if you manage to get some other frenzy charges, and even if adding flat cold damage is always a good idea, it's never as good as a "more" multiplicative for me. Try with path of building too, it will show you this better than me. (correct me if i am wrong then)

4 - unsing the reasearch bar in this forum, i have read no, it doesnt active it since you are not casting it by yourself, spending mana for it.

Dib
Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 12, 2018, 4:04:31 AM
Didn't think another would use Frostbreath + Deidbellow in the same build, this seems more efficient, Inquisitor's power I guess :)

Good job!
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Ahhhhh dudes,

I am affraid to not posting here a lot anymore.
Why? Because i had some troubles to handle some end game bosses and specially ones with dot areas (I am not good enough to avoid areas, big hits and others annoying stuff in end game bosses fight). So i needed to find something allowing me to up my survivability.

I try to change just one thing (but main thing of this build), I swap ice crash for molten strike, and change supports gem (and take one lifegain on hit). I took both jewels with more molten srike projectiles. Now, everything is better. I still chill/ make double damage with all the added cold dammages from jewel, so I always use frostbreath. I heal myself so much than i can facetank near anything.

With that, keeping most of thing explaining here (minor changes to the tree but big changes in a more expensive stuff) and keeping frostbreath, I handle Red Elder easily. Succeded my first one yesterday alone.

I will try the 4 guardians tonight. I am just a bit weaker against big "one shot" hit, (which didnt one shot me before), and mapping is still fast (or I can even take frost blade for even more fasting clearspeed). I do T15 map without ele reflexion insanly fast.

So since I am not running icecrash anymore (but I loved doing it, thx Dongaldo and others for this build), I have no really point to post again here :/

Last edited by dibdib2 on Jan 15, 2018, 5:51:48 AM
Hi guys I have a newbie question:

If I put this mace in the right slot of my ice crash character:

¿Do the elemental penetration, increased elemental damage and added cold damage of the weapon are used even though ice crash only uses left slot?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by falxes on Jan 15, 2018, 11:54:23 PM
falxes, the elemental penetration and increased elemental damage with attacks are global and will affect Ice Crash. The flat added cold damage is local to that weapon, and will not.
Last edited by Norky on Jan 16, 2018, 5:33:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info